Blount International Employee Reviews

A productive work environment
Sr. Analyst & Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 20, 2017
An excellent place to work.
My immediate superior is excellent as a boss, guide and mentor.
One gets an opportunity to experiment and inculcate best practices, improve systems to better the processes and enhance overall efficiency for the business of the Company.
Pros
Collaborative environment
Cons
Nothing specific
poor management
Manufacturing Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 11, 2017
if you want to work where nepotism is rampant...blount international is the place for you.. Poor management is rampant and I would not recommend this place to anyone
It is an straightforward easygoing workplace but with little toroom for advancement
Processing Utility (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2017
I liked the place for awhile until I looked into advancing in the company. I personally feel like your advancement in a company should be based on your work and not on the fact that you made friends with coworkers..
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Promotions generally for friends and family
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 24, 2017
Great career wise and the place is big on safety. I learned about lawn mowers and people I worked with trained me well enough to be placed on my own after a couple of days.
Pros
Can move up in promotion
Cons
Short breaks
Was a great place to work and grow professionally
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 21, 2017
typical day was very busy with many tasks and initiatives to complete. Went from a very task-y type position to a very strategic position at the end of my employment. BLT has a lot of great people working there in Kansas City.
It's ok
Die Setter (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 8, 2017
Work a lot of hours, but pay is good. Good benefits and hours are nice too. Location is not ideal as it is in a sketchy neighborhood. Management needs to listen to its employees though to be successful.
Fun and Family like environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
this is a down to earth workplace with tons of room to expand educationally as well as training opportunity. This job also offers awesome benefits that help family's in times of possible crises.
Pros
Great Enviroment
Cons
With every job there will be people you would rather not work with.
Surrounded by excellent people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for Blount International. I had a great work/life balance and the people that I worked with made going into the office every day very enjoyable.
Company going under
Facility Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 1, 2017
The atmosphere was stressful as many of my coworkers lost their jobs due to massive layoffs. Difficult to work with management. Felt like they were more interested in letting people go then working with you.
Pros
Great benefits, big company
Cons
Stress, management, menial work
Great place to work, educational opportunities
Machinist Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMay 13, 2017
While working at Carlton chainsaw, the pay was great, and so were the people. Unfortunately, the operation was bought by another company and the shop was shut down.
Pros
Free education, great place to work, friendly owners
Cons
Was shut down
Good pay. No home life
Heat treat technician 4. Department lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 9, 2017
Not a good place to work. mandatory overtime of twelve hour shifts six and seven days a week. You will never get anything you need to do your job. But pay is good. Good benefits
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No Lunch, 60 plus hours everyweek
A stopover
Communications (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNMay 7, 2017
A decent enough place to start out, but greener pastures lie ahead. The company was undergoing some growing pains at the time, with all the attendant difficulties that come with such a situation.
Friendly enviornment with awesome people.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Golden, COApril 3, 2017
Learned a lot about the farm and agriculture business. Management was awesome. The culture was un like any other place I've worked for. Hardest part was having to relocate. Enjoyed working with log splitters and hydraulics.
Pros
Awesome social activities
Cons
location
It was a nice place to work
Lead Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tiffany Springs, MOApril 1, 2017
It was a great place to work after new manager took over stuff fell apart I still have good friends who work there they try to get me to come back but I refuse they were good about your pay your overtime your time off they took care of us I just need ed to move on I left became a concrete finisher making good money but the rain slows me down
Pros
Good on everything you ask at work
Cons
New manger really doesnt fit there
Fun place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 20, 2017
Great employees to work with however upper management was not always looking out for the best of the employees. The hours and opportunity for overtime was great.
Pros
great people
Cons
very short notice on mandatory overtime
An atmosphere of distrust and fear
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2017
Start the day at a DMS meeting which none of the information links a maintenance person or tradesmen to production needs, just reduction goals. DMS is structured to motivate production people.
Management is out of touch with its highly trained and skilled maintenance personnel. Highly skilled tradesmen are thought of as non-value added employees. Every day there is change will change is good if not done in an open environment that leads to distrust. Change happens every day for the skilled tradesmen who have to deal with an ever shrinking environment not enough people to get the job done every day not knowing what more they have to do with less. This breeds complacency.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Managements inability to treat highly skilled tradesmen as tradesmen
Seemed Like just a division of the company, not really a part of it.
Western Regional Distribution Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXOctober 28, 2016
Wasn't treated with the respect we deserved. Wishing this company the best in the future because there are some great people working there. Wish them the best and all the rest of the divisions.
Productive and organized
Consulting Intern (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 2, 2016
What I did
• Conducted extensive sourcing analysis of supplier and process flow, resulting in a more streamlined information flow, enhanced management knowledge of supplier base, and a potential 50% cost savings
• Created RFI and packaging instructions to better facilitate execution.
productive and organized
Internship (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, OROctober 2, 2016
What I did

• Created RFI and packaging instructions to better facilitate execution.
Great Company
Team Lead Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 31, 2016
Blount offers so many opportunities for their employees with schooling, training and mentoring. Blount also provides a family friendly environment that keeps moral boosted.