BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ARIZONA

BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ARIZONA Employee Reviews

Very stable company
Cash Control Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits
Cons: Opportunities for advancement
Managed Cash Control team meeting a large number of daily, weekly & monthly financial deadlines. Enjoyed the production environment, coaching the team, reconciling accounts and preparing journal entries.
Productive and busy place
Performance Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2015
It was real busy place, and gained lot of experience. There were lots of overtime but enjoyed every bit while working there.
I wasted 8 years of my life here
CSR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 25, 2014
Pros: good pay, bonuses, free gym, decent benefits (not the best)
Cons: everything else
I worked for this company for 8 years and never had the opportunity for growth or advancement. I have 13 years of experience in the field and two college degrees and was stuck in "customer service."

Over 15% of the staff is in management - many of them make six-figure incomes, but with this company, is not WHAT you know but WHO you know. The moment I challenged the "politics," I was booted out like yesterday's trash. They are definitely not as loyal to us as many of us were to them.

I would NOT RECOMMEND working here....you'll regret it.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of AZ - not good
BA (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2014
Pros: not much. bathrooms are clean
Cons: everything
I worked there for a while. Its OK. I would definitely think twice about working here. Sometimes you just have to call things how you see it and this place is bad.
Processing Insurance Claims.
Front End Claims Specialist III (Former Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free gym, assigned cubicle, great holidays perks, and very friendly atmosphere
Cons: expensive healthcare
My daily routine consist of processing claims for Members and Providers. Verification of Member's coverage and Provider coding were and is my specialty.
I would recommend applying for employment with BCBSAZ
Senior Financial Analyst in FP&A (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2013
Pros: great co-workers, terrific benefits, family oriented
Cons: politics
-Typical day is a heavy work load which makes the day go by quickly
-The health insurance industry is very dynamic and in constant change
- Management is generally fair and works with employees, though politics can be cut throat.
-Co-workers are supportive, family atmosphere
- Politics is the hardest part
- Team building was enjoyable
Horrible Company
Security at BCBS of AZ (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 23, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: leadership
I had worked in Security for BCBS of AZ for 2 years. The company's leaders are very incompetent in their jobs. The Director is a clown that thinks because he was a Marine for "X" amount of years that he can run his staff and operation like a military operation. Here's the thing....This is not the military. The supervisor tries to be just like the director and I have to say this company is just plain horrible. Look somewhere else for a relaxed environment where you aren't trying to explain yourself to leadership that just don't care about their staff.
Medical Review
Former Medical Review Nurse (Former Employee), PhoenixApril 14, 2013
Pros: not a professional work environment
Cons: numerous
Blue Cross Blue Shield has relied on their reputation.

There are (3) Nurses that are undermining the

Medical Review department.

There is no consistency on the IT system or how

the Medical Review nurses are trained and each nurse

reviews differently.

Nurses are leaving due to Workplace Bullying.

Blue Cross Blue Shield does not tell you in the Job Description about

Mandatory overtime.

Management turns a blind eye even when you try to let them know
what is going on.

Nurse applicant beware.
I enjoy getting to know coworkers. Watching the company grow.
Specialist Quality Control Sr. Auditor (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZApril 11, 2013
Pros: i enjoy working
Cons: working at a desk with high walls/dividers
I enjoy working with others and share our knowledge of what we find in our research in daily work.

Management is always optimistic in what staff does.

The hardest part of the job keeping the momentum going for new employees be relax.

The most enjoyable part of the job accomplishing the research of my findings of errors and or documentation to back up for reason of corrections.
Nursing
Nursing (Former Employee), Claims Review-processingJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: gym not ever able to use
Cons: particular co-workers manipulative and counter-productive
The hardest part of the job was dealing with co-workers who set you
up to fail by communicating only parts of the job function so that
they can control you and put you down

Some of the nurses act like 7th grade bullies who like to play games

Not a professional work environment
Great place to work for has an amazing gym, People are so friendly.
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 13, 2012
Pros: gym, healthcare, work hours
Days go by fast cause of fast work pace. I learned about cpt codes as well as claim processing. Great work environment the company has a lot to offer.
It is a great company to work for except when lossing a great big contract they get rid if there employees that are there over 15 years +.
Specialist Quality Control Sr. Auditor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 31, 2012
Pros: 401k and holidays
Cons: not ture the there employees of major let goof emlpyees when we loss major contracts.
I have put in over 20 years to the company dedicated and loyal. I enjoyed my co-workers. It is very important to have great communication with co-workers and management. I was hired in 1992 as a claim processor for about 1yr 1/2 then moved up to account representative for another 1 yr 1/2 and my last postion there was Quality Control Internal Auditor for 17 years with promotion within the department. When I had first started at the company there were bonuses, stabelization during christmas, employees picnic, employees christmas dinner and 401K. In the last two years that I was working there the company now only offers the 401k. I loved my job and what I do.
Productive and great company to work for.
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: christmas, annual parties.
Cons: no sick pay
A very great company to work for. A typical day for me was to do my job as best as I could. I knew what my work consisted of and had very little questions to ask my supervisors unless couldn't answer it myself. Management did not babysit us..Worked with a great crew of co-workers, we all believed in Team Work and it got the work out in a timelly manne. I learned alot about the Healthcare Industry. The hardest part of it all was leaving the Company. The most enjoyable part was completed the day's work and our Company parties, also we had a fitness Center within the company and that I enjoyed very much