Blue Cliff College Employee Reviews

This place is a JOKE!!!
Admissions Counselor (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LASeptember 20, 2016
Upper Management sucks and they don't do any work!!! The
co- workers are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed working with the people.
Pros
no pros
Cons
no cons
don't reccomend it to anyone
Student (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 15, 2016
While I attended BCC in Houma, LA, I had some really great teachers up until the end of the course then teachers started to quit and the office staff was failing to give the proper advice and help to the students
No Summary
Program Chair Cosmetology (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 19, 2016
I was given the potential for growth, which I did in my time there. I learned a lot about our type of business, how to conduct business and not to conduct business.
Pros
Large school, versatility in learning due to a diverse amount of teacher, good compensation and benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, extra long work hours to meet work demands
overal it was a great experience
Student Training (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAApril 5, 2016
did not find a opportunity for career growth but i did obtain many skills i can not wait to use. this was my school and they learned me everything i need to know but they promised to help find a job in the field and it was not successful.
Passion for Non-Traditional Students
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 24, 2016
It is all about your passion for the non-traditional adult learner. The curriculum is great and constantly being improved.
Co-Workers are the ABSOLUTE best...almost like a dysfunctional but very loving family. And the support from Corporate is amazing...we have probably one of the best CEO's of any company. He knows you by name. Try getting that at another proprietary institution.

My passion is for student success and empowerment. I have learned a lot and am still learning. Blue Cliff is a business AND an educational institution. One must understand this concept and to always put students first. Once this is understood, the other issues or challenges won't cease to exist, they just become MUCH easier to deal with.
Pros
Student services
Cons
No breaks during the year, starts are 1 after the other
Extremely Unprofessional top-down. The best word to describe it is "cesspool".
Academic Chair (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 16, 2016
No two days are exactly alike. Everything changes on a day to day basis. Consistency doesn't exist. I learned an awful lot about for profit institutions....more than I care to know at this point. The greed over takes them and corruption is a main stay. Management is not very knowledgeable. Because of the lack of real support, I taught myself how to navigate using the handbook. Very few co-workers are above board, which is the total opposite of other places of employment. The hardest part of my job is seeing the hurt in students eyes after being lied to by other departments. The most enjoyable part is interacting with the students and watching them graduate.
Pros
Cons
unethical practices
Fun place to work
Student Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARNovember 30, 2015
The staff and leadership was very approachable and really challenged me on some tasks that were never before done. I felt motivated and that the mentoring was great at BCC.
Pros
Lots of community involvement
Cons
No breaks
a learning experience
Dialysis Instructor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 26, 2015
Helping students learn the field of dialysis was rewarding in two ways. First I was able to teach in the classroom and second I was able to convert the teaching onto the dialysis floor. It providing learning information for me and the students.
Pros
being able to teach new skills to students
Poor company in every aspect
Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 26, 2015
A lot of work but no one really manages you to make sure you are doing it or doing it right. No day is the same because everything is so chaotic. The company is unorganized.
Pros
Hard to get fired
Cons
Unorganized, favoritism, a lot of office politics, low pay
Do not work here!
College Registrar (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 1, 2015
This company is very unorganized and lacks respects for it's lower employees. I was not properly trained to do my position, but rather stuck in an office with papers and folders piled sky-high. There are some great lower level employees, but CORPORATE acts snobby, lazy, and bully-like. This school is very unproductive and doesn't care about the students, only the financial aid monies that they receive for them. I wouldn't attend school at BLUE CLIFF COLLEGE if the education was FREE!
Unhealthy work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houma, LAJune 17, 2015
I enjoyed teaching. But the social environment is unacceptable. I am looking for a place where there is more job security and opportunities to advance with leadership responsibilities.
Blue Cliff is Awesome
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJune 8, 2015
Getting things ready for the day. Multi tasking and getting to meet a variety of people throughout the day and forming new relationships.
Directors Assistant/Admissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAMay 4, 2015
It is a beautiful campus, the people are friendly, and the students that come to enroll are always well received. The work environment can be a little hectic at times do to the large volume of people but overall it isn't bad.
Very stressful
Instructor (Current Employee) –  HoumaFebruary 25, 2015
My typical work day, coming in preparing for class, managing and teaching my class, relieving receptionist so she can go to lunch, grading test, homework assignments, managing lesson plans.
Pros
my students
Cons
the stress
Loved working with non traditional students
Instructor/ IT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 5, 2015
Loved working with the non-traditional student. Good work environment although low enrollment cause a lay off in work.
It Was OK
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LANovember 26, 2014
All jobs have issues, but I really enjoyed my time at Blue Cliff. It helped prepared me as a young professional. I would go back and work there in the future.
Working with Cosmetology students.
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 4, 2014
I worked part-time with this company, 32 hours a week. My primary job function was to procure the necessary documents for Cosmetology students to successfully obtain a Louisiana Cosmetology student license. Once I obtained the necessary documents I submitted them to the LA State Board of Cosmetology.I also made sure the students files were all updated with the necessary documents required for the student to graduate. I was managed by the Director of Education. She was very thorough in my training and helped me to do my best. The hardest part of the job was telling a student that the online High School diploma they received was not accredited by the college and it would not be accepted. The most enjoyable part of the job was working one on one with the students to help them achieve their goals.
Pros
free massages, haircuts, etc . . .
Cons
would have liked to work more hours.
I love teaching
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 21, 2014
Average of 25-30 students per day. Theroy teacher and clinical instructor . How to manage different personalities and patience
good supervisor, worked well with other instructors. Long hours sometimes. I liked being a part of a persons success in becoming a professional, help them become a better person.
Pros
hair show
Cons
sometimes to many students
Overall Great Work Experience
Administration (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LaApril 2, 2014
Be prepared for a very unrealistic workload.
Loved the students
Loved the staff
Loved the school
Pros
great work environment
Cons
short staffed
Teaching was fun
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 17, 2014
Always enjoy teaching students who are eager to learn and serious about their education.