BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Great school
Graduate Assistantship (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 6, 2017
Overall a great college with excellent benefits package especially for student workers. The university allowed a great balance between school, work, and personal life.
Admissions
Admissions Department Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 29, 2017
Bloomsburg is a great school and the admissions office was a great place to work. I only wish that I could have had the opportunity to work there full time.
Typical university
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 23, 2017
public universities are always feeling the pinch. Need to publish in order to get tenure. They're trying to raise more money through funded research.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  400 East 2nd Street, Bloomsburg PA 17821January 30, 2017
I love being able to work at school and how flexible it is. I get to meet other students along with professors and other staff members and build a relationship with them.
Research Associate 2016 Zeigler Case Competition (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 27, 2017
Worked as a team to research telecommunications in Russian
Created a business plan for the company
Presented the plan to a board of directors
Pros
Free work space
Cons
Short Deadlines
Comfortable Work Environment with plenty of room for upward growth
Student Reference Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 22, 2017
The most enjoyable part of being at Bloomsburg University was the culture of the people that work there already. Everyone is so ready, all so willing to help newcomers and they all continued the gracious kindness all throughout the duration of my degree attainment at Bloomsburg University. I would absolutely work at the University professionally in a heartbeat.
Pros
Kind Co-workers, good pay, help offered
Cons
Difficult tasks
Employee and Student
Orientation Workshop Leader (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 20, 2017
My college alma mater but also was my employer for a few years great place to work with advancement everywhere and available not just listed for the public.
Pros
Location right off the highway so commute is good, Advancement
Great Workplace
Reservation Assistant / Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Easy going office vibes! Constantly meeting new and interesting students and helping them organize events. A positive, people friendly environment.
Pros
Easy work, meeting new people, awesome boss
Positive Environment
Student Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 30, 2016
Provide helpful & friendly service to each guest, place orders at counter & drive-thru, handle money transactions, make all beverages & food, assist in training new employees, perform all responsibilities patiently & efficiently during fast-pace situations. Learned more customer service, cash handling, food, barista, & multi-tasking skills, etc.
great place to work
Orientation Workshop Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 1, 2016
Mgmt is outstanding, really make you feel like you matter and they do their best to work with you not against you. Work place culture is very hectic yet in a way, an organized mess.

Want to know more about BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY?

Ask a question
Great place to learn how to lead
Orientation Workshop Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed every second working for the University, I would recommend this position to those who want to lead and become a professional.
Camp counsilor
Office Worker for Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 7, 2015
Watched over the dorm with other wrestling team members of mine. Had to manage high school wrestlers every specific amounts of hours, also while keeping their behavior undercontrol. I demonstrated wrestling move at the camp sessions.I did all this while balancing out summer classes and summer wrestling practices, so time managment was big here.
Pros
payment from the University
Cons
long physical hours
Great for gaining experience as well as covering some tuition costs
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 2, 2015
Although the pay stipend was not enough to live on, it did cover most of the tuition costs. The job itself was great for gaining experience in a lab environment, as well as learning about education and dealing with students. Overall this position was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Tuition coverage, fairly laidback environment
Cons
Pay is not great, and sometimes requires odd hours
Great place to learn and grow professionally.
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 20, 2015
I worked with people that pushed me to grow professionally and only wanted me to do my best and receive recognition for my efforts. Positive experience working there.
Fun!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed being a graduate assistant, not only was I able to help the professor with grading but I was able to do research of my own. I also had the unique opportunity to do data analysis on a wide variety of projects.
Rewarding and enjoyable job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 10, 2015
While I was only an intern working for the Bloomsburg University Archives, I found the internship to be very rewarding.
Bloomsburg is a great place
Macintosh Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 30, 2015
Bloomsbury University is a great place to work and go to school! The professors are great and they make sure you know the material. The employees are also great.
Overall healthy place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Working with the Residence Life office was very pleasant. What was expected of me was very clearly outlined and I was compensated appropriately for it.
relaxed atmosphere
Art Tech Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PaJanuary 15, 2015
Met with many unique individuals and assisted with their understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
Flexible schedule, pleasant work place.
Lab/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 31, 2014
My position had very flexible hours and did not interfere with my class schedule. I enjoy setting up the physics labs and working wth the professors in the department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4