Blue Beacon

Blue Beacon United States Employee Reviews

A decent place to work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), okc okFebruary 26, 2015
You don't make very much a hour...hours depend on the weather so you are not guaranteed 40 hours. You have to deal with rude truckers on regular basis
Does not pay what they should.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 25, 2015
Blue Beacon only looks out for its self, most employees are treated as though they are easily replaced. Does not pay very much hourly although its a very demanding physical job
the company
Truck washer, crew leader (Former Employee), Stony Ridge, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: excellent place to work
Cons: pay was not very good
this company was the best company i was ever employed with great people and great company goals the ceo of this company knows exactly what he is doing the people are great
good place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: stayed wet/dirty
It was a fun working environment. I had a blast learning and cultivating my skills. The company is a good organization that enables their employees advancement.
day off called in and had to deal with a racist costumer
Bay Attendant (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: 3 10 minute breaks and 1 30 minute luch break
Cons: health care and benefits sucked
A typical Day at work On my day off i got called in unexpectedly but i still went in an preformed my usual work i was doing over night stock i had a costumer who kept walking up and down my ale as if she was lost or was looking for something basically needed help she turn out to be a racist senior citizen she i smiled and spoke to her first she turned her head but needed up coming back threw my ale remind you i worked an over night shift so its not to many employees on the floor i would have to say the hardest part of the job that night was i had to deal w a rude costumer she hurt my feeling and took my kindness for my weakness by being mean to me and all i was doing was my job i forced her to let me help her i told my manager he gave me a 50 cent raise because he knew that i was a on time great worker i got thumbs up smiled upon for that its called leadership and being the bigger person because costumers are always right i helped her out with her problem even though she made fun of me i humbled myself there a time and place for everything that just let me know that i am capable of anything since that day dealing with that insolent
Receptionist/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Bordentown, NJOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good money, easy job, free food, great friends, fun
Cons: harassment from drivers, cleaning after the boys
I was a Receptionist here and i loved my customers, well the ones who were nice of course. Only thing i hated was i was always being harassed by these truck drivers just because im pretty and when i would ignore them or try to get them to leave my manager would yell at me for making them unhappy. All i wanted was respect from them and if i were to let them talk to me like they would then they would do it every time they came in. Eventually we got a new GM and he was wonderful he didn't tolerate harassment from the drivers and made my job much easier.
Very busy and Productive Place
Supervisor/Bay Leader (Current Employee), Bordentown, NJOctober 20, 2014
Pros: tips, bonuses, flexible
Cons: stressful, work holidays
A Typical day at work would be coming in on time having a team meeting everyday before we go out to the bays to wash trucks. We address any issues that need to fix and also encourage the team to do a good job. Wash Tractor and Trailer Trucks and make customers happy at all times. Sometime customers would not be happy with their wash service and would speak to me and we arrange a rewash. Truck driver always speaks to Supervisor first for what exactly he wants done and any other issues.
During HIgh School
Bay Leader (Former Employee), Effingham, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: the pay and the schedule
Cons: weather conditions could limit worlk
I worked there during high school so they were very flexible with my schedule. They also paid well for still being under the age of 18.
Work History
supervisor and being in charge of equipment (Former Employee), phoenix, azSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: staying in shape
Cons: not enough pay
It'll start from 5 minute meeting everyday, discussing on the job description of the day or what we should be focus on. Learning from different people and ethnicitys, also on how working together as a team and finishing every truck as a team. management team were great treated us as workers great complementing and how we should make things better at our job. The hardest part of the job is costumer care becasue their would b complants but i would be there to handle the situation in a good calmly matter. The most enjoyable part of the day would be seeing the drivers, driving away happy.
Very friendly and fun workplace
Bay Leader (Former Employee), North Baltimore, OHSeptember 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be that I would log into the computer and get everything set up for the day that would be needed to complete the job. What I have learned from this job is how to be a leader and have a responsible, fun, and safe time in this work environment. I was part of the management team and we all worked together to assure happiness with our team members. The hardest part of the job would have been knowing exactly the amount of chemicals that would be needed to complete the job for my shift.
it was a fun place to work
truck washer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 21, 2014
the job was kind of hard for because my hand started hurting from the pressure hoses
terrible
Bay leader (Former Employee), New Paris, OHJuly 29, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short or no breaks, terrible healthcare that pays 20%, managers were garbage and the work was 8 hours of non stop physical work
Terrible workplace environment, hazing, disrespect from supervisors and managers, no breaks or very short, hours are NEVER dependable (might work 10 or might have 60) favoritism is very prominent. I wasted 3 1/2 years with promises from 2 different managers for promotions but never got one. If you want a dead end, go no where job with mediocre money, Blue "streakin" Beacon is just for you.
Productive and friendly environment
Supervisor (Former Employee), Minot, NDJuly 16, 2014
Pros: great wages
Cons: night shift
A typical day at blue beacon, started with me checking equipment, filling chemicals used to clean and wash the trucks. I would count the draw with the supervisor of the shift before mine(I worked the overnight shift), meet with my crew for a quick briefing, and we would then relieve the other crew and take their spots washing semi trucks and trailers. I learned how to work efficiently and to be assertive with my commands to a crew, who works systematically and waits for orders. My management and co-works were very hard working people who worked very well with others and took interest in each others life's. The hardest part of the job for me was the shift hours(pm over night). The most enjoyable would be the atmosphere that was offered by the company.
wonderful place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee), Haw River, NCApril 30, 2014
Blue Beacon was a very professional place to work. Everybody was friendly and the customer service was priority.
Dull boring place
Bay Attendant (Former Employee), Tifton, GAApril 1, 2014
Pros: awesome benefits
Cons: terrible working conditions
A typical day at Blue Beacon is a 8hr shift of nothing but washing truck and trailers. Either in freezing temps or extremely hot conditions where health warnings should be in place for bottom dollar you work all week leaving everything you have at work only to come to payday to see you barely made enough to pay your bills and buy yourself a pack of chips n a soda for dinner. I just want to have my talents and education accepted by an employer who cares about their employees also a place for advancements and a way to advance my skills and talents
very fast paced environment, very high expectations
TRUCK WASHER (Former Employee), Eloy, AZMarch 31, 2014
Pros: weeekly pay, bonuses
Cons: short breaks, very fast pace, tireing
we would have long lines of trucks all the way out to the street. Had to make sure we washed correctly and in a timely manner. Also dried and applied wax, rain-x etc...
Fast pace job, made the day go fast
Supervisor (Former Employee), Eloy, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: i learned to use better customer care procedures.
Cons: the company's benefits where not that great.
physical labor in this job, even though i was a supervisor i basically did the work to show my workers that teamwork has its rewards.
great people to work with.
Bay Leader (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: good people to work with
I lead a team of six to wash truck. We was about a 100 trucks on a good day to 15 trucks on a bad day. When there are no trucks we clean fix the holes and prepare for our next wash. constantly prepping.
Boring workplace
Laborer (Former Employee), Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 4, 2014
A typical workday consisted of washing over 100 semis back to back
Wash Trucks and Trailers
Crew Member (Current Employee), Shreveport, LADecember 11, 2013
A typical day at work is like any other truck washing job. detail vehicle

1 2 3