Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island Employee Reviews in United States

Good Place for Career Development
DIRECTOR OF HEALTH ANALYTICS (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 5, 2016
Management was well-run with great communication and support. Many opportunities for career advancement and development. Great working relationships developed.
With the company outsourcing many departments, my job was affected.
CUSTOMER & PROVIDER RESEARCH REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 28, 2016
BCBSRI was a great place to work for but now they are outsourcing many departments and the company is not as good a place to work for anymore.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
company centered on production and not quality
Bcbsri
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 26, 2015
Really great company to work for as well as great place to get good experience. Won best enterprise company to work for in Providence.
Great Job
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 7, 2015
Great job with a lot of opportunities. I learned a lot about health care and processing claims. I enjoyed helping customers understand their policies better and answering any claims questions they may have had. It was always nice when I could help.
Wonderful company that truly cares for the community
Executive Assistant to COO (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 16, 2015
This was one of my favorite places to work. BCBSRI believes in giving back to the community. My job was challenging. I highly respected the executives that I supported. I served in many volunteer positions and boards.
Good Place to Work
Program Manager, Community Relations & CSR (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 25, 2014
BCBSRI is a solid company with a strong culture of integrity. They have to make tough choices in their industry and under this economy that may not always seem fair, but they are doing it to remain solvent. Overall, I had a great experience in my 7 years at BCBSRI and would return to work there if the right opportunity arose.
Fast paced environment
Account Executive for Small Business (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 26, 2014
Extremely busy and challenging, especially with healthcare reform. Great people to work with but salary is extremely low.
Very Political- hard to play the game when not in the inner circle
Senior level individual contributor (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 10, 2014
People are not judged by their work product or results. Hard to sum up but some people can do not wrong, even when they have had disciplinary action they are still promoted when others more highly qualified and have great performance reviews. This is not an environment when you have any control of your career. Influential people can make you or break you just to get ahead themselves-just want you out of the way so their promotion doesn't look completely ridiculous. I've witnessed whole departments cleaned out of their best employees to give someone "special" a management position.

The paid time off is generous and healthcare is still affordable compared to other employers.The location is great, close to mall, convention center and many good restaurants.
Pros
gym onsite, caring coworker
Cons
parking expensive, perks being taken away
very professional and dynamic culture
Medicare Compliance Oversight Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 28, 2013
BCBSRI is a good place to work and our organization attracts and retains the best talent..
The people are great to work with.
Executive Vice President (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 28, 2013
The managed care industry is extremely dynamic and I believe Blue Cross and Blue Shield is well positioned for success in the future. The associates are dedicated hard working individuals that truly care about the success of the company.
Good company to work for.
Grievance & Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 27, 2012
It was a good company overall to work. People were friendly and helpful. Good company to balance work and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island Reviews by Location