Blue Cross Blue Shield
1,213 reviews

Blue Cross Blue Shield Employer Reviews

customer service specialist
Provider Advocate (Former Employee), Middletown, NYSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: opportunities
ok company to work for. just not growth for me in that company.
downsized
Medicare Analyst (Former Employee), Newark, NJSeptember 9, 2014
Management is a joke. They pass the buck. Benefits are expensive.
Have changed management 3x for the last 2 years
Senior HCC Coding and Compliance Auditor (Current Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: ability to work at home
Cons: long hours
it would have been a nice lace to work if only the management des not changed leadership frequently.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 9, 2014
I love working here

I don't think I should be required to give this information
Interesting
My supervisor was Bethany (Former Employee), Charleston, ILSeptember 8, 2014
Pros: friendly atmosphere, staying busy
Cons: going through my books and paperwork to answer a question that i did not already have knowledge of .
I learned the customer service software and all the Blue Cross terms, conditions, definitions, laws etc. I had to study and take classes for 2 weeks to pass my insurance licence exam (which was 2 parts), and I passed both the first time. Management was a little uptight, but their was so much work that had to be done and looked after. My co-workers were – more... great, always cheerful! The hardest part of the job was finding a specific answer for a customer in all the information I had that I did not already know or go over as much as the rest of it. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing mainly exactly what I was doing, making new friends in the work place and talking to happy customers or making customers that were not happy when they called, happy when they hung up the phone with me. – less
Clerical Support Clerk (Former Employee), Southfield, MISeptember 7, 2014
Pros: networking, experience
Cons: temp position only
Manager was great, working hours were awesome, clerical duties were good experiences
Stable Work Environment
Customer Service Advocate I (Current Employee), Columbia, SCSeptember 4, 2014
This a steady work environment and a very dependable source of income.
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), detroit MiSeptember 4, 2014
Fast paced, Fun place to work, A lot of work but you are very well trained to complete your job efficiently.
dedicated environment
System Tester (Former Employee), Richardson TexasSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible
review functional requirements, write test case, execute test cases, update test scripts for automation, write and report any defects.
Great work/life balance, limited opportunities for advancement.
Account Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2014
BCBS is great place if you have a family and want stability, if you're looking for personal growth and professional advancement it may be frustrating.
motivated, strong team player, claims expert
Service Adocovate V/ Claims expert (Current Employee), JacksonvilleSeptember 2, 2014
• 14 years of proven ability to process claims and with the highest level of service and meet all goals and objectives
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) assisting in a training unit environment. Duties included; answering questions, clarifying guidelines, giving constructive feedback and performed inline random audits to ensure quality.
• Functions as technical – more... specialist for claims enhancements operations.
• Analyzes complex operational claim payment problems and provides technical solutions.
• Provide support to claims examiners, customer service and provider claims service representatives. – less
The company is a good company to work for
Claims Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 29, 2014
Pros: on site workout facilities
Cons: lack of job security
The company treats you fairly and is very employee oriented,
productive and great place to work
Claims Analyst II (Current Employee), florence scAugust 29, 2014
Pros: pay, hours, benefits, opportunities for advancement
excellent place to work
can utilize your skills
great place for advancement
good pay
excellent benefits
flexible hours
Great company, and great place for employment growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits ther offer to their employees and the employee's family
I am currently a provider advocacy representative for Excellus Blue Cross Blue Shield , I help provider with multiple task of Health insurance education on billing medical claims, resolving complex claims issue and concern and also adjustment for claims that was not properly process correct. I also help with education our Member with the varieties of – more... different types of insurance and what the benefit are in details.

The Most enjoyable part of the job is that I am able to help others to understand their medical insurance contract. – less
Membership Analyst (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: secure employment
Cons: below average salary
BCBS offers great employee benefits with below average pay.
Call Center
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 27, 2014
Pros: respectful working environment
Cons: salary
Answering inquiries as to health benefits in a Call Center.
Intense instructions on benefits, computer systems and customer service. Learned a lot in a short period of time. Great co workers and good management helping you to succeed.
Hardest part was to answer phone 8 hours a day.
Most enjoyable was a good review and a job well done.
This was a call center environment with goals and quality assurance.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Topeka, KSAugust 27, 2014
My daily responsibility was to answer incoming calls from members and providers regarding benefits and claims information for a dedicated HMO unit. I was also assigned as a mentor for new employees in the department to assist them in adjusting to their new roles.
Assigned as a Business Financial Analyst to the IS division. I worked directly with the division VP and Directors for the Budgeting process, financial
Business Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 26, 2014
Responsibilities:
• Performed Business Analysis, System Analysis and Budget Analysis
• Managed weekly and ad-hoc budget reporting for our department.
• Core team member in the Budgeting committee for the IS division. Some of my roles also included process development and process easing for the user. Primary in charge for metrics reporting with claims – more... and insurance data
• Primary in charge for the collection of data and analyzing the same for Budget analysis.
• Performed various analyses for presentation to the budget chair. Some of the standard budget analysis includes ABC analysis, ROI analysis, Onion Analysis, and planning analysis.
• Generated reports off the data collected and entered into the budget system, on timely basis for the budgeting committee.
• Primary in charge for the documentation of process and task completion document.
• Analyzing various processes after the budget completed as lessons learned, with a motto of “How can we make it easier and better”.
• Responsible for ad-hoc reporting for the Commercial Client Management department.
• Review roles and be an intermediary between the Commercial Client Management department and other departments in the company.
• Responsible for tracking and keeping notes on number of claims with related clients.
• Tracking of burn rates, project starts, and project completions.
• Training of clients as new process are created and documented.
• Conduct review meetings between several departments.
• Reporting against MPS using MS Access, MS Excel, and Business Intelligence tools.
• Project required extensive use of Business data reporting tools such as Tableau and MS Access based VB reporting. – less
Very strict management.
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee), Winston Salem, NCAugust 25, 2014
I worked as a contractor, and was not unhappy when my contract did not renew.
great people
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Richardson, TXAugust 25, 2014
Pros: pay is good
Cons: large volume of work
Claims Examiner
Reviewed claims for patient information. Verified patient insurance and eligibility. Contacted doctor’s office for correct billing of service. Batched insurance claims for processing. Sorted daily mail.

About Blue Cross Blue Shield

Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned company – Read more

Blue Cross Blue Shield Photos