Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mississippi Employer Reviews

Nice Place to work and very TEAM Environment.
Information Technology Department (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJune 7, 2014
Company gives great benefits, potential to be promoted if your willing to do the work and offers a lot back to the community. Great hours and on-site gym!!!!
Productive work place
FEP ADJUSTMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Jackson, MSMay 24, 2014
Pros: the promotion of health and wellness, benefits, and strong work ethic
Cons: stressful at times
A typical work day consists of handling various issues from different lines of business. Assisting customers and providers with questions concerning benefits and the processing of claims. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes. Overall, I have enjoyed my time with Blue Cross, but I feel that it is time for me to seek a better career opportunity.
Good work environment
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee), Flowood, MSMay 12, 2014
Responsibilities at the company included reviewing inpatient admissions for medical necessity, approving home health and home infusions, and reviewing outpatient services for medical necessity and appropriate setting. I learned a significant amount about insurance and coding that I was not familiar with before this job. Out of 8 nurses, I was chosen – more... to work on several unique projects such as HMA pre-certifications, out of state outpatient services, and participation in clinical trials. I enjoyed learning a new aspect of health care. – less
I've been working with Blue cross Blue shield of Mississippi for last two years.Overall good place to work.
Senior Consultant - ICD-10 (Current Employee), Flowood, MSApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, pay, schedule, vacation, work life balance
A very well organized company with lots of benefits. I rate this company 5 stars.
MEDICAL AND DENTAL CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Jackson, MSSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, very informative of company wide changes.
Working at Blue Cross was a world of experience. The workday was comfortable and easy going even when work flow was high. Very helpful staff and co-workers. Great benefits package. Great workout programs and great health check provisions for employees. There was no hard part of the job, because if you had a claim situation that was difficult your supervisor – more... was willing to help you from start to finish. – less
A very wonderful experience being able to help people.
Claims Adjustment Specialist (Former Employee), Interpllan teleprocessing department-BluecardMarch 14, 2013
Pros: we got to exercise on company time.
Cons: it was stressful trying to fit it into a busy schedule.
Bluecross was a great place to work. I didnt really consider it work because I loved what I did.I loved all of my co workers.We worked well as a team.The most enjoyable part of ny job was helping people.I enjoyed being able to resolve issues.The hardest part of my job was leaving.I made a difficult decision to relocate to hattiesburg.A typical day at – more... work went very quick as we were busy. – less
Not a good company
Customer Service (Former Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 5, 2013
Cons: everything about the company
This company only cares about the bottom line and not about employees. They will write you up for any little thing. The VP's here are stuck on themselves and everyone under them is nothing. They have not given raises to the employees in the last 5 years but do change the VP's title to give them raises.
I read where some people like the gym but it is – more... an requirement that all employees participate. The gym and walking track is just a put on to make other companies think it is great. – less
Good and productive palce to work
Claims Specialist I (Former Employee), Flowood, MSFebruary 3, 2013
It was very good place to work I learned a lot through the years of processing claims it gave me a lot experience in working with health insurance. My coworker where good people to work with. Well hardest part of the job was when the systems was sending thee claims in wrong. And the most enjoyable part is when you see the claims where all done and completed.
Productive and fun work place
Medical Claims Specialist (Former Employee), Flowood, MSDecember 9, 2012
Pros: incentives, cafeteria
Cons: management negative attitude
Very professional, relaxed office setting. Managment could improve their customer service skills toward employees
Excellent Benefits, Extreme Stress
Applications (Former Employee), Flowood, msDecember 2, 2012
Pros: healthy cafeteria food at good prices, workout on company time, excellent compensation
Cons: work/life balance severely out of wack, resource over allocation
The salary and benefits are excellent. Health insurance provided at no cost as long as you complete a few work outs a week and attend a few seminars.

Entire company is fast paced, but working in IT is on the extreme end of the spectrum. In an effort to make all transmissions to and from the company electronic the staff is often overworked, no overtime – more... or flex time. Arbitrary deadlines come from upper management and are extremely aggressive. The company is not adequately staffed to support these pipe dreams. However, your hard work is recognized and rewarded by management. Management in IT is also very knowledgeable and work just as hard as subordinates.

Co-workers are knowledgeable and will help you if they find a few seconds amongst their many simultaneous projects, which is not often.

Hardest part of the job is keeping up with the packed schedule. You often need time to develop new skills and research the appropriate way to do things, but end up taking shortcuts to meet ridiculous deadlines. The most enjoyable parts are the health and wellness focus and some wonderful co-workers. – less
Great company to work for
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 16, 2012
Pros: great opportunity for advancement
Cons: strict absentee policy
They had a great training department. You were equipped to do your job after training. You were placed in positions according to what you know, not who you know.
BCBSMS is a great company to work for.
Administrative Professional II (Current Employee), Jackson, MSOctober 15, 2012
Pros: going to the gym to workout on company time
Cons: not being about to attend the gym on weekends.
On a typical day, I will complete reports, update reports, approve time off for employees, pend claims, distribute claims errors to employees and update trakcing log.
I have learned how to pend claims in the system, research and analyze claims information, create reports to display monthly trends and develope and create documents for management without – more... direct supevision.
I enjoy working with the management at the company.
I am a team player and enjoyworking with my co-workers.
I hardest part of my job is to sometimes have to tell employees that he/she cannot have day off was requested.
The most enjoyable part of my job is to complete tasks in a timely manner. – less
An okay workplace
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Flowood, MSAugust 7, 2012
Pros: very concerned with personal health
Cons: too long to advance
It is a staple company in Mississippi. A good company to work for.
Great Professional Development
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT DATA ANALYST (Current Employee), Jackson, MSJuly 29, 2012
A great place to work that truly values employees. Continual development and training opportunities available. Culture values new ideas and hard workers.
Health/wellness-minded company on forefront technologically
Supervisor, Service Support (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJune 10, 2012
Pros: gym, healthy food prepared in company eating facility, good benefits.
Productive, energetic environment on the cutting edge technologically and with processes. Health and wellness-minded, in order to set community example.
Very organized environment, emphasizing teamwork. Knowledgable management staff. Most difficult part of job was leaving on time because there was always so much more to be done. Most enjoyable part – more... of job was accomplishing goals set. – less