Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 4,078 reviews matching the search
Temp Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barre, VTJune 23, 2017
I worked for Blue Cross/ Blue Shield as a temporary worker through Kelly Services. Even though I was only there for a very short time, I found the other employees and customers to be pleasant to work with.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Temporary job
Enjoy working with and assisting our members.
MEMBER SERVICES CENTER, MEMBER SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 22, 2017
Working at a call center I take about 20-25 calls per day assisting member with questions regarding their benefits, claims, prior
authorizations and provider information.

I've learned to maintain my cool under pressure on the phone and with members that come into the office.

The hardest part of the job is informing a member their claim or prior authorization has been denied.

I also see members face-to-face on a daily basis and enjoy talking with them and assisting them with their questions, I would say 98% of the time members are smiling when they leave and appreciate
being able to talk to a live person.
Pros
2 Breaks, and weekly insentatives
Cons
Trying to get perfect 100% audit calls in a call center.
Working at BCBS has been a adjustment for myself and my family.
Billing Specialist 3 (Current Employee) –  Columbia scJune 22, 2017
Working in different departments for BCBS i would suggest more training for employees and management for work and how to get along in the workplace. I learned different billing techniques
Processed medical claims
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 22, 2017
Very good work environment with friendly employees. Received training when procedures were changing. Supervisors were always there to promote new ideas.
Pros
Benefits, 45 min lunch
Cons
paid to park on grounds
productive environment to work with
Senior developer (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 22, 2017
excellent team,coordination and support among teammates,good place to develop and have a growth,
nice staff and management works very well addressing employees issues .
Pros
excellent
Cons
nothing
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 22, 2017
Supervisor great to work for. Lot of daily changes.Have to be alert when doing your job. Our members come first. If you can't make our members your main priority it's not the place to work.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay not great
I have great co worker
Individualized Specialist Enrollment (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 22, 2017
My typical work day in Blue Cross - Come on time and get ready to organize and enrol subscriber into the correct health plan. I was fortunate to have good co-worker which make the job more enjoyable.
Pros
helpul team-mates all round your department
Cons
their application for keeping track time doesnt work well.
Great culture, very family oriented, and pot lucks galore!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 21, 2017
In the almost 14 years I have worked in customer service, Blue Shield was by far my favorite place to work. They really care about their employees and actually take the time to train you. They make time to see how you're liking your job and constantly ask for ways they can improve. The people who work there made me excited and happy to go into work and there is always food around. I'm serious! Every week there is a different pot luck!
Pros
the employees and management who work there
Cons
only 30 minute lunches
Great benefits
Customer Care Representative I (Current Employee) –  Midland, GAJune 21, 2017
Blue Cross and Blue Shield has helped me tremendously and has satisfied my curosity of how health care works. Great opportunities and the ability to serve others.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
N/a
Good Company
UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 21, 2017
Good management
Work life balance
Good working environment
Hardest part is the tight schedule
The office is good and has spacious work desks and conference rooms
very stressful job
Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 21, 2017
BCBS was a very stressful place to work. It was based on contracts and we were always scared we were out of a job. We never knew when our family would need anything.
Pros
overtime
Cons
never knew when job was over
One of the best places in Vermont to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTJune 21, 2017
The leadership of BCBSVT truly cares about its employees. This is a great place to work with a multitude of benefits. They offer all kinds of programs to their employees, such as an onsite free gym, onsite yoga, P-90 classes, palates, and jazzercise. Not your typical insurance company. Not only do they take care of their employees, but they strive daily to find ways to be able to say yes to their members as well.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria, onsite free gym, all kinds of classes offered, great benefits package offered
Cons
None that I can think of!
Enjoyed working here overall
Provider Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 21, 2017
In need of obtaining a position with advancement and growth. Wish there could have been more time for training to advance within the company and learn other skills.
Pros
Great healthcare benefits
Fast pace environment.
Customer Service Brokerage Division (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILJune 21, 2017
Required to work overtime to keep pace with work. Currently management is challenging. The hardest part of the job is keeping pace with constantly changing work processes.
Pros
Hour lunches, paid time off, benefits excellent
Cons
Hard to keep up with changes.
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 20, 2017
Learned a lot in the time we had for training but there is always someone to help you if ever became confused with anything. Management was very helpful and willing to work with you in things that come up. The people you work with are enjoyable and also so helpful. The hardest part of the job is if you run into something that you aren't too sure of and its a very busy time so its hard to ask around for answers.
driven by numbers
Customer Service Representative III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 20, 2017
This is an environment heavily driven by numbers. the goal is to make money and take care of their customers. Many employees are hard workers and try their verybest every day to make a difference.
Major Outsourcing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richardson, TXJune 20, 2017
The entire Infrastructure Department was drastically cut and replaced with an off-shore outsourcing company. The outsourcing basically replaced, and in some cases, increased the staffing levels to accomplish the same levels of support and maintenance workloads.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Ineffective Leadership, Lack of job stability, Major Outsourcing
Not that good
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sun City, AZJune 19, 2017
Fun job but supervisors show favoritism, are rude and don't want you to complain if you do your singled out and treated different from other employees No room for advancement and no benifts
Pros
Fun Job
Cons
Un professional supervisors
Claims processing
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  sanJune 19, 2017
Training - I learned my medical terminology and coding class

My quality was perfect, my quantity was my down fall due to watching out for the perfection part.
Very fast paced call center
Customer Advocate I & II (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 19, 2017
The coworkers and clients were great. Supervisors worked to improve processes. The site manager could have been better. this position was in a call center.
Pros
well compensated for the position
Cons
call center - tied to the phone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.