Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,234 reviews matching the search
Focused on providing the best customer service.
Medical Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNJuly 26, 2016
Leadership is exceptional and focused on us bettering ourselves as representatives and employees. They are a company that puts the our member first and allow us to take the time to come to a first call resolution.
Nice place to work .
EDI Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJuly 26, 2016
Good Management and great learning experience.
co operating co wokers.
Learned new technologies.
able to understand health care process in detail.
i loved my job
Customer service (Former Employee) –  columbia scJuly 26, 2016
i really enjoyed my job and the ppl i worked with. i was always learning new things all the time. i liked a good challenge.
the hours were great the pay and benefits were good. i learned alot working for blue cross blue shield
Pros
your always learning
Cons
n/a
All in all a great company
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 22, 2016
A typical day her at blue cross would be receiving inbound calls regarding insurance information for the CHIP program.
Know what you are getting into.
MEMBER ADVOCATE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 21, 2016
I was hired through Kelly Services for a temp-to-hire position. The job was sold to me as being light on phone calls, which turned out to be the exact opposite. This was a very call-heavy job. And, as is the case with most call centers, the focus was on quantity rather than quality. I was frequently coached about ending calls quickly. My reply was always that my job was to help the caller as much as possible. I was also coached once on not using the restroom unless I was on lunch or break, which I thought was utterly ridiculous. Ultimately, I decided to search for a job because I began to hate it there. If you can handle a straight-up call center environment, you would probably do fine here. Just don't expect to advance.
Pros
Hmmm...everyone seemed nice, I guess. Training was very thorough.
Cons
Basically everything else.
Fun and productive workplace with opportunities for advancments
Claims Technician (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 21, 2016
Days were never dull here, most people were loads of fun to work with, work was interesting enough to keep the job from being boring. management was awesome, my coworkers were fun, the managements did things from time to time to make the days fun and to motivate us all, the hardest part of the job was some of the deadlines that we had to meet to get come claims out. the most enjoyable was just the whole experience of the job.
Pros
fun management tactics
Cons
alot of overtime, on occasions
Great Company with excellant benefits
Consumer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield is an excellent place to work. They offer stellar benefits, including paid time off, paid holidays and bonuses.

The hardest part about my job is sitting in one place all day but this is because I am use to a different type of work environment where I had the freedom to move around all day.

The most enjoyable thing about my job is being able to help our members resolve their issues.
Pros
Excellent Benefits and Compensation
Cons
No set schedule in my department, No freedom to get up and move around in my department, You must sit at your desk 8 hours a day and can only get up on breaks.
Great
IT Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL is a great is a great place to work at. I Would recommend it to anyone that it looking for a start up IT job. Everyone there is super friendly.
Nice Environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2016
Very nice company to work for, will recommend to anyone looking for a stable job that doesn't have a high turnover rate. Intake customer service representative work was easy not hard to be an insurance company. I loved working here
Pros
Easy work Great pay
Cons
No benefits until after a year
Nice people, struggling with growth and operational needs
Sales (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IdahoJuly 19, 2016
Nice people, very difficult environment to be productive. Teams are constantly behind the curve on work efforts. Seemingly a poor allocation of resources given the revenue distribution and needs. Organization struggles with change.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Work Load and repeatable process
very busy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJuly 19, 2016
Greatest co-workers. I had wonderful supervisors and manager. Extremely busy phones. Enjoyed when customers would come in person.
good job easy money
Customer Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2016
worked here through kelly services, awesome team & environment, my assignment was temporary. handled claims & billing inquiries, took insurance payment information, also explained how members insurance plans worked and what was covered
Enjoyable company to work for, like family.
Administrative Assistant Business Engineering (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 18, 2016
Great company, great co-workers. Very busy, very professional. Was treated with respect. Enjoyed going to work. Great benefits
Blue Cross Blue Shield
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 18, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a great company to work for. I really enjoyed working there but there is always something changing which was ok until quality scoring changed with some high unusually demands which made it impossible to receive a bonus.
Productive and Good Experience
Informatica Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 18, 2016
I had a good experience working with BCBS , good team members who encouraged me to keep my work. I had to face some challenges but overcome because of my team. I have enjoyed my work which was most enjoyable part of my job.
Serious Corporate Environment
Senior Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 17, 2016
If you enjoy a large corporate environment and all that goes with ti then this place is for you. It is top heavy with management, especially middle management.

Good Luck
Pros
Good pay, lots of work, many hours
Cons
Management, Heavy Office Politics
Great people.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 16, 2016
Blue Cross is a great place to work. For the eager, driven folks, there are many opportunities to get to know others throughout the company and get involved.
Pros
ability to move around the company
Cons
tough industry right now
Good Place to work
TRICARE Beneficiary Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 15, 2016
Good place to work great benefits very bad management. Its a job what can you say. You work like a dog and before you know it they lose a contract and you are out.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great Place to work
Claims Examiner I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2016
they provided us with all kinds of thing like WII to play, had tournaments, they had a store with goods to sell to us, weight and diet bonuses if we accomplished them along with the BMI twice a year. BBQ's, Team meetings and they would buy us food, over time also would buy us food those that stayed to work it, pot luck all the time for each team, parties for all the holidays, decorating for all the holidays, the list just goes on. I really miss it to bad they were doing an 1800 claims examiner lay-off for all state's of BC/BS.
Pros
loved all of it
Cons
lay-off's
A great place to work for because of the flexiablity hours while going to school.
Senior Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJuly 14, 2016
A day at work is very busing assessing and auditing calls and delivering feedback. Management is great and I learned how work well with team members. Co-workers are great because we work well together to get the dead line done on certain projects. The hardest part of the job is continuing improve to maintain contracts to prevent lay offs. The most enjoyable part the job is when customers are satisfied with our service.
Pros
Free breaks
Cons
Family Healthcare Insurance is expensive