About Our Company
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is the largest provider of healthcare benefits in Alabama. For 75 years, we have been at the top of the class among Blue Cross Plans across the country. We are proud to provide coverage for more than 3 million people.
The mission of the Huntsville Service Center is to provide exceptional personalized service to all of our customers every time they contact us. This is achieved by the courteous, accurate, and efficient manner that our associates handle questions and issues from our customers. The Huntsville Service Center upholds our reputation as the “Caring Company” through the professionalism and dedication that each call center associate displays in their daily effort to improve the quality of our service to our customers.
Customer Service Trainees are expected to provide high quality customer care and to strive for excellent customer service. Customer service Trainess are to provide resolution of customers’ inquiry upon first contact to ensure customers experience high satisfaction with their contact.
- Responds to inbound customer calls in a professional manner and addresses customer issues while assuring that company standards are met
- Researches and resolves a wide variety of customer questions and issues
- Achieves individual performance goals targeted by the company
- Listens to customers and probes for clarification to meet customer’s needs
- Ensures information communicated to the customer is timely and accurate using proper grammar and articulation
- Utilizes multiple systems to research necessary information to resolve the customer’s questions or issues.
- Works well independently as a part of a team to achieve goals in an atmosphere committed to quality service.
- Responds to an average of 80 to 100 calls per day in an inbound call center environment
- Accurately and promptly documents all calls in system
Trainees complete an extensive multi-phased training program that includes classroom instruction and on-the-job training. Trainees are required to successfully meet all training and attendance standards.
Summary of Qualifications
1.Experience in a customer contact position requiring problem solving
2.Experience in a position requiring the abililty to understand and interpret complex oral and written directions required
3.Experience in a position requiring the ability to multi-task required
4.Experience in a position requiring data entry and typing skills required
5.Experience researching information using online reference materials preferred
6.Experience with medical terminology, ICD-9, and/or CPT coding is desirable
7.College degree preferred
8.Experience in a corporate or office environment preferred