BLOOMSBURG UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews in United States

great place to work
Orientation Workshop Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMarch 1, 2016
Mgmt is outstanding, really make you feel like you matter and they do their best to work with you not against you. Work place culture is very hectic yet in a way, an organized mess.
Great place to learn how to lead
Orientation Workshop Leader (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 22, 2016
I enjoyed every second working for the University, I would recommend this position to those who want to lead and become a professional.
Camp counsilor
Office Worker for Dean of Students (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 7, 2015
Watched over the dorm with other wrestling team members of mine. Had to manage high school wrestlers every specific amounts of hours, also while keeping their behavior undercontrol. I demonstrated wrestling move at the camp sessions.I did all this while balancing out summer classes and summer wrestling practices, so time managment was big here.
Pros
payment from the University
Cons
long physical hours
Great for gaining experience as well as covering some tuition costs
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 2, 2015
Although the pay stipend was not enough to live on, it did cover most of the tuition costs. The job itself was great for gaining experience in a lab environment, as well as learning about education and dealing with students. Overall this position was a great experience and I would highly recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Tuition coverage, fairly laidback environment
Cons
Pay is not great, and sometimes requires odd hours
Great place to learn and grow professionally.
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 20, 2015
I worked with people that pushed me to grow professionally and only wanted me to do my best and receive recognition for my efforts. Positive experience working there.
Fun!
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed being a graduate assistant, not only was I able to help the professor with grading but I was able to do research of my own. I also had the unique opportunity to do data analysis on a wide variety of projects.
Rewarding and enjoyable job
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAMay 10, 2015
While I was only an intern working for the Bloomsburg University Archives, I found the internship to be very rewarding.
Bloomsburg is a great place
Macintosh Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 30, 2015
Bloomsbury University is a great place to work and go to school! The professors are great and they make sure you know the material. The employees are also great.
Overall healthy place to work
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 15, 2015
Working with the Residence Life office was very pleasant. What was expected of me was very clearly outlined and I was compensated appropriately for it.
relaxed atmosphere
Art Tech Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PaJanuary 15, 2015
Met with many unique individuals and assisted with their understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite.
Flexible schedule, pleasant work place.
Lab/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PADecember 31, 2014
My position had very flexible hours and did not interfere with my class schedule. I enjoy setting up the physics labs and working wth the professors in the department.
Instructional Tecnology Lead Graduate Assistant
Lead Instructional Technology Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  bloomdburg, PaDecember 31, 2014
After working here a whole year. I was able to enhance my skills and knowledge of instructional technology and design. I worked with tools like Storyline and Captivate. Typically I would have a few Projects a semester to work on until the dead line. Working at this university was incredible. I can truly say they have given me skills that i can use everywhere I go.
Learned a lot
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PANovember 13, 2014
Great experience both for educational and professional. Used advanced techniques that are not available to most Undergraduates.
Grant Assistant
Grant Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 27, 2014
I hold the position as a Grant Assistant for a professor here at Bloomsburg University. Dr. Mary King is my supervisor who assigns papers, research, and coding for me and another worker to complete. The grant is funded by the PLCB and is called BU Responsibly, a healthy drinking campaign that focuses on giving undergraduate students the real facts of college student drinking. As an employee I am required to give information sessions, up to 200 students at a time. I am also a trainer for the program to teach other organizations on campus how the BU Responsibly campaign functions. I enjoy working in this type of field and enjoy recruiting new students to join in on the campaign.
Pros
flexible work
job is good for students not career minded individuals
TEXTBOOK ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 18, 2014
hours are perfect for single parents with children but the constant layoffs and hour cuts hurt overall job security.
work is repetitive there isn't much job learning that you wouldn't already know from any previous job.
hardest part of the job is the layoffs and favoritism, no chance ever for advancement.
Pros
hours
Cons
everything else
A work study position
Computer Lab Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAApril 26, 2014
I only had three tasks at this position. I had to help my fellow students with low level computer problems, as well as make sure the printers in the lab were stock and working properly. I also had to report computer usage every hour. My manager showed us how to do our jobs on the first day and dealt with any schedule conflicts but beyond that he really wasn't involved in my day to day activities. The only interaction I had with my fellow Lab Consultants was at the beginning and end of my shifts. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help people.
Pros
paid to study, feel good for helping people
Work/Study
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAFebruary 5, 2014
Being able to balance my work life and school work was wonderful.
Productive Student Worker Job
Student Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 25, 2013
Its been a great oppertunity getting to work in the Residence Life Office. On a typical day I answer phone calls, communicate problems and questions to Professional staff, and get to work with other student workers. The hardest part is answering phone calls that relate to an unsatisfied parents or students. It can be frustrating, but at the end of the day you know you helped them to the best of my abilities.
Productive but fun place to work
Stage Hand (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAAugust 23, 2013
I really wasn't giving a lot of days to work. It was a job I had in school. It allowed me to work a total of 20 hours every two weeks.
Pros
short days
Cons
not enough days
Educational and great communication skills
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PaJuly 30, 2013
This position allowed to come out of my shell and open up to others. It taught me responsibility and the ability to speak to others in an effective manner. Helped broaden my role of being and staying an active role model. Hardest of his position was disciplining college adults when their where not following school policy and procedures. Enjoyed meeting new people and planning fun team building activities.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
healthcare

4.3