About Our Company
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is the largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama. For 75 years, we have been at the top of the class among Blue Cross Plans across the country. We are proud to provide coverage for more than 3 million people.
Business Consulting uses industry standard methodologies to provide project management and business consulting services for our customers to help drive business and technical project success. The area is responsible for the development, promotion, coordination and direction of project management services for the company. In conjunction with Corporate Strategy, the Project Portfolio Review Boards, Executive Sponsors, and Business and IT Solutions Owners, Business Consulting plans, directs, and executes activities to meet company program and project requirements.
Business Consulting impacts other areas by performing Business Process Improvement projects to achieve efficiency throughout the company, enhancing vendor engagement processes and reporting on major enterprise and division level projects.
Plans, organizes and coordinates the efforts of delivering continuous improvement services requested by Corporate Management in support of the corporate vision, mission, goals and objectives. Support is offered to all divisions and departments of the company and includes interaction with associates at all levels. Associates in Business Consulting are expected to utilize the department accepted and standard project management methodology. The incumbent should lead projects through the steps of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing. It is critical the position stays knowledgeable of project management techniques and ongoing initiatives throughout the organization. The incumbent will be required to attend Project Management Institute (PMI) sponsored training on an annual basis. The incumbent will also help direct efforts of supporting business consultants assigned to projects.
Summary of Qualifications
1. Bachelor Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field.
2. Experience analyzing business processes and identifying solutions
3. Experience interacting with all levels of internal staff
4. Experience in a position interpreting, and communicating information orally and written
5. Experience in a position leading projects to improve workflow/productivity
6. Experience using project management techniques and tools
7. 3 years project management experience
8. Knowledge of the company's business processes in all divisions preferred
9. Understanding of company's structure and culture is preferred.
10. Project Management Institute (PMI) sponsored training preferred
How To Apply
Information about current career opportunities can be found on our web site at www.bcbsal.jobs. Click on Search All Jobs.
To apply, build a profile online and attach your resume by registering with our website. Click on the "Apply Now" button to login or register if this is your first time.