Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 3,842 reviews matching the search
Paying company, but did not listen to employees needs
Customer Advocate/Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYApril 25, 2017
Working for Teletech/Blue Cross Blue Shield was a job that paid well and had good benefits. However, the management and company as a whole did not listen to or care about its employees.
Good work place
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 25, 2017
My main job was to process paper claims daily until it switched over to electronic claims, I trained new employees that were hired and that was a great opportunity getting to know the new employees and to see the skills they had learned from previous jobs.
Great place to work.
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 25, 2017
I started working for this company at a very young age. Account Reconciliation, budgeting and making sure our books balanced and up to date. I had a great manager who was always trying to make our job better. My hardest time was saying goodbye after our department was outsourced.
Pros
Workout Gym, Cafeteria
Fun Place
Producer Contracting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 25, 2017
Management is a very important part to the success of the company. The company takes pride in the development of its personnel, and there are opportunities for advancement.
A company that truly cares about the patient
Quality Outcomes Reporting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 25, 2017
I have worked at Blue Cross for over 8 years and have enjoyed every moment of the experience. This is a great place to work if your interest are in the health care field.
Excellent company. Great people and great opportunity.
Supervisor Customer Service Dept. Managing the day (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILApril 24, 2017
My time with BCBS has been a remarkable learning experience and it is with considerable deliberation that the decision to relocate has been made. Currently I have twenty-four direct reports who process medical claims and handle member inquiries. My responsibilities include weekly payroll, monthly performance feedback and annual reviews, although I see my main responsibility as being staff development and mentoring. I am so proud of our team and all their hard work. The professional relationships I have cultivated are greatly valued and it is with genuine excitement that I look forward to equally favorable associations in the future.
Good Place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2017
BCBS was a good place to work. I loved my job even though it was very stressful and could be trying at times. The overtime was worth the headache and the pay was awesome!
Pros
Good Job
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Great place to work!
Ancillary Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 24, 2017
Friendly staff and management! Great place to work! Many job advancement opportunities. Management is knowledgeable in their field and what to help and coach employees. Workload is very reasonable!
fun versatile place to work
Internal & Incoming Mail Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 24, 2017
I enjoyed my position at BCBST and was disappointed when laid off due to claims going electronic.
This was my first management position; I started managing one department of 17 people and within a few years I was offered a second department. I enjoyed managing both area's; I learned many new things such as new software program's, budgeting, etc.. It was nice to hear from management that my hard work and talent never went unnoticed.
Pros
bonus, employee appreciations
Cons
so many meetings and a little be to much micro management
Work Enviornment
Tech Lead / Senior EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 23, 2017
Team environment is very good,everybody is helpful,sharing there knowledge with every one.for me its a good opportunity to enhance my knowledge.
I enjoyed many of my assignments at Wissen Infotech.
It was fun loving working environment.
Salesforce Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 23, 2017
I have learned a lot since starting this job.I really enjoy the people I work with and we try our best to work as a strong team and help each other out.The management that was there when I worked there were great.had a lot of great teamwork.
Pros
Good experience
High-pressure workplace
Communications (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 23, 2017
Highly bureaucratic organization that makes some effort to be worker-friendly -- not always succeeding -- as well as big on community responsibility. Certain areas of the company are extremely high pressure due to volatility in the heath insurance field. In SC organization, advancement is much more closely linked to personalities, family ties and relationships than one would expect in such a large company. Job satisfaction will depend a lot on one's supervisor.
Great Pay
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 22, 2017
If you have a degree, there's no stopping the advancement opportunities. If you are degree lacking, get ready to be stagnant or only make lateral moves... But either way, the benefits a GREAT!
Friendly enviroment
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2017
Blue Cross and Blue shield was a new experience for me at the time. I had never work at a call center before, but they trained you well which made the job easier.
Pros
paid well
Cons
long hours on phones
good benefits
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2017
2nd full time job I had, was a very good job. Got laid off of would have retired there. Enjoyed co-workers, jobs, advancement opportunities. Would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
lay off
IT Analyst / Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 22, 2017
Lots of opportunity to grow but there are employees that are working there for 30 years and no new roles open anytime soon, so you either move companies or team.
Claims
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2017
Great experience , easy training , Supervisors were understanding and relax. Fast paced but relaxing environment. ....................................
Pros
Easy
Cons
Layoff
Great Opportunity for Growth!
Instructional Writer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 21, 2017
I loved this assignment and met some fabulous people! My manager was wonderful to me! I would still be there except I helped my department win the technical bid proposal which stated in the new requirements that all Writers have at least a BA degree. I literally wrote myself out of a job! Thankful to say I have one now!

Co-workers and Managers alike were willing to share information for us all to be successful...We were blessed to be granted new opportunities and assignments to learn new skills and develop existing skills..The Workplace culture was fun and stimulating...We often went out to lunch together as a group. I can truly say my Manager really cared about people...

My only somewhat negative observation is it was hard for the extremely capable, intelligent and valuable long time employees to advance. This was due in fact to a policy that Managers must sign off on them which is difficult if they have a Manager that does not want to let them go because they feel somewhat dependent on them. It leaves the internal applicant frustrated and stuck. I hope that policy has changed..
Pros
Upbeat environment, learning opportunities, perks company picnics etc.
Cons
Hard for many to advance
Work Life
Customer Service Advocate II (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 21, 2017
I enjoyed working for the company overall. At times it was stressful, but that is any customer service position. Working w/ peers was easy, fun, and provided us an opportunity to assist people. Management wasn't always the easiest to work w/. There was only room for growth, based on the dept I worked in, if management allowed you to do so. Management was biased from time to time. They didn't always make decisions based on individuals who were qualified w/ the appropriate experience.
Pros
I learned a lot
Cons
Management didn't allow me move up the ladder
Stressful
Computer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 21, 2017
Constant navigation through different computer screens. Stressful job. You deal with people constantly. Constant phone ringing. Other then that, its an amazing place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.