Blount Fine Foods Employee Reviews

I probably wouldn't refer someone there unless they were desperate.
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 1, 2017
Low pay long hours. Didn't feel like they valued my work. Place is like a revolving door not meant people last. The ones that do sometimes make you scratch your head. Management keep their circle tight. Hard to move up from within the company unless you are very lucky or just stick around for an insane amount of time. Benefits are good but they do not party their machine operators like they should be paid. 100 degrees lifting 100lb barrels of product all day working 10-12 hour days.
Overall, not good.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 14, 2017
Basically to keep it short, company is money hungry. Will drive workers to the ground, with very little pay. They will squeeze every bit of life from you and expect you to have no other life besides, Blount. Filled with empty promises from overhead. Will give you the run around. Most PCs are very hard working, yet undermined by men in suits who sit in offices all day. Company is backwards.
Benefits
Cons
Breaks, management
Stressful and full of adventures.
Speedier (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MASeptember 16, 2016
This job is a good paying kob, it don't offer lots of benefits but they have good salarys.depending on how you perform, and what type of you you hold you will get paid based on.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Little shifts
Not a fun work place
Warehouse Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 2, 2017
I like to work but I didn't like to work here. My managing team was not able to handle the work and made sure that the works knew it. I work at a pinch point where everything came through me at some point and so did all the management and when they were not happy you would feel it.
Pros
Cons
short lunch and breaks worked 12 hours a day with a 30min lunch
busy seasonally
Cook (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJanuary 23, 2017
Promoted to cook after two months of working recycling

Responsible for following specific recipes for batches of soup, cooking the batches in industrial size kettles, lifting barrels of ingredients weighing up to 100 lbs; cleaning the kettles and surrounding area

Responsible for working 12 hour shifts during busy season
Productive and professional place to work
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Showed me good work ethic for a fast paced environment to be able to adapt to the environment in a multilingual setting . Independent working made it less stressful .
Pros
independent working
Cons
difficult climates
Pleasant but unorganized
Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJanuary 10, 2017
The people are great. Plenty of hours, too many in fact. They simply don't have enough room for all of the production. The worst part is that they are simply short staffed.
needs work.
Warehouse Administrator (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 10, 2017
i started out as an inventory coordinator and moved into the office and became the warehouse administrator. I worked 70+ hours a week.
Safety Professional Who Thrives on Making Others Better
SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 22, 2016
Safety is about much more than simply writing, promoting and enforcing safe work policies and procedures. It is about equipping and training others to make smart decisions. As much as I enjoy data mining it is much more rewarding to see expressions of others when they finally understand the safety philosophy and are able to then take that understanding back to their workplace.
Productive positive workplace
Kettle Operator (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAJune 1, 2016
Typical day arriving on time ready for work perform maintenance pre ups on kettles and machines, management assist in anyway possible and co workers are very helpful as well. Communication is a must when working as a team to produce to the maximum and my favorite part of the day was as the end of each shift knowing that we completed our task to standards and more. Doing a good job!
Pros
Holidays company gives back.
Cons
Management needs to communicate better with employees
School Kitchen
Senior Quality Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAAugust 6, 2016
Great environment to make mistakes and learn. Teaching other students while learning yourself creates a humbling well rounded experience.
interresting place to work at
Dip Room Production Technician (Current Employee) –  fall river, mass 02721September 22, 2014
good place , with good benefits and great people.
learned a lot with my co-workers , management was OK .
Pros
nice and clean cafeteria
Great company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 17, 2016
This is an awesome company to work for! They truly care for their employees and their is endless opportunity to grow. The hours are long in the winter and short in the summer.
Pros
many opportunities
Cons
lower on pay scale
Very fast paced and productive company
Warehouse Prep (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAOctober 29, 2013
I enjoyed working for Blount Fine Foods because of the environment.It was a very fast paced company.Production was non-stop,so I stayed busy throughout my entire shift.I enjoyed working as a team player with co workers.The job was very physical.Typically lifting 10-80 pound bags/boxes of ingredients.Which I liked a challenge.The hardest part of this job was probably working a double or overtime.My shift varied from 8-16 hour days most of the time.But again I like a challenge and these days was def the hardest
Pros
fast paced always busy
Cons
shift change
Stresfull enviroment
QA TECH I (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 13, 2015
to much work without supervision, not well organized. there's not an specific time to go to lunch and with all the work you have to do is almost impossible to take a lunch break.
Pros
their lunch break is not controlled.
Cons
sometimes there's not even a lunch break!
punctual
Assistant Kettle Operator (Former Employee) –  fall river maMarch 11, 2014
A typical day at work consist of mataining a clean work area and operating cooking machines. Ive learned timing is curtail and everything has to be exact. Co-workers kept to them selfs, except my the lead kettle operator. The hardest part of that job was that the floor was always wet made the job slower. The most enjoyable part was that i got a chance to grow in the company from doing sanitation to operating a kettle.
My brakes enjoy the time with my co-worker out side
Forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAMay 22, 2014
I enjoy everything what I'm doing at work. Is a good company they take care of the employee and I feel good is a good place to work
productive and very good environment to work nice people
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, RISeptember 2, 2013
i was very happy to work for this company i learn a lot it was a great team
productive fast paced environment
warehoue prep (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MANovember 11, 2013
enjoyed the shift and hours.Worked in very detail oriented work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blount Fine Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Blount Fine Foods Reviews by Location