Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Employee Reviews

Corporate environment with very strict rules and guidelines
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 27, 2013
A typical day is answering the phone from 8:00-4:30. I assist members with various issues and questions. I have learned how to communicate in a professional manner and how to resolve member's issues in different ways. The hardest part of the job is dealing with member's sensitive issues and handling them appropriately. My co-workers are great and they are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
cafe and gym on campus, free insurance
Cons
petty rules, have to give 7 day notice to take off
Great Company
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 4, 2013
The benefits and flexability of this company are excellent. Co-workers and supervisors were very supporting and always available. The most enjoyable part of the job was the motivation to become and maintain healthy physically and mentally.
Productive and great environment to work in.
Medicare Reimbursement Support Clerk (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 9, 2013
I would come in on time and get straight to doing my work. I learned how to copy cost reports and break them down and file folders. I learned to copy check and delivery the mail to other departments. The management team was great. My co-workers and I got along very well. There was nothing hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job knowing that I had a job to come into at the time.
Pros
excellent benefits, advancements in careers and bonuses
Cons
n/a
Very good company that offers stability.
Claims Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 6, 2013
High volume processing of insurance claims. Enjoyed having access to a workout facility on campus. Also enjoyed being given the freedom to work without interruption from management on a daily basis.