Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Employee Reviews

impossible place to work
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: co-workers
Cons: micro-management
Company is micro-managed. Supervisors are inflexible, and not understanding, putting impossibly high quotas and goals for employees to meet. Training is not helpful.
Cool place to work Love my co-workers
Sales Delivery Support Specialist I (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 6, 2015
Pros: Flexibility, work from home option
Cons: Not guaranteed work stability
Working here was fine. I like the flexibility in my department, I like the option to work from home and I like working with my co-workers and my management, we were a great team.
Prodectuvie
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 28, 2015
Typical work day is busy and everyday is different, they are a very busy and in need of very proficient individual. I've learned how to manage time effectively to accommodate other areas as needed. Management depended on my daily for help and assistance an my co-workers came to me to effectively process requests as requested. The hardest part of the job is when we are short staffed and I had to fill the seats of several staff. The most enjoyable part is special events and holidays.
Great Job, Great Benefits
Customer Advocate (Current Employee), Danville, ILMarch 23, 2015
Love the job itself, but it is hard to get along with management. Great benefits and flexible schedule. I worked 4 ten hour shifts so I would have a day off during the week
Diverse Community Internally
Sr. Manager Network Profiling \ Analytics (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: work out facilities on site
Cons: need to have better use of technology
Blue Cross of Illinois is a great company with a diverse culture. Our efforts within the community is impactful. The people at the non management level make things happen daily.
High stress, workflows constantly changed.
Customer Service Advocate II (Former Employee), Marion, ILJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: compensation
Cons: your job assignments would change constantly, high stress job.
Answered provider inquiries via phone or written inquiries. Gave member information, benefits, claim status, reviewed submitted medical records adjusted claims, pre-determination reviews, followed up with providers via phone or letter. v
Friendly atmosphere
EDI Membership Analyst (Current Employee), chicago, ILJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: team members are very friendly
Cons: nothing significant
Satisfactory experience. Work is equally distributed within team members. Fun loving atmosphere.

Management is proactive.
good benefit but no job growth
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), TexasJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: underground gym in the building
Cons: no job growth
High overhead cost with no job growth. Good employee benefit and reasonable professional/personal life style balance.
Customer Service
Health Advocate II (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Enjoyed working with my fellow coworkers and enjoyed working with the members
Excellent Workplace
LEAD MAINFRAME DEVELOPER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 5, 2015
I enjoyed a work and learned many things.
Good Management and co-workers also
Great place to work.
Senior Performance Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 29, 2014
Pros: work/life balance
Employer very focused on work/life balance. I was encouraged to develop my skills, very customer focused, and provided excellent career opportunities.
Claim Processor
Claim (Former Employee), Champ, MOSeptember 29, 2014
typing a lot of Claim forms, orders, Medicine codes, Pharmaceutical Medical Address properly, 10 digits
Excellent place to work
Account Specialist/Office Coordinator, Marketing (Former Employee), ChicagoSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: lots of walking
Overall experience, excellent place to work.
Great Co-Workers
Great Management
BCBSIL
Finance Intern (Former Employee), Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2014
Great place to work for.

Working culture- people come together from different departments to work on project; being a TEAM player is essential.

Learned a lot with Excel, Lotus Notes, TAMIT, still so much to learn. People took their time to teach different things.

Networking is Key- essential for life long success not only in this company, but other environments as well.

Got exposed to the corporate world, meetings, collaborating.
Top Notch Company!
Sr. Manager, Sales Delivery Group (SDG) (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: strong, ethical culture. vast career opportunities
Cons: no cons come to mind...
Health Care Services Corporation (HCSC) dba Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL, NM, MT, OK, & TX is an amazing company to work for. It has a strong culture of integrity, doing what's best - for both the members that it serves, AND the colleagues who support them - and offers amazing career opportunities. Great salary and total compensation packages are an added bonus to the feelings of pride for working for such an amazing organization.
Client focused, not member focused; Poor management; inefficient and unstable computer systems
PRIMARY NURSE II CASE MANAGER (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 1, 2014
Pros: variety of the work involved
Cons: company focuses on client satisfaction more than the employee or members satisfaction
I work 10AM to 6:30PM in a beautiful, expensive building that has a spectacular view of Chicago and Lake Michigan. I have expanded my knowledge of the health care industry from an insurance perspective. I complete Utilization and Concurrent reviews, Case management and Disease Management. I work with the most compassionate nurses who want to promote the best health for members. The hardest part about the job is members' busy lives prevent them from having time to focus on their own health. The most enjoyable part about the job is making a difference in peoples lives that has lost lasting healthy rewards.
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ILJune 10, 2014
Good training and prep work for the job, management doesn't work with employees very well
Welcome to the "Sweat Shop"
Customer Advocate I (Former Employee), Springfield, ILApril 3, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: everything else is a joke!!
Its a modern day sweat shop! You are micro-managed at all times, you have to account for restroom time, a drink of water or even a moment away to "break wind". The pay is awesome and the benefits as well....This is not a job for an ambitious person because the opportunities for advancement are all about if you are liked by management.

The Springfield Operations Center for members is a joke....
Diversity COmpany
Claims Examiner (Current Employee), Rockford, ILFebruary 5, 2014
Everyday you learn something new and see much growth in the company.
Great working relationships.
Contract Administration (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job was the collaborations of departments.

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois Salaries