BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY

BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Bloomsburg is a great place
Macintosh Technician (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAApril 30, 2015
Bloomsbury University is a great place to work and go to school! The professors are great and they make sure you know the material. The employees are also great.
Overall healthy place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Working with the Residence Life office was very pleasant. What was expected of me was very clearly outlined and I was compensated appropriately for it.
relaxed atmosphere
Art Tech Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PaJanuary 15, 2015
Met with many unique individuals and assisted with their understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
Flexible schedule, pleasant work place.
Lab/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PADecember 31, 2014
My position had very flexible hours and did not interfere with my class schedule. I enjoy setting up the physics labs and working wth the professors in the department.
Instructional Tecnology Lead Graduate Assistant
Lead Instructional Technology Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), bloomdburg, PaDecember 31, 2014
After working here a whole year. I was able to enhance my skills and knowledge of instructional technology and design. I worked with tools like Storyline and Captivate. Typically I would have a few Projects a semester to work on until the dead line. Working at this university was incredible. I can truly say they have given me skills that i can use everywhere I go.
Learned a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PANovember 13, 2014
Great experience both for educational and professional. Used advanced techniques that are not available to most Undergraduates.
Grant Assistant
Grant Assistant (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: flexible work
I hold the position as a Grant Assistant for a professor here at Bloomsburg University. Dr. Mary King is my supervisor who assigns papers, research, and coding for me and another worker to complete. The grant is funded by the PLCB and is called BU Responsibly, a healthy drinking campaign that focuses on giving undergraduate students the real facts of college student drinking. As an employee I am required to give information sessions, up to 200 students at a time. I am also a trainer for the program to teach other organizations on campus how the BU Responsibly campaign functions. I enjoy working in this type of field and enjoy recruiting new students to join in on the campaign.
job is good for students not career minded individuals
TEXTBOOK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PAOctober 18, 2014
Pros: hours
Cons: everything else
hours are perfect for single parents with children but the constant layoffs and hour cuts hurt overall job security.
work is repetitive there isn't much job learning that you wouldn't already know from any previous job.
hardest part of the job is the layoffs and favoritism, no chance ever for advancement.
A work study position
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAApril 26, 2014
Pros: paid to study, feel good for helping people
I only had three tasks at this position. I had to help my fellow students with low level computer problems, as well as make sure the printers in the lab were stock and working properly. I also had to report computer usage every hour. My manager showed us how to do our jobs on the first day and dealt with any schedule conflicts but beyond that he really wasn't involved in my day to day activities. The only interaction I had with my fellow Lab Consultants was at the beginning and end of my shifts. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help people.
Work/Study
Student Worker (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Being able to balance my work life and school work was wonderful.
Productive Student Worker Job
Student Receptionist (Current Employee), Bloomsburg, PASeptember 25, 2013
Its been a great oppertunity getting to work in the Residence Life Office. On a typical day I answer phone calls, communicate problems and questions to Professional staff, and get to work with other student workers. The hardest part is answering phone calls that relate to an unsatisfied parents or students. It can be frustrating, but at the end of the day you know you helped them to the best of my abilities.
Productive but fun place to work
Stage Hand (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAAugust 23, 2013
Pros: short days
Cons: not enough days
I really wasn't giving a lot of days to work. It was a job I had in school. It allowed me to work a total of 20 hours every two weeks.
Educational and great communication skills
Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PaJuly 30, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: healthcare
This position allowed to come out of my shell and open up to others. It taught me responsibility and the ability to speak to others in an effective manner. Helped broaden my role of being and staying an active role model. Hardest of his position was disciplining college adults when their where not following school policy and procedures. Enjoyed meeting new people and planning fun team building activities.
Computer Lab Assistant
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 25, 2013
While I was a student at Bloomsburg University, I also worked
in the computer lab to assist students with projects they needed
to complete. It was very enjoyable. I enjoyed helping others
as well as learning so much from the students who came to
work in the lab.
Great place to work and further your education.
Custodian Facility Server (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PASeptember 18, 2012
Pros: great benefits
Cons: location.
I worked 5am-1pm. I cleaned an entire floor. My supervisor and my co-workers were very nice people. They made going in to work easy. That was the most enjoyable part of that job. They said I could brighten a dark day because I was always smiling.The hardest part of it was being called "just a custodian". I learned how to mix chemicals, run new machines for the floor work and light repair work.
It was a temporary job
Custodial Worker (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAAugust 6, 2012
I cleaned buildings, and offices. This was a temporary job.
Tutoring
Volunteer Tutor (Former Employee), Bloomsburg UniversityJuly 15, 2012
Working with fellow college students to succeed in all areas of study.
temporary faculty
Faculty temporary (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAJune 18, 2012
temporary fill-in position for faculty on maternity leave
Very political place to work
Police Officer (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PAMay 23, 2012
Pros: great benifits
Cons: poor management
Bloomsburg University was a valuable tool to learning Law Enforcement. The everyday routine patrol carried out many complaints. Along with traffic patrol this job was very rewarding in many aspects. General office duties ranged from simple copy machines to very complicated computer software use.