Job Opening: CNC Operators
Blu Homes, a leading clean-tech company, is seeking qualified applicants for full-time CNC Operator positions in its Operations Group. The position is located in our Vallejo, CA factory. Blu engineers, manufactures, and sells high-tech, ecofriendly modular homes that are designed to take advantage of smaller spaces and intelligent design for more responsible ecological and economic footprints.
The CNC Operator has technical skills and is responsible for the complete and independent set-up and operation of computerized numerically controlled machine tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform daily set up, calibration and operation of the CNC Router 3-Axis.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems related to CNC machine parts.
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly maintenance of the CNC Router, vacuum pump
- Keep the area clean and organized.
Specific Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated ability to read and write English of a level required in company shop documents.
- Must demonstrate and be capable of applying mathematical operations using fractions, decimals, trigonometry and geometry as required by machining operations.
- Generally equivalent to journeyman trade school graduate.
- Demonstrate Math and English proficiency through company testing as required.
- Knowledge and expertise in the set-up and operation of computerized numerical control machines, tools and equipment which are similar or comparable to those used by the company and which are necessary to fulfill job requirements.
- Must have demonstrated the capability to set- up and operate the CNC machines required to the level of journeyman.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments such as comparators, indicator, calipers and micrometers.
- May be required to perform other jobs as needed by the company.
- Personable, friendly, and down to earth manner;
- Strong work ethic, analytical approach & intellectual curiosity;
- Collaborative team player; able to work in a startup environment;
- Handles difficult situations in a relaxed and proactive way;
- Self-confidence, tact, and respectfulness in dealing with people.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of experience
- Able to read blueprints and use various measuring tools for inspection of parts
- Experience operating a CNC Router is highly desirable
- CNC Mill experience is a plus.
- Good communications skills and able to work well independently.
- Basic understanding of G-Codes a plus.
Application Process: Please Email applications. Please write “CNC Operator” in the subject line of the email and attach your resume, list of projects and a cover letter (important) detailing your interest in working with Blu and why your experience and skills would make you well suited to the position. Resume and applications may be FAXED to 707-638-0442. To request an application call: 707-563-6452.
Indeed - 19 months ago