Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia Employer Reviews

Productive and Professional work area
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
Very Professional work day of processing claims
Co-workers are consistent with there attitudes
The hardest part of the job is the short breaks and having to deal with a large crowd of people
The most enjoyable part is the peace and quiet atmosphere
Productive workplace
Coding Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Productive workplace. This company has a lot of room for growth.
Ok place to work
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 4, 2014
Claims representative, main requirement was to be detail oriented.
Not to bad of a place to work at
Customer Service Associate II (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: meet new friends, great benefits package
Cons: no help from managers/leads
A typical day was constantly on the phone lines for 8 hours with an hour lunch and 2-15 minutes break. However, supervisors and leads seemed as if they didn't want to help you with answering your questions pertaining to a call. The best part was getting overtime on the weekends!
Benefits Department
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaJanuary 2, 2014
Worked with various departments heads in different areas to reach resolution for the clients. I am a quick steady I have been in the insurance field for over 15 years. I have learned a lot within that time frame. I enjoy working with everyone to reach a common goal.
Cashier
Clerical Associate II- Claims Associate II (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: meeting different people
Cons: salary
cashier
stocking inventory
customer service
closing and opening store
Productive and very rewarding company to work for
Disease Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2013
*Worked directly with and Nursing to insure proper care for members
Supervised ACD phone line in peak times resulting in consistently excellent phone stats
Supervised and coordinating conference calls
All clerical duties
*Great management team
*Nothing was hard about the job, just fullfilling
*Great Environment
Great company to work for strive on Customer First.....
WFM ANALYST/CUSTOMER CARE ASSOCIATE/COMMOM CODER (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits, hours, and the care for the employees and thier famlies
Cons: not closed for every hoilday....
I have been with this company since 1997; at this time I would not change anything. This company is a great company to work for the assocites and their families. The structure is great and they strive on One Company One Team. They take care of their customer's and employees.
Challenging and exciting workplace where hard work was rewarded!
Individual Sales Representative / Authorized Agent (Former Employee), Macon, GeogiaJuly 28, 2013
Pros: great company, excellent benefits, enticing pay & bonus tier
Cons: none that i can think of!
I loved working for BCBSGA. A typical day at work for me was exciting and challenging. I loved meeting new customers and helping them find peace of mind with affordable health coverage. I enjoyed my co-workers and my senior management. What I enjoyed most about my job was; I was rewarded for my hard work and effort in the form of bonuses.
Great company to work for. They value their members,
Customer Care Associate III (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: monday through friday work days along with being off on most major holidays.
Cons: not enough time to assist callers in the manner that i prefer.
I worked a call center so my day consisted of assisting members or providers with questions about coverage, claims, membership and options available to them. I learned a great deal about the insurance industry along with how to problem solve. I always had great management. My last manager is a person that I have a great deal of respect for. My co-workers – more... were great. The hardest part of the job was not having the time to research calls that I was unable to close as a first call resolution due to such high call volume. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people to understand. – less
Great start off job
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJuly 7, 2013
Blue Cross Blue Shield was an excellent choice for me when i graduated high school. I wouldn't mind a job there again. It became mind boggling when they began to their outsourcing, to Wellpoint during my tenure. Jobs were becoming obsolete and personnel w/ 20 or so years were forced with severance pay and unemployment benefits. I left to join a more – more... secure force of work, the military. – less
Team Leader (Former Employee), Atlanta, Ga.May 28, 2013
Pros: respect family and family values.
Cons: overtime hours
Processed insurance claims. Company offered true flex time and this allowed individuals to balance work life and family.
The job was rewarding because it was helping people
User Application Analyst II, (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2013
Pros: variety of duties
Cons: i really can't say, i liked my job
A typical day would be data entry, provide associates security access to the BCBSGA/State system.Answer phones, schedule appointments. Provide updated weekly, monthly and daily reports to management. Order supplies for management, type correspondence. Communicate with Providers and Members with problems and provide solutions. Monitor Members/Physicians – more... Help lines.
I learned medical record tracking, budget discrepancies, knowledge of medical benefits for State Employees.
Completed the Coding Class in order to provide the members/physicians.

The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with staff, members and physicians. I like helping people – less
Customer Service
Employer Service Representative Sr (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: weekends off, great pay
Cons: irate customers
A typical day at work is handling members, providers, and employer groups calls in reference to benefits and claims. My day is very busy from 8 am-5 pm; I'm constantly on the phones, handling inquiries through email, and assisting my operation expert with other associates' lists. My manager is very fair and flexible, especially when an emergency happens – more... and I may need to leave work or come in late on a certain day. – less
Great place to work if they dont lay you off after years working there
Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: layoffs
I enjoyed working there especially working from home. It was a great place great people I like they had a gym in the building you can work out after work if youj worked in the building.
VERY PRODUCTIVE, HIGH CALL VOLUME
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Columbus, GADecember 4, 2012
Pros: health benefits for little to nothing
Cons: weekends, high call volume, no values
NOT CONSISTENT, MANAGMENT IS OVER BEARING AND DOES NOT WORK
Enjoyable place to work
Premium Specialist III (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 21, 2012
Pros: working for a major insurance company
Cons: leaving work on time and not bringing work home
My last employer was a fun and productive working environment an typical day at work was reconciliation of major accounts such as Kia Motors Inc and Board of Regions. Worked will with management team and co-workers. The hardest part fo my job was leaving the workforce on a daily basis ina timely manner. I enjoyed meeting and engaging with coworkers, – more... team members, brokers and other busness groups as i reconcilied their payments daily. – less
Great Entry Level Company to learn real customer service
Customer Service Pharmacy Rep II (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 14, 2012
Pros: great benefit package
Great Experience to advance in real customer service skills
A day at BCBS
Customer Service Representative III (Current Employee), Columbus, GAAugust 23, 2012
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: short breaks and parking
Interact with customers to provide information in response to inquiries
about products or services and handle and reslove complaints.work closely with other co-workers.Hardest part of job trying to please everyone.Enjoyable knowing you can make a differance in someone life.
This is by far the best place I have ever worked!
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 31, 2012
Pros: great place to work!
Cons: n/a
Only resigned due to relocation. This job in my salaried position, allowed compensatory time, and flex hours, in addition to a $1,000,000 Major Medical Health Insurance policy.

About Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia (BCBSGA) is the Empire State of the South's #1 provider of health insurance and related services. – Read more