Blount International Employee Reviews in United States

Great Job, Horrible Managment
Manufacturing Specialist Level II (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORSeptember 4, 2015
Was a good job before the finalization of the company buyout occurred, Afterwards overseas outsourcing and poor management resulted in the closure of a company that had been in business for 60+ years, resulting in 200+ layoffs including myself. Good company to work for on a temporary basis, but I would not suggest it for anyone looking for a job they can retire from. Overall job experience was enjoyable and I worked with many good people. Management was a revolving door, just one after the other,
Pros
Great work enviornment, Timely raises and good benefits, Great opportunities for overtime
Cons
No job security, Horrible managment
fast pace work ,friendly work enviornment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 22, 2016
come into work at times starting at 5:00 a.m. or 7:00 a.m. and working eight hours. Management was very nice and helpful when needed.All my coworkers were very nice and established friendships with some.the hardest part of the job was the risk of injury due to the extremely fast rate of speed they expected out of you. Too much rush involved with the job.
Cons
short breaks
blount
Grind Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 3, 2016
17 years production experience in packaging well rounded on working all shifts and getting 40 hours each week. Blount offers 401k and health care plans for employee needs.
Pros
steady work
Cons
found that there are click groups among employees that can be negative
terrible
Picker (Current Employee) –  kcmoJanuary 27, 2016
constant overtime year round, upper management does not know how to do anything right. they enjoy screwing their employees.
ok to work for
Technical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 9, 2015
Ok to work for. Good people working there. Upper management is not connected to the people. good products being manufactured.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Upper management
company has changed drarastically very unhappy
Quality Auditor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  kansas city, moMarch 18, 2014
a typical day at work is going in being there by 7am have a meeting do stretches and then get into our 8 hour day of packaging products and working as fast as possible to push stuff out of the door what I have learned is in some ways to be lead and to push people and motivate people management is way in over their head and have been able so far to treat their people however they feel like treating them ex. cussing at them co workers are friendly for the most part but have poor listening skills the hardest part of the job is to be one of the top performing employess and being constantly nagged at and seeing people who don't work that hard get raises and the people that work hard don't get shown gratitude for how hard they work and the most enjoyable part is the friends I have there that can listen to me venting on break I have never been so unhappy with this company until now
Good place to work for self motivated people.
Chain assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 2, 2015
My experience at Blount introduced me to a lot of good people. The supervisors are very respectful and genuinely take car of everything. I enjoyed working there because I always clearly understood all the expectations, was allowed independently, and had managers that were open to improvement.
Kept me on as a temp for 2 1/2 years
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORMarch 7, 2013
They treat temporary employees like garbage, In my case leading me on for 2 and 1/2 years only to watch people whom I trained be hired on before me. Co-workers however are very nice and benefits and opportunities to move within the company are good if you are in fact a core employee. Management is sometimes lacking and you really have to get on someones back to get an answer or something done even when it is important. The hardest part of the job is you are replaceable at a dime a dozen as a temporary employee
Only if you have no other choice...
Billing Analyst / Warehouse Clerk / 2nd shift lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 18, 2014
Basically, Blount's management team has no idea as to how to treat their employees. Most of the regular employees are gone now through terminations and the workforce is largely temp.

They recently (2012) constructed a large facility in a remote industrial area west of I-29 near the airport, no public transportation.

As they say these days "there is no such thing as job security."
All work and no life
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 21, 2013
I was a part of leadership team. The former management was great the current management is a joke. I dedicated all my time in the company with little thanks and no advancement. They promoted people with less than 6 months to jobs they didn't know and couldn't handle. I worked with a great crew but no management support. The inventory manager is the most evil woman to work for. I think she is bipolar.
Pros
got experience
Cons
gave my personal life up
Blount International is a good company to work for.
Safety Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 7, 2014
Blount International is a growing company with many complex issues. Overall it is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
diverse work culture and good management.
Cons
industrial work environment.
Very fast paced and flexible
CnC and mill Operator Utility II (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MoMay 18, 2015
manage a mill that manufactures the companies products in a timely and qulity fashion maerial handling and also manage time wisely in order to produce quality product
Easy Job Poor Management
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 1, 2014
Put simply a very easy job with great pay and benefits but poor management.
Pros
freebies when hired
Cons
poor management
Loved working at Blount, they closed another division otherwise i would still be there.
Maintenance Machinist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Great benefits, if they wanted me i would be there tomorrow. Bit they have to many maintenance people as it is.
Pros
great benefits.
Cons
layoff
good people fun work place
line lead (Former Employee) –  Golden , ColoradoJune 10, 2013
start the day with stretch exercise.
I learned how to prepare a full shipment
The management team worked well.
good workers
letting people go because it wasn't a good fit.
Knowing that at the end of the day we did what it takes to get the job done.
Pros
health bennifits
Cons
not stable the company moved out of state
Great Compensation/ Benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 6, 2013
Your time will have to revolve around this company, great pay but not the hurt and terrible management skills
Pros
free lunches, good pay
Cons
10 hrs days 6 days a wk, no life after work
Senior Product Line Manager, PowerSharp® Products (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 20, 2013
Blount has a great brand in OREGON and has good market share in the categories they compete in. Management has a clear plan and communicates it well to the employees.
Relaxed enviroment
Forklift Driver/Picker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 12, 2014
My day consist of picking orders to meet customer demands. It is a place where there is team work, which is very important. The hardest part of my job is the heavy lifting. I enjoy my co workers and my supervisors... they are always there to help.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 30, 2013
Very interesting job. I learned how lawn mower blades were made. Learned different jobs and how to program a robot. The people are very nice and got along really good. The hardest part of the job was the heat. No air conditioning. The most enjoyable part was learning different things.
Pros
free giveaways for professional baseball tickets and football to kansas city royals and chiefs!!
Cons
hot job
A decent place to work
Craftsperson 2- Journeyman Tool Room Machinist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 29, 2013
I have my own opinions but will not share on here. Main reason is due to I am employed with this company still for a little while longer
Pros
indoors and air conditioned
Cons
adp clocks

2.9