Blue Bell Creameries Employee Reviews

Production
Production Line Worker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sylacauga, ALJuly 5, 2017
Early mornings but I did like getting off early so I could pick my kids up. Did not like having to stay in one area all day but that's production line work. Benefits were good but the pay was not.
relaxed, family atmosphere
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJune 28, 2017
I left before the recalls but it was a good place to work and allowed great work/life balance. some departments operate better than others. very relaxed atmosphere
cool work place
Associate (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OK 74012June 14, 2017
the job is tough but the people are great! they were all so helpful and kind to me. they work very hard to so you got to keep up. the revovlver never stops.
driver salesman
Driver Salesman (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 21, 2017
early morning days, regular routine route sales, order making and taking, customer service driven, hourly pay base pay and commission pay also, out of town routes
Pros
good company
Cons
out of town routes
Blue bell
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Hope Hull, ALApril 30, 2017
Work here thought out my high school days loading and unloading truck stocking in a freezer work and pulling pallet wrapping up boxes pretty good job for high school kid
Great Culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 5, 2017
This company went through a tough time and was forced to shut down the branch I worked at. Prior to this, there were no previous layoffs. Due to the previous recall, there is no longer the guarantee of job security that there was before. Really great culture though, and if you have interest in DND industry this is a great company to work for.
Pros
Fun atmosphere, can work remotely throughout territory
Cons
Stigma of previous recall
Good company great pay with bonus check
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 23, 2017
Very good job you work in cooler free ice cream great ice cream great opportunities to move up great company with good management and everyone gets and bonus check
Pros
Free cream
Cons
Very cold
its ok
Route Salesman (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMarch 22, 2017
a typical day usually starts very early in the morning. What I have learned is how to use manage my time wisely. The hardest part of the job was the travel but the enjoyable part was the people I came in contact with in my travels.
Bad work place
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 20, 2017
Don't work here if you got a family or bills cause blue bell not going to give you the hours you need to feed your family or pay your bills work hard low pay
Pros
No pros
Cons
Work hard low pay
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXMarch 12, 2017
A typical day at work I would break out all machines and work on forklift loading product in cold storage. I learned to operate different machines and use the forklift. My supervisors were friendly and easy to work with. Our workplace was safety oriented and clean. The hardest part of the job was palletizing the pallets by hand. I enjoyed working in the cold storage.
benefits
Cons
na
Driver/Salesman (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXFebruary 9, 2017
Its a Job long hours for what one is payed, very physical,been employed for 20+ years, no cost of living raises, to many chiefs not enough Indians, very little chance of advancement.
Benefits
Cons
long hours, no home life
Great company
Bilingual Driver-Salesman (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2017
This was a great company to work for both professionally and personally.

I left for the opportunity of a lateral move.

I would have continued with this company had I continued living in the geographic area.
Great place with tons of activities
Painter Helper (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKDecember 13, 2016
Blue Bell is a fantastic place for someone who is looking to move up and up in a company, the opportunities that are given to you come in almost everyday. managment is Great and the company all around couldnt be better.
really good job, you get to eat as much ice cream off the line that you want.
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXNovember 23, 2016
a typical day at work would be cleaning and releasing people, i learned how the ice went in the cartons which was pretty cool the hardest part of that job was really nothing .
Fantastic Company
Territory Manager/Sales (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 6, 2016
Blue Bell is a great company.
Blue Bell goes above and beyond to take care of their employees.
Blue Bell expects a lot from their employees and is very successful.
Very interesting and loving place to work and learn.
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXAugust 26, 2016
If your hired on to work there just know your place. Be willing to learn different things. And it all depends on the position your applying for if you love the cold are the heat can be a challenge. It's a very nice place to work and great team to be on. Over look the problems Blue Bell had in the pass because I believe they will bounce back.
job
Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 6, 2016
horrible management, not an easy place to work at due to racism on the job. the job was easy but the work environment was horrible
Fun experience
Blend Room Operator (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXMay 25, 2016
Quality company willing to train personnel great work culture always have room for advancement. Willing to send personnel to school to improve job knowledge. experiance
great job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  old vail rd tucson az 85747May 20, 2016
the job at blue bell was great good team work great people that ran the place good hrs great instruction on how to build a load for transport
Pros
all the icecream you could eat while on the clock
Cons
25 below zero
Challenging, rewarding, and interesting job
Route Sales, Route Supervisor, Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi TX, Borger TX, Amarillo TXMay 6, 2016
Blue Bell is a great company to work for! A typical workday consists of getting up early in the morning, inspecting a D.O.T. vehicle, driving to your daily accounts and servicing them, making sure they have plenty until you can get back to service them again. One of the perks of the job is "Eating all we can and selling the rest". The company holds true to their slogan. The company and the people who work there are the best! Bar None! It is very hard work and not for everyone. The benefits are great and the company knows how to take care of their people!
Pros
Great Company to work for!
Cons
I can't think of any Cons to list