Blue Buffalo Employee Reviews

Great Part time job
Pet Products Specialist (Current Employee) –  NYOctober 2, 2017
This is a great part time job. I have been working with this company for a little over 3 years. If you are a animal lover and is looking for extra money at a stress free job, this is for you! There is possibility of advancement but doesn't happen frequently but managers will let you know when there is an opportunity and they much rather hire those jobs with someone who has been with the company already. They have nice incentives, especially for part timers. Rebates for food, 401k, discounts on pet insurance and a prescription savings card. Not that I ever needed it but its good to have, and they have teledoc if you wanted to use( call in a doctor on phone for little things like a cold). They also offer money back from adopting pets once a year. They cut down on a few things like large seminars they would have once a year.(Those were really fun). Now it's smaller groups that get together at local shops just to go over new products and information. But this doesn't happen often. A typical work day is walking around the pet store that your station in each week and educate pet parents on the importance of healthier pet food versus the grocery brands. Its relaxing on the sense you don't feel obligated to push people into buying the food but you want to share your acknowledgment.
Pros
independent work, flexible for the most part and pet interaction all the time!
Cons
Part time and advancement isnt frequent
relaxing slow paced work environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 28, 2017
definitely a good place to work just not the highest paying or most exciting place to work, loved working with animals but began to want more and grow bored.
New Experience
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 27, 2017
I had a great experience working for this company. They really care about their employees. It also challenged me to grow as an employee at work and a person outside of work. The staff was great and made you feel like family.
Did not care for mgmt...no complete sentences..no follow up for employees
part-time - Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTSeptember 19, 2017
Mgr. lacks common sense and ethics. Does not pay attention to employment laws; sends numerous emails with incomplete sentences so one has to guess at the meaning. Uses job for own political views toward employees.

Other management may be fine. However, they put most $ towards ads and not enuf toward employees, especially those with good
sales experience.

Best part of job is meeting, greeting, and influencing customers
on products and, of course, seeing the animals.
Pros
job working with people, meeting and greeting, and influencing
Cons
poor manager, low pay
fun part-time job for Animal Lovers.
Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2017
Good Part time job for Pet Lovers who enjoy working with the public.
opportunity to meet all variety of Pets and Pet owners. opportunity to educate people on Pet Nutrition.
Pros
Product Discounts
Cons
no benefits
Working in pet stores educating the public to feed healthy
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  NJ, NYAugust 30, 2017
Working in NJ AMAZING manager best I've ever had, sweet compassionate loyal absolutely amazing, NY poor management needs improvement, needs to take notes from NJ manager
Pros
Working with puppies and kittens
Cons
Just NY has a severely poor egotistical manager
blue buffalo
In Store Promoter (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 1, 2017
I was an in store promoter for this company. Every day I would go into pet stores across northern Virginia and set up a table with all of our brand's information on it. I would walk around and approach customers and ask them what brand they use, and then try to convince them of the benefits of our food versus the other brands food.
Fun if you like pets
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2017
The position is a sales position but they do not promote within by skill set. They push a methodology which is limited in effectiveness and do not look for process or feedback from those in the field.
great workplace
Sales Strategy and Promotions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2017
fun place to work with a great culture. Work life balance is good and leadership team is also very good. I have enjoyed working at Blue Buffalo gaining analytical skills.
Great job of you love animals!
Pet Detective (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2017
I love this job! Only downside is it is primarily weekend based, so if you don't mind working every weekend then this is the job for you, also it is part time only if you are a hired as a pet detective, so just keep that in mind. It's a job for some extra cash!
Cool culture
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Wilton, CTJune 26, 2017
It bleeds a typical creative office environment, being able to bring pets in, speak your mind, etc. However that is about the only positive. People often work themselves to death or out of the job (literally). The pay and benefits is very nice but I would consider the pay just a compensation for the extreme commute or cost of local living. People often get senior titles just because they have to for their pay grade.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Extreme commutes, work to death type of environment.
Great producive environment
Product Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 1, 2017
I show up to local pet stores such as Petco, PetSmart or Pet Supplies Plus and set up my aisle accordingly and talk to customers. At the end of the day I tally up the total of new customers and bags that were sold.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Healthcare
Easy and laid back job, fun and tons of benefits
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 30, 2017
Only down fall is working weekends. Great company with good ethics so it's a very easy company to represent. They treat their employees well and have effective training.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Weekends only
Herd Mentality
Regional Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 17, 2017
Job is fun, keeps you on your toes, and moves quickly. Retail is a changing environment and is very reactionary. Love the brand and the herd mentality that Blue keeps cultivated throughout the organization. There is a lack of movement within the ground floor account management. Be prepared to work the same position for years to come.
It was a fun job getting to interact with new people and talk about their pets
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 15, 2017
I only worked on Saturdays and when I had a full time job and with a foot injury it was hard to work the other job Mon through Friday and then standing 8 hours on Saturday. I really enjoyed the job but needed a break.
Great Job but Overbearing Management
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 12, 2017
The job itself is easy, but with management always over your shoulder, it feels like they do not trust the employees. They even will make surprise appearances to your stores.
Representative
Pet Detective (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 8, 2017
I did not work at Blue Buffalo for very long as it was a summer job. I had little interactions with other employees besides my first meeting with my regional manager. My work day would begin with me coming in at the start of my shift to my designated pet store for the day. I would restock and organize the shelves of the Blue Buffalo food I was representing. I would then walk around interacting with customers for the remainder of my shift.
Mismanaged with zero job security
Veterinary Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  USAMarch 30, 2017
Pretty much copy and pasting a previous review but nailed it: Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary division and bit off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is supposably great but doesn't extend to the vet division. Family owned but many see as just a marketing company with deep pockets trying to infiltrate another vertical within the food umbrella. Stay away
Pros
Free samples for your own pets
Cons
No future
Veterinary Division
Veterinary Clinic Specialist (Former Employee) –  WAMarch 27, 2017
Company was not prepared to launch a veterinary devision and bite off more then they could handle. Division is mis-managed with a lack of any job security. Company culture is great but doesn't extend to the vet division.
Blue Buffalo
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 20, 2017
Worked four hour shifts fri-sun, it was decent, you walk around petsmart or petco for that time selling the product that blue buffalo makes. The female regional manager for San Diego is a bit of a pain, and she makes surprise visits to make sure you're working, since it is an independent position. The people in general at the petsmarts and petcos are amazing and usually let you do your own thing and enjoy having you around.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8