Blue Bell Creameries Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKFebruary 20, 2016
My bosses are great people that care about their employees like family. I may not agree with every decision that gets made, but I have no doubts that they are trying to do what they think is right. The pay could be better starting out and I wish there was a shift differential for the harder shifts, but the raises are good and the benefits are great. My two main issues are that it is not an easy place to advance and the culture in my department is not ideal. Regarding advancement, management positions pay pretty well and are genuinely good jobs, so those individuals typically stay until retirement leaving little room for advancement. Regarding culture, I wish they would implement a better system for garnering employee feedback. In my experience, managers do truly care about your opinion, even if they do not or can not act on it, however not everyone is comfortable going into a managers office and saying how they think things should be different. More could be done to address the bad attitudes and negativity. My advice for someone who is going to work here is, get comfortable with speaking to your manager and do not listen to the negativity you may here from others who aren't brave enough to. They will care what you have to say.
Pros
Great benefits, good raises, good managers
Cons
Low starting pay, no shift differential
I enjoyed this job
Route Driver Salesman (Former Employee) –  Apache Junction, AZNovember 27, 2015
When you are a driver you will be putting in some long hours. the pay and health benefits are decent. free ice cream though
Pros
pay, free ice cream
Cons
hours, not much room for advancement.
Challenging, rewarding, and interesting job
Route Sales, Route Supervisor, Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi TX, Borger TX, Amarillo TXMay 6, 2016
Blue Bell is a great company to work for! A typical workday consists of getting up early in the morning, inspecting a D.O.T. vehicle, driving to your daily accounts and servicing them, making sure they have plenty until you can get back to service them again. One of the perks of the job is "Eating all we can and selling the rest". The company holds true to their slogan. The company and the people who work there are the best! Bar None! It is very hard work and not for everyone. The benefits are great and the company knows how to take care of their people!
Pros
Great Company to work for!
Cons
I can't think of any Cons to list
Productive and fun work enviornment
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 10, 2016
Ever changing days with many opportunities with face to face communication. Great networking opportunities along with great team members.
Pros
Company vehicle
Cons
Chances for promotions without having to relocate
Blue Bell
Driver salesman (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TexasMay 24, 2015
My typical day at work required a start of 5 am and consisted of stocking all of my accounts in my required area for that day. Days required me to make sure I had the right account promotions set up and displayed properly as well as the work areas neat and clean. I have learned with this job how to manage time well. Also I learned how to attain certain spaces that were needed to increase sales. The managment on a typical day were usually out helping in the area or dealing with other promotional aspects of the business. The most difficult part of the job was working early mornings and long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and how satified they were with the customer service I provided as well as the delicious product.
Pros
Benefits, co workers, good pay
Cons
Early morning, long hours
Nice Family Company
Warehouse Distribution (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXOctober 19, 2015
Good family company. Great benefits. Recent events however have me question job security and the longevity of the 'family atmosphere'.
Pros
Free insurance
Cons
Recent events have me question job security
Good Company to work for
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCNovember 6, 2015
Good company to work for. Advanced quickly up the chain of command due to the company's continuous growth, hardwork and determination.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Great Place to work if you want part time
shipping receiving (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 9, 2015
Days can be short or long depending on drivers, but the co workers were really great and worked together. the warehouse manager is one of the best I have worked for, however there is a strong disconnect from the office portion and upper management who constantly try to make changes that ( though well intentioned) impede our work with no opportunity for feedback from those it directly affects.
Pros
They treat you like a person
Cons
Few hours, and low pay
great job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  old vail rd tucson az 85747May 20, 2016
the job at blue bell was great good team work great people that ran the place good hrs great instruction on how to build a load for transport
Pros
all the icecream you could eat while on the clock
Cons
25 below zero
Fun experience
Blend Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXMay 25, 2016
Quality company willing to train personnel great work culture always have room for advancement. Willing to send personnel to school to improve job knowledge. experiance
job
Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 6, 2016
horrible management, not an easy place to work at due to racism on the job. the job was easy but the work environment was horrible
Excellent job/Great Comraderie
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCMay 23, 2015
-A typical day was enjoyable because I got to speak to my accounts and kept up good repore.
-I learned good Sales Tactics and aquired good Management Skills
-I was allowed to Manage my area to my ability and was not pressured into awkward situations,I was allowed to run my Territory.
-My Co Workers made my Career enjoyable and all the co workers were part of the team and understood what we were trying to accomplish as a Team
-The hardest part of my job ? Nothing
-I enjoyed my job immensely, it was my Dream job
Pros
Free Health Care
Cons
Nothing Really
Ice Cream merchandiser
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brenham, TXApril 14, 2013
Fill out route schedule start time mileage start, drive to assigned route, make sure that the products is set to schematic, check for damage, remove foreign products from section, count product needed pull and fill from backroom, rotate product, build displays. Talk to store personnel for any issues that may come and take care of problems before they become issues.
Regardless of product or package, beside the work, the person the customer sees is the face of the company, honest, hardworking, dependable, easy to work with.
Management, great people, listen, A positive working culture.
Usually work alone but working with other makes the day go faster.
No real hard part of the job, it only gets difficult when one doesn't listen or isn't taking care of business.
Pros
great company, fair, great managers, fair compensation
Cons
wish they were in more states.
The people were very deverse and worked well together
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLOctober 30, 2015
This is a company that I wish that I had started my work life with,
they expected a lot and they gave a lot. I am old school they all worked hard and played hard I give them great credit for working hard and doing the right thing also they made a very good product.
Pros
they were always good to the help
Cons
very hard to come up with a con ireally can't
Great workplace
Assistant Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Nlr, ARFebruary 2, 2016
Unloaded trailer as soon as I came to work. If there was enough people they'd unload while I put product up off of the trailer. I learned how to drive a stand up forklift here. Everyone was great here. Hardest part of job was learning how to throw sleeves of ice cream from the back of the truck to the front.
Pros
Received a christmas bonus every year.
Cons
Working in cold weather.
A great company to work, You get to eat all "the best tasting ice cream in the country". FREE!
Sales/Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 7, 2015
Besides being a representative for a great product line, having the opportunity to interact daily with our diverse client base makes each and every day a challenge. As a manager, I am fortunate to have direct access to all employees within the supply chain, this is pivotal in allowing issues to be resolved effectively and timely. All levels of employees within our facility, from hourly employees to management, shipping, operations and office personnel work as a team to ensure the end goal is being met. Working with this group of people for the past 25 years is what makes my job enjoyable. No matter what your title, if there was a job or task that needs completing, someone steps in to ensure it's handled. The "we can do it together" attitude is what keeps us motivated.
It is a pleasure to work for Blue Bell, my job and the people I work with make it enjoyable.
Pros
Working with great people who know their job and go out and do it!
Productive workplace with
Driver salesman (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 22, 2015
Great place to work if you enjoy being out on your own everyday and have the ability to make decisions without direct supervision. You're always on the go and get to see different faces everyday. The hardest part of the job would be the hours, and working holidays, that is just part of the retail industry though. Management in my area is not the best. Decisions are made more off friendships than what is right. That trickles down to advancement as well and has an impact on that. Overall it's a great company to work for as they do take care of employees.
A really different experience
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 4, 2015
My day started early around 3am and ended around 4pm
it was never the same routine day because there was always something going on i really appreciated and the staff and my coworkers greatly. I loved working here.
Pros
all you can eat ice cream
Cons
long hours in different conditions
Very rewarding and satisfying job.
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 22, 2015
Route Driver - Began working as a route delivery driver. Long hours competitive pay. Not much time for family as you wake up at 3 am and sometimes do not finish until 4 or 5 pm in the afternoon. Exhausted and ready for bed by the time you get home. Split days off which is needed since doing that 5 days in a row could be taxing on the body and mind. However working Saturdays puts a damper on family life.

Tough position for a family person.

- Supervisor - Was promoted to Supervisor and I thought being a driver was taxing on the body and family. Supervisors do everything a driver does and then some. Benefit is an occasional odd job to mix up your routine and also getting paid hourly is nice. Even longer hours than a driver so no breaks in family life here. Split days as well.

Tough position for a family person.

- Territory Manager - Was promoted to Territory Manager which was a lifestyle change for sure. Traded in my steel toes for dress shoes and my company shirt and hat for slacks and a tie. Monday - Friday schedule for the most part except when they ran big ads and had to merchandise for free on weekends (Salaried position). It was worth it though. Much less stress better hours and flexiblilty and even got to travel every year to the corporate office for an annual sales meeting.
They even let you take home a company car which is very nice.
Not much of a pay increase but with the perks you get you come out on top.

Great position for family person.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits, good management. Clean trucks and a good atmosphere.
Cons
Very long hours, very physical and split days off are tough for a family.
Productive, friendly environment
Shut Down Operator (Current Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALMarch 15, 2016
Finishing the week productive, safe days and looking forward to the next work week. And tasting all the varieties of ice-cream flavors.

4.2