BLUE BELL CREAMERIES

BLUE BELL CREAMERIES Employer Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Blue Bell Creameries (Former Employee), Brenham, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: good friends
Cons: assembly awareness
christmas bonus after the job is threw for the day we shut the machines off and sample different flavors made that day
fun place to work at
Warehouse worker (Current Employee), El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2014
Pros: lunch hours
Cons: nothing
its a good experience to work there and they r good people who work. they teach u how to do things.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee), Brenham, TXOctober 12, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule with schooling
Cons: low pay salary
people who work here are very caring and helpful, always looking out for your best interest. Very relaxed and gives the family feeling. It can be slow at times, but that's any job
Eat what you can and sell the rest.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Ruston, LAAugust 18, 2014
Pros: great tasting ice cream
Cons: poor pay and benefits
As a territory manager I would drive around 250 miles a day. It was a great place to learn salesmanship and meet with store owners/managers. I had great co-workers and subordinates. The hardest part of the job was knowing the pay of a territory manager was not as much as a driver. The best part of the job was the taste tests, working with store managers, – more... and running sales. – less
Strong job security, decent pay, very good benefits
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), Tampa, FlAugust 8, 2014
Everyday is different and you are constantly learning. Long days, early mornings, but good pay and benefits
Very organized with a diverse environment
Administrative/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Henrico, VAJune 24, 2014
Flexible workdays; Sometimes laid back, often times busy.
Management is very efficient and organized.
Personable colleagues.
Very happy with the consistency of the job itself.
You are one of the family
Vendor (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 23, 2014
Pros: free ice cream
Cons: free ice cream
Blue Bell has a traditional corporate structure where hard work is rewarded and each employee shares in the collective success of each fiscal year.

Happy employees=happy products.
Poor Management
Branch Merchandiser (Former Employee), thomasville, gaJune 17, 2014
Pros: don't have to clock out to eat lunch. pay is not great, but okay for what i was doing, which was merchandising ice cream.
Cons: branch manager is unfair / unreasonable and just hard to get along with.
Lots of travel in company car. The car had over 100,000 miles on it and a couple of times I had some problems with it. The job required travel to grocery stores to stock ice cream when it was on sale. And defrosting coolers in convenient stores, which no one wanted to do including me. It's hard work and extremely rough on the back.
Good environment
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 27, 2014
Pros: plenty of breaks, good environment, free ice cream, weekends off
Cons: low pay, hard to get 40 hours a week
* A typical day at work consists of organizing cardboard sleeves on pallets in the morning, loading trucks in the afternoon, and cleaning the warehouse after the trucks have been loaded.

* It takes everyone to play their role to make our operations run efficiently, and that your attitude affects your performance and the attitude/performance of others.

* – more... Management has to be able to handle pressure well, motivate workers, and perform various tasks simultaneously. Our management was very good.

* The hardest part of the job is handling the physical demand of the work required. Other than that, the job is really easy.

* The most enjoyable part of the job is the laid-back environment and cohesion of the employees. – less
Great pay and benefits
Driver salesman (Current Employee), Sanford, FLMarch 23, 2014
Pros:
Good equipment
Well-established routes
Good pay

Cons:
Long hours, starting early in the a.m.
Management tends to be reactionary, not willing to cut routes when workload becomes too heavy.
best job ever!!!!
Material Handler/Operator (Former Employee), Sylacauga, ALMarch 4, 2014
Pros: every day @blue bell is great!!!!
Cons: none on my watch!!!!!!!
great team member,mangment great!!!!love working there all the ice cream you can eat worry free love my job
good place to work
cone line operator (Former Employee), Brenham, TXSeptember 13, 2013
the company has a very good production department. also there are other jobs to obtain in the company as well.
Overall Okay
Shipping Clerk, Full-Time (Current Employee), Jonesboro, GAAugust 26, 2013
Company is good overall just minor issues here and there. Could use some management changes.
I worked there years ago, and have never found a better company to work for
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Alvin, TXAugust 12, 2013
As an employee when my little brother passed they were there for his widow and family, putting on a barbeque benefit for him, and since it was the only job he had ever had, they lined up several brand new blue bell trucks in front of Hurst at funeral.
Great job and Career move
Shipping/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Sanford, FLAugust 4, 2013
Blue Bell is a great place to work and a career can be made of it. I don't have anything bad to say about the company. They take care of their employees. I only left the job because I needed more money at the time and I had a few family issues but if I could do it again I would.
Plenty to eat, good smells
Route Salesman (Former Employee), Ruston, LAMay 16, 2013
Start at 3am
fun job
long routes
challenging job
Lots of early days
Packenger (Former Employee), Broken Arrow, OKMay 10, 2013
Pros: good money
Cons: not getting to talk a lot
- I worked the morning shirt 330-1230 and i packed ice cream all day walked around and watched the machines.
- i learned to be respectful to others and about safety and how to pack ice cream.
- great management
-nice co-workers
- the hardest part of the job was not to run out of cups and lids.
- the most enjoyable part of the job was lunch.
Ice Cream merchandiser
Merchandiser/Customer Service (Current Employee), Brenham, TXApril 14, 2013
Pros: great company, fair, great managers, fair compensation
Cons: wish they were in more states.
Fill out route schedule start time mileage start, drive to assigned route, make sure that the products is set to schematic, check for damage, remove foreign products from section, count product needed pull and fill from backroom, rotate product, build displays. Talk to store personnel for any issues that may come and take care of problems before they – more... become issues.
Regardless of product or package, beside the work, the person the customer sees is the face of the company, honest, hardworking, dependable, easy to work with.
Management, great people, listen, A positive working culture.
Usually work alone but working with other makes the day go faster.
No real hard part of the job, it only gets difficult when one doesn't listen or isn't taking care of business. – less
ok place to work
Territory Manager (Former Employee), wacoFebruary 24, 2013
Pros: eat all you can
Cons: if you arent from brenham, you arent going to be promoted as fast
they are way to worried about increasing Ice Cream sales. People buy it anyway
Try and make work fun, and enjoyable.
Route Supervisor (Former Employee), Sylacauga AlabamaFebruary 13, 2013
Cons: insurance
An ordinary day. Wake up at 2:30am, be at work at 4:00am. I like to be the first guy there being a supervisor, I feel its necessary to get in and make sure all my guys have exactly what they need. I am on call at all times to run routes out of Sylacauga or Birmingham. If everyone is at work then I can get out in the field and talk to customers, try – more... to gain customers, also evaluate the drivers and customers. I have to keep a very close eye on inventory control. So, a random inventory is done once a week. By me. I have a great group of guys. They are generally easy to manage. I will sometimes ride along with them, just help them out a little. I have learned so much over the last 13 years of being in sales and warehouse (loading/unloading). The importance of being dependable, the importance of customer service and satisfaction. Upper management has always been very thorough and goal oriented. Again, great group of guys there too. The hardest part of the job to me was getting the 4:00am call to drive an hour to Birmingham and run an area that I am unfamiliar with. When the route is suppose to start at 4:00am. I'm based in Sylacauga, live in Talladega. What I enjoyed the most was dealing with customers and getting our brand out there. I have always liked my job. I have recently given myself to The Lord and I have two wonderful children. Married. I would love to become part of your companies team, I believe I could be a great addition. – less