Blow Molding Operator/Set-Up
Responsible for all aspects of machine operation, changeover activities to achieve and maintain bottle quality. Perform preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, meet safety and quality requirements, and manufacture bottles to customer standards. Duties also include setup and maintaining process equipment, material systems, case erectors and other support equipment.
- Knowledge of mechanical areas on extrusion blow molding machines preferred but will consider candidate with prior mechanical skills in machine operations, performing required maintenance and how to use proper tools for the repair or set up.
- Changeover/Setup downstream and support equipment.
- Perform complete machine set ups of molds, tooling, and trimming nests.
- Monitor machine operations and observe lights and gauges in order to detect malfunctions.
- Trouble-shooting electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to make good solid decisions on their own without constant supervision and follows instructions well.
- Know and understand quality, Take and report measurements and recognize quality defects analyzing problems and making proper adjustments (parison, weight, etc...) to maintain specifications.
- Knowledge of lockout / tag-out procedures.
- Follow correct housekeeping and safety procedures
- Ability to promote a safe work environment keeping it clean and manageable.
- Train incoming operators.
- Must be a team player.
- Ability to Work Independently and Elicit Support and Cooperation of Co-Workers.
- Must have the Willingness and Ability to Work Extended Work Hours. This Includes Evenings and Weekends.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
- 3-5 Years of Service Related Experience preferably with Magic Blow Molding Machines is a plus.
Indeed - 11 months ago
A manufacturer and full-line distributor of containers that meet the special needs of the quality conscious pharmaceutical, food, cosmetic,...