Blount International

Blount International Employer Reviews

Loved working at Blount, they closed another division otherwise i would still be there.
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Cons: layoff
Great benefits, if they wanted me i would be there tomorrow. Bit they have to many maintenance people as it is.
just not a fun place
Cnc Mill Operator (Current Employee), kansas citySeptember 3, 2014
you work to no end, and with no real destination in sight.

fff
Only if you have no other choice...
Billing Analyst / Warehouse Clerk / 2nd shift lead (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2014
Basically, Blount's management team has no idea as to how to treat their employees. Most of the regular employees are gone now through terminations and the workforce is largely temp.

They recently (2012) constructed a large facility in a remote industrial area west of I-29 near the airport, no public transportation.

As they say these days "there is no such thing as job security."
Easy Job Poor Management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2014
Pros: freebies when hired
Cons: poor management
Put simply a very easy job with great pay and benefits but poor management.
company has changed drarastically very unhappy
Quality Auditor/Trainer (Current Employee), kansas city, moMarch 18, 2014
a typical day at work is going in being there by 7am have a meeting do stretches and then get into our 8 hour day of packaging products and working as fast as possible to push stuff out of the door what I have learned is in some ways to be lead and to push people and motivate people management is way in over their head and have been able so far to treat their people however they feel like treating them ex. cussing at them co workers are friendly for the most part but have poor listening skills the hardest part of the job is to be one of the top performing employess and being constantly nagged at and seeing people who don't work that hard get raises and the people that work hard don't get shown gratitude for how hard they work and the most enjoyable part is the friends I have there that can listen to me venting on break I have never been so unhappy with this company until now
Blount International is a good company to work for.
Safety Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: diverse work culture and good management.
Cons: industrial work environment.
Blount International is a growing company with many complex issues. Overall it is an excellent company to work for.
Excellent company to work for. room to grow into new positions.
Graveyard Shift Supervisor I (Former Employee), Milwaukie OregonAugust 29, 2013
Wonderful people at Blount, Extremly good product "saw chain" for chain saws.
A decent place to work
Craftsperson 2- Journeyman Tool Room Machinist (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 29, 2013
Pros: indoors and air conditioned
Cons: adp clocks
I have my own opinions but will not share on here. Main reason is due to I am employed with this company still for a little while longer
good people fun work place
line lead (Former Employee), Golden , ColoradoJune 10, 2013
Pros: health bennifits
Cons: not stable the company moved out of state
start the day with stretch exercise.
I learned how to prepare a full shipment
The management team worked well.
good workers
letting people go because it wasn't a good fit.
Knowing that at the end of the day we did what it takes to get the job done.
Production Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2013
Pros: free giveaways for professional baseball tickets and football to kansas city royals and chiefs!!
Cons: hot job
Very interesting job. I learned how lawn mower blades were made. Learned different jobs and how to program a robot. The people are very nice and got along really good. The hardest part of the job was the heat. No air conditioning. The most enjoyable part was learning different things.
All work and no life
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2013
Pros: got experience
Cons: gave my personal life up
I was a part of leadership team. The former management was great the current management is a joke. I dedicated all my time in the company with little thanks and no advancement. They promoted people with less than 6 months to jobs they didn't know and couldn't handle. I worked with a great crew but no management support. The inventory manager is the most evil woman to work for. I think she is bipolar.
Senior Product Line Manager, PowerSharp® Products (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 20, 2013
Blount has a great brand in OREGON and has good market share in the categories they compete in. Management has a clear plan and communicates it well to the employees.
Kept me on as a temp for 2 1/2 years
Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Milwaukie, ORMarch 7, 2013
They treat temporary employees like garbage, In my case leading me on for 2 and 1/2 years only to watch people whom I trained be hired on before me. Co-workers however are very nice and benefits and opportunities to move within the company are good if you are in fact a core employee. Management is sometimes lacking and you really have to get on someones back to get an answer or something done even when it is important. The hardest part of the job is you are replaceable at a dime a dozen as a temporary employee
Great Compensation/ Benefits
Assembler (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good pay
Cons: 10 hrs days 6 days a wk, no life after work
Your time will have to revolve around this company, great pay but not the hurt and terrible management skills
Food quality not good but staff very knowledeable and highly trained
Food Service Associate, Dana Hospitality (Former Employee), Guelph, Ontario, CanadaSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: dinner at half price, close to home, friendly atmosphere
Cons: salads were kept for up to 7 days to serve customers at manager's request.
Food quality quite low, due to Manager's budget restraints. Great staff and Manager. Hardest part of the job was bending over for hours washing heavy pots and pans.

Most enjoyable was serving the customers.

About Blount International

Folks at Blount International have their work cut out for them. The manufacturer produces cutting chain, guide bars, sprockets, – Read more