Blue Cliff College Employee Reviews

good
Cosmetology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 21, 2017
A licensed cosmetologist for 25+ years
Experienced in the diverse aspects of hair care and the cosmetology industry
Prior salon owner which provides me with experience on
Salon management and daily operations, thorough knowledge of hair care
Products and certified in hair cutting techniques.
Stressful workplace
Career Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 21, 2017
A school that is numbers driven can be extremely stressful. Admissions have numbers to meet. Career Services have numbers to meet. Student services have numbers to meet. If no one works together to meet goals, it becomes a hostile environment real quickly.
Pros
paid time off, healthcare
Cons
hostile management at certain locations
Awesome
Medical Instructor/Extern Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 18, 2017
I loved teaching adults, young and older, about the Administrative parts of the medical field. To extend my experiences and knowledge to the students was awesome!
Pros
To share knowledge
Cons
There was none
supportive staff
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 14, 2017
great staff to work for and a team that cares. the hardest part of the job was its high focus on numbers and reaching them. the best part was ensuring that we communicated as a team.
Productive and enjoyable
Cosmetology Instructor/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work begins with inspiring the population about their potential for growth and development. I also share a great of knowledge and expertise with them. Management is mission and goal focused. The workplace culture fosters an environment for good rapport among all involved. The hardest part of the job is being unable to lead some of the population to a successful end. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to impact the lives of the population in a positive manor.
Pros
Flexible, good morale and comraiderie among all involved
Cons
Compensation and benefits
Staff friendly
Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 3, 2017
Gratifying to help students accomplish a goal l
No room for advancement and raises are few and far between with very little increase if any, all while you have the Coorporate people riding in private jets
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks. Need to run more concurrent with school year and offer summer school.
No comment
Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 12, 2017
No policies no procedures... they are suppose to help student not hurt them. It's all about numbers and money.. students will tell you the same thing that is in this review maybe worse... numbers numbers numbers that is all they care about and getting their money... People are pressured to come to school when all they need is information. Please research before you even think about going please
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything it's run terrible
work
Financial Aid Representative (Current Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 19, 2017
the hardest part is working every weekend. the company is pretty laid back and my co-workers were amazing. The hours are the only set back that really just put me over the edge.
Horrible and unorganized
instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 30, 2017
This is the most unorganized business. I have never felt that a school is taking advantage of the students. The students never have needed supplies on the first day of class but the school expects a payment
Pros
Some instructors are only at Blue Cliff College for the students, if it weren't for the students alot if instructors would bo gone
Cons
Administration does not treat employees with respect
Job is flexible,hard work, and make the day go by fast.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 15, 2017
Flexible with schedule, breaks, and lunch time. Hard work to make sure that the campus is clean inside and out. The day goes by fast because you are always on the move not sitting at a desk. I get to interact with teachers, professors, office workers, and student alike.
Pros
Meet all different kind of people
Cons
heathcare
Great
ASSOCIATE FINANCIAL AID DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 25, 2017
Great Great really enjoyed myself throughout my career. The last job I had ended abruptly but overall I can not complain. But I am just typing to get my 150 characters.
Good for Part-Time Only
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 15, 2017
Note: **Education Management** is the owner of Blue Cliff College. In 6 years, the Shreveport Campus has had **5** Directors and **6** Directors of Education. This company does not seem to understand that in order to be successful, you have to take care of your administration and staff. Students complain about the financial aid department often.
Pros
Helping students exceed in life and purpose
Cons
Profit comes first, disappointment voiced by students often
Can be a great place to work.
Director of Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 29, 2016
This is a very fast pace job. Finding funding for students for to go the school is the big objective. Applying for Financial Aid (Pell grants and student loans) is the basic job description.
Great place, management not that great
Part Time Instructor (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 1, 2016
Working and changing the students lives.
Patience.
Management not the greatest.
My co-workers are great and a blast to work with.
Low pay / low hours.
Seeing the students when they finish.
Pros
Changing Lives everyday
Cons
Low hours
This place is a JOKE!!!
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 20, 2016
Upper Management sucks and they don't do any work!!! The
co- workers are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed working with the people.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
Some great people, poor compensation
Campus Leadership (Former Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 8, 2016
Most of the staff genuinely cares and wants what is best for students. The corporate office is unorganized and ineffective. The policies and SOP are a complete mess.
Pros
Flexible laid back atmosphere most of the time
Cons
Long work days, poor compensation
don't reccomend it to anyone
Student (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 15, 2016
While I attended BCC in Houma, LA, I had some really great teachers up until the end of the course then teachers started to quit and the office staff was failing to give the proper advice and help to the students
No Summary
Program Chair Cosmetology (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 19, 2016
I was given the potential for growth, which I did in my time there. I learned a lot about our type of business, how to conduct business and not to conduct business.
Pros
Large school, versatility in learning due to a diverse amount of teacher, good compensation and benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, extra long work hours to meet work demands
overal it was a great experience
Student Training (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 5, 2016
did not find a opportunity for career growth but i did obtain many skills i can not wait to use. this was my school and they learned me everything i need to know but they promised to help find a job in the field and it was not successful.
Passion for Non-Traditional Students
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 24, 2016
It is all about your passion for the non-traditional adult learner. The curriculum is great and constantly being improved.
Co-Workers are the ABSOLUTE best...almost like a dysfunctional but very loving family. And the support from Corporate is amazing...we have probably one of the best CEO's of any company. He knows you by name. Try getting that at another proprietary institution.

My passion is for student success and empowerment. I have learned a lot and am still learning. Blue Cliff is a business AND an educational institution. One must understand this concept and to always put students first. Once this is understood, the other issues or challenges won't cease to exist, they just become MUCH easier to deal with.
Pros
Student services
Cons
No breaks during the year, starts are 1 after the other