Blue Beacon Truck Wash Employee Reviews in United States

good job for younger people.
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 11, 2016
I felt like a family from day one there, management and coworkers were great and we all even went out as a group off clock. If you want a easy job where you can relax don't waste there time. If you work for blue beacon you will be on your feet, wet, hot, cold whatever and working hard. They DO provide more then enough clothing for you to be fine. Trust your management and once your training is over continue to work the way you were shown and you will move up in position before you know it. Nothing but love for this company, fargo n.d. blue beacon was great.
Pros
pay, benifits, family feeling, moving up
Cons
can be very uncomfortable, cold, wet, hot, you name it
i enjoyed my time of employment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2016
everyone is always friendly i did not have co workers i had a family and i enjoyed my time at Blue Beacon
i learned that some customers needed more patience then others and a little smile did go a long way for some drivers who were having a bad day
the most enjoyable part was being able to meet new people and hearing them speak so many languages
Pros
if i ever had a problem someone was always there to help
Cons
not a lot of raises
Enjoyable workplace and friendly management.
Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJune 20, 2016
On a daily basis, washing semi trucks is the main priority. when there is down time fixing and leaking hoses and untangling lines helps keep everything in order for the next truck that came in. My experience there, I've learned so much with using hands on tools to fix the water lines. My co-workers made the job well worth it everyday even on bad days. Management is friendly and very professional when it comes to keeping everyone busy talking with the customer and keeping everything organized in the company. the work itself to me was debilitating and rough since it was a hands on fast pace job, but even so just working with the others can make even the hardest job fun and enjoyable.
Pros
customer satisfaction
Cons
wet, irritated skin, healthcare, wages
Easy job
Bay attendent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 10, 2016
My job was to wash all kinds of semi auto trucks, trailers, tankers, and etc. The faster we move the more money we'll be taking home at the end of the week. This was my first hard labor job it thought me a lot on how its just not about you at work and if you slack off your hurting everybody else at work also. Many co-workers were lazy, that's one of my reasons for quitting, I'm a boxer and mma fighter I work hard at work and outside of work and if my co-workers are being lazy it aggravates me. The hardest part about the job was staying consistent, It would be busy from the time I get to work from the time a leave. I liked most about the job was the every week pay check, I always had money no matter what as long as I worked or the weather wasn't bad.
Pros
every week pay and benifits
Cons
overworking and lack of hours do to weather
I learned about trucking accounts
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2016
i was a Cashier there and was responsible for getting there truck washes approved so they wouldn't have to pay for there truck washes out of there pockets unless they were owner operators.
Pros
Learned alot about Truck accounts
Cons
Wasnt getting enough hours
Fast pace and very competitive
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Tifton, GAJune 18, 2016
Hardest part of the job is working conditions in the winter its very cold and in the summer its very hot.Working with customers and management can also be challenging at times. I like the fact that they are very flexible with days you need off.
productive, a fast paste always consistent
supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barstow, CADecember 3, 2015
A typical day at work would consist my crew and I to wash over 20 semi trucks a day. I learned a lot about these monster trucks but above all I learn most about myself. My limits which I thought were low but I come to find out I can achieve a lot more than one thought. I got promoted three times within a year and a half. The only down fall about working at the jobsite I would have to say is failing my crew.
Pros
i lost over 80lbs working there
Cons
waking up too early.
Very fast paced work enviornment
Bay Attendant (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILMay 5, 2016
I love working at the blue beacon the employees are fun/funny it is a very good workout all day and the manager/supervisor is extremely awsome
Pros
Well managed feels like family
Cons
I dont have any cons
Productive workplace with great leaders.
bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARNovember 28, 2015
On a typical day at work I come in and go to the office where my general manager is making sure every one is on top of things. I start doing the books to send to home office then I count the safe to make sure that we don't have any overages that need to be sent to the bank. After all of that has been done I then go to the bank to make the daily deposit, as soon as I come back from the bank I run any aarons needed to be ran or if they're is any sorting out of papers or office work I do that as well. After all office work is done and i've helped any cashier with any question they have about running the drawers I can go home.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Healthcare
Fun work atmosphere
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 27, 2016
I learned how to properly wash a truck. A typical day was to try and get the trucks in and washed as fast as possible. They taught me how to call in before coming into work if it was raining because this job did not get a lot of business on a rainy day.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
being wet all day
Good Temporary Job
Employee (Former Employee) –  Rochelle, ILMay 28, 2016
Fun atmosphere , constantly seeing new faces, learned enough to keep moving forward,
Fast turn over rate for employees
Never set hours
weather permitted
Pros
customers
Cons
weather permitted
Fast paced work environment with advancement opportunity.
Bay Leader (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYNovember 9, 2015
I was hired back in 2014 has a bay attendant with a starting wage of 9.25/hr. I was making over 11/hr. by the time i left. Fast paced work environment with opportunities to bonus, however this a weather dependent job. Be prepared for slow days when it rains or snows. Great place to work depending on the location.
Pros
Fast paced work environment, opportunities for advancement, competitive wages
Cons
Cut hours due to bad weather, Long periods of time on your feet
fairly good job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tifton, GAMay 25, 2016
work days where great bc the more vehicles we were able to complete the more were go paid. that being incentive enough to come in and work the best we could.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
smelling chemicals
Great workplace for people, co-workers very friendly
Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pontoon Beach, ILJanuary 20, 2016
I loved going to work because co-workers were very friendly and work was always a good time. Management was always on top of stuff they had to do and I received great paychecks.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Didn't have a social life
Rough place to work
Trailer wash (Former Employee) –  Glendale, KYMay 18, 2016
Vacation days are not good at all. Breaks aren't very good. The people are friendly. Benefits aren't that great and the clothing selections comes out of your own pay check.
okay place to work at
Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJMay 31, 2016
The beacon was a nice little place to work at during the summer going into my freshman year of college, it was rough at first but once i got the hang of it it was easy.
Very fun and enjoyable workplace.
Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Station, INOctober 25, 2015
I learned how to deal with others and their attitudes. Every day somebody was in a bad mood but always had a great time there. Working there I met a bunch of great men who taught me so much while I was there, being the youngest everyone felt the need to watch over me and help me where I would mess up. Dealing with rude customers was the most difficult thing to do, it made everyone there angry because customers would always bring us down, put us in bad moods. Working with a bunch of friends was the best thing about working at the beacon.
Hard labor
Foreman/Asst (Former Employee) –  Gallup, NMNovember 2, 2015
I meet a lot of truck drivers living throughout the USA whom I provided a good customer relationship with. I operated the cash register and verified approval for check payments. I performed maintaining the building in side and out to make certain it is clean and the mixture of the chemicals are correct.
Pros
A lot of down time in between trucks during the winter time.
Cons
Your clothes gets wet alot.
Very inconsiderate managers and not a very fun workplace
Bay Attendant (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, NYOctober 22, 2015
It was a very glum workplace with very unsatisfying managers. It was physically demanding work which i enjoyed, and it was also very simple minded work which i didn't much because i enjoy my brain being challenged and doing different things. I did enjoy however working with my fellow employees cause most of them were a delight to work with.
Pros
Decent paycheck, Good employees
Cons
Managers were useless. Non reliant hours.
Bay Leader (Current Employee) –  Beaumont,TxOctober 20, 2015
Its a fast pace enviorment fun, yiu really have to be energetic and have good way of talking to customers day in and out , in the day relies on excellent team work the crew I worked with was outstanding we always got the job done and had fun doing it the hardest part of the job is picking up slack when managers were short in staff but I learned how to be consistent day in and out working in quick pace enviorment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a