Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Great job of you love animals!
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
I love this job! Only downside is it is primarily weekend based, so if you don't mind working every weekend then this is the job for you, also it is part time only if you are a hired as a pet detective, so just keep that in mind. It's a job for some extra cash!
Cool culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 26, 2017
It bleeds a typical creative office environment, being able to bring pets in, speak your mind, etc. However that is about the only positive. People often work themselves to death or out of the job (literally). The pay and benefits is very nice but I would consider the pay just a compensation for the extreme commute or cost of local living. People often get senior titles just because they have to for their pay grade.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Extreme commutes, work to death type of environment.
Great producive environment
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 1, 2017
I show up to local pet stores such as Petco, PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus and set up my aisle accordingly and talk to customers. At the end of the day I tally up the total of new customers and bags that were sold.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Easy and laid back job, fun and tons of benefits
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 30, 2017
Only down fall is working weekends. Great company with good ethics so it's a very easy company to represent. They treat their employees well and have effective training.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Weekends only
Herd Mentality
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
Job is fun, keeps you on your toes, and moves quickly. Retail is a changing environment and is very reactionary. Love the brand and the herd mentality that Blue keeps cultivated throughout the organization. There is a lack of movement within the ground floor account management. Be prepared to work the same position for years to come.
It was a fun job getting to interact with new people and talk about their pets
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 15, 2017
I only worked on Saturdays and when I had a full time job and with a foot injury it was hard to work the other job Mon through Friday and then standing 8 hours on Saturday. I really enjoyed the job but needed a break.
Great Job but Overbearing Management
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2017
The job itself is easy, but with management always over your shoulder, it feels like they do not trust the employees. They even will make surprise appearances to your stores.
Representative
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
I did not work at Blue Buffalo for very long as it was a summer job. I had little interactions with other employees besides my first meeting with my regional manager. My work day would begin with me coming in at the start of my shift to my designated pet store for the day. I would restock and organize the shelves of the Blue Buffalo food I was representing. I would then walk around interacting with customers for the remainder of my shift.
Mismanaged with zero job security
Veterinary Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 30, 2017
Pretty much copy and pasting a previous review but nailed it: Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary division and bit off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is supposably great but doesn't extend to the vet division. Family owned but many see as just a marketing company with deep pockets trying to infiltrate another vertical within the food umbrella. Stay away
Pros
Free samples for your own pets
Cons
No future
Veterinary Division
Veterinary Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  WAMarch 27, 2017
Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary devision and bite off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is great but doesn't extend to the vet division.
Blue Buffalo
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
Worked four hour shifts fri-sun, it was decent, you walk around petsmart or petco for that time selling the product that blue buffalo makes. The female regional manager for San Diego is a bit of a pain, and she makes surprise visits to make sure you're working, since it is an independent position. The people in general at the petsmarts and petcos are amazing and usually let you do your own thing and enjoy having you around.
Fast paced, growing company
DC Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, OHMarch 19, 2017
Very good culture and growing at a rapid pace. This can be exciting and somewhat stressful at the same time. Really good people throughout the organization.
Pros
Overall work environment and culture
Cons
Work-Life balance can suffer at times
Company Review
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Wilton, CTFebruary 22, 2017
Nice culture but lack of advancement and stimulation for employees to grow. Work pace is very fast with not a lot of times to reflect on past experiences.
Good Weekend Job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Good part time job on the weekends, but no chance for full time. If you like talking about your pets all day this is the perfect job. After the first 100 times it gets kind of boring though, would have enjoyed it more if I was given more tasks.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Not enough Hours
Part time, low key fun job
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYJanuary 6, 2017
Fun job working part time meeting tons of people and pets.
decent pay. working out of local pet stores and with great teams in store and within Blue Buffalo.
Pros
Part Time
Cons
Weekends Only
Exciting to meet new people and thier pets.
Pet Detective, Lead (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2016
Advancement potential is nonexistent. I got turned down eight times to become a Regional Manager, willing to relocate, But that was their excuse, I didn't know what area I was moving to.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
When there were no customers in the store we were not allowed to do anything but walk around, including no stockiong allowed.
This was a rather fun job oversall.
Demo / Pet Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 9, 2016
I really liked working for Blue Buffalo, but the job was ONLY weekends and I really needed something I could do during the week. When I asked for more weekday work, I was told nothing was available.

I REALLY like the manager of our group. She was helpful in so many ways when I had questions. She role played with me so I could better my interviews with pet parents.

I learned quite a lot about dogs, especially, and cats that, even as a pet owner, I was not aware of.

The hardest part of this job was weekend work only.

The most enjoyable part was meeting pet owners who came into the stores and learning about their relationship with their pet(s). LOVED meeting people!
Pros
Getting to know people and visiting with them about their pets, the food they fed their pets, so forth
Cons
ONLY Friday, Saturday, Sunday afternoons to early evening. Also they offered a 401K plan for part-time employees.
Fun and rewarding job
Lead Sale Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 16, 2016
I enjoy the position. find it very rewarding. Great for animal lovers. No opportunity for advancement. Immediate Management very supportive and great to work for. Management does a fantastic job.
Unprofessional
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  No whereNovember 6, 2016
I have applied two times for a position and both times had someone reach out via email and scheduled a pre-set appointment only to wait around and have them not call me. If your going to set a phone interview up atleast have the decency to call them or reach out via email if your no longer interested. This just shows what type of company they are and the sad part is my pets only eat Blue products but they seem to not care about the image they send out to the public. They want a Brand Ambassador but they do a poor job in promoting themselves as a good employer. Very disappointed in wasting my time in this company.
Pros
Cons
Waste of time
Blue Buffalo
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WANovember 1, 2016
Was working as a rep for the best dog food in the world. I love the life source bits. Very healthy for a needy animal with allergies. Try for your doggy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8