Home Health Agency Seeking Director of Patient Care Services.*
Director of Patient Care Services responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure compliance with company policy and Title 22.
- Supervise all clinical activities and staff related to nursing.
- Assist with recruiting, hiring, orienting and ongoing in-service education of all nursing staff.
- Remain informed of home health regulations and standards as well as management issues.
- Accountable for all clinical issues.
- Provide guidance and support for supervisory, field and office staff.
- Conduct employee performance evaluations. Assists with development of new job standards as needed.
- Counsel staff appropriately and in a timely manner concerning areas of deficiency as well as areas of excellence and quality improvement.
- Ensure coordination of care by all disciplines.
- Assure that a reassessment of a client’s needs is performed by the appropriate health care professional (i.e. when there is a significant health status change in the client’s condition at the physician’s request or after hospital discharge.)
- Ensure compliance with The Conditions of Participation.
- Participate in review, analysis and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total agency program.
- Participate in short and long range planning for the agency and implement specific measures for agency growth. Increase market share through education of physicians and other community and referral sources.
- Participate in the evaluation of agency programs.
- Assure service satisfaction through client visits and other measures, as appropriate. Investigate and resolve agency complaints related to nursing or other department if required.
- Ensure care delivery meets the needs of the patients and follows professional practice standards.
- Develop, implement, review and revise policies and procedures to guide care delivery.
- Monitor compliance with applicable Federal, Sate and Local laws, Professional Standards and principals, established policies and procedures and the plan of care.
Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards are required!
Intermediate Computer skills are a plus!
In order to be considered for employment, all applicants must have the following (no exceptions!):
- Be a registered nurse with a baccalaureate or higher degree in nursing or other health related field with three years of experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity OR
- Be a registered nurse with four years experience within the last five years in a home health agency, primary care clinic or health facility, at least one year of which was in a supervisory or administrative capacity.
- Driver's License and Reliable Transportation
- Current Automobile Insurance
- Must have had a health screen within the past 6 months
- TB Screening
Blossom Ridge Home Health Agency is an equal opportunity employer and does not deny benefits to, or exclude, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, disability or age in admission, treatment or participation in its program, services and activities, or in employment.
Indeed - 13 months ago