Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,253 reviews matching the search
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Flowood, MS
Sr. UI Developer (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 23, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Inc. provides health insurance that offers a variety of insurance products for all segments of the population. BCBS is a primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. The Corporate enrolment service system is an internal tool developed mainly for the employees of BCBS. It mainly maintains data of the various corporations and the employee data that are enrolled through the corporation. The data is divided based on corporation group and division level. The system also includes the health information of various employees enrolled from various corporations. As a UI developer my role is to redesign a website, interactive plugins and widgets for UI.
Good Environment to Work!!
Senior Data Integration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 22, 2016
I have been working at Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina. It's a very nice company to work. Employees are decent, hardworking people, and campus that is becoming more centralized.
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 22, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield was the perfect company to work for. It is in the heart of Detroit, MI, which has so many perks. As an intern, I was able to work on projects beneficial to the company, network as much as I wanted, and be involved.
Excellent Workplace to Explore our knowledge
Java/J2EE Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2016
We had a team of 6 Developers where in coordinated well in completing the tasks and I really enjoyed working in this project.
Fun to work at
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 20, 2016
This company is fun to work at and is very family oriented, but depending on which department you work at, it's either you gain experience or you don't depending on what they are willing to train you on.
Job Security
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 20, 2016
A typical workday for me at BCBSNC is coming in to work on time starting my day with my daily job functions. Since working with I have learned that you have to have patience, and be empathetic at time to service our providers and members effectively. The management there is not very good, I believe if you have a good management team then your employees will be more dedicated to their work and will enjoy what they do.I have amazing co-workers, i get along with everyone there. I enjoy hearing the thank you and smiles from providers and our members.
Bcbsmn
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNMay 19, 2016
Researches claims and benefits as a member of the Dedicated Research (Corr) Team
Delivers accurate information in accordance with performance goals with superior closes per hour
Maintains a strict standard of confidentiality to ensure that protected health information (PHI) is secure
Handles irate members with an expertise in soft skills and de-escalation
Trains customer service representatives on a one on one basis
Pros
excellent pay and flexibilty
Cons
relocation
The most fun part of my job was investigating claims
Investigator Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2016
While working with Blue Cross Blue Shield, I have gained a lot of knowledge in clerical duties. I have become a team player, also there is a lot of times I was responsible for pre production reports. There is a variety of jobs to be completed in one day, and dead lines to met. Everyone in my department had to investigate every claim to make sure the claim did not have any mistakes. if a mistake was found on the claim, we had to fill out a info, and send back to provider. We also dealt with Certified mail, making sure we had enough claims were set aside for in house keyers, and making sure all claims were imaged and ready to keyed. The most enjoyable part of the job was variety. I love working with people, but I also like working by myself, in the quiet, we had times set aside for both.
good place
Data Analyst, Campaign Effectiveness (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
good place to work. some difficult to work with. Awesome culture! I would like to work here in the future again sometime. nerf gun wars were fun
Pros
culture, cafeteria, hours
Cons
very demanding, little training
Good work
QA Tester/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 18, 2016
Generally good work/life balance and opportunities to move around the company. Every two years you are encouraged to look for a new opportunity in the company, which keeps you fresh.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Budget
Customer Service
Team Associate, Hearing and Appeals Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2016
Busy, fast paced and dealing with different types of people
I learned a great deal about Medicare and Private Insurance
Management was great until the last position and they were not
Co-workers were all great everyone worked together as a team
Hardest part of the job was getting cussed at and yelled at and not being able to disconnect the call. And being on a 2 minute call time
Enjoyable part of the day was when it was over
Pros
Insurance learning experience and talking to all kinds of different people around the US
Cons
Having to try and answer customer calls within 2 minutes, Getting yelled at and cussed at by customers
Excellent workplace with exceptional management support.
Contract Security Portfolio Manager BCBSSC (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMay 17, 2016
BCBSSC conveys an exceptional management support ethos across the business to enhance the development and advancement of employees, contractors, and vendors.
A great work place
Implementation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 17, 2016
I enjoyed my years of employment with Blue Cross Blue Shield working with this organization. It has helped me to achieve the career goals and opportunities I currently have in my work career. It has taught me the leadership skills by working with a great management staff and customer service associates. Providing great internal and external customer service.
Excellent Opportunity
Senior Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2016
BCBCSIL has been a great employer for my skills and career. I enjoyed the time there and really liked meeting the interesting people who became my clients
Pros
Excellent Products and company Reputation
Cons
Insurance is changing due to regulation
good places to work
Software Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
good places to work but management is not good. benefit is also not that good. Location is good.

Most hard part of job is to dealing with micro management.
excellent company
Data Entry Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 15, 2016
data entry on all medical claims receive with decision making and problem solving to correct departments for payment and or adjustments on claims
Pros
integrity and professional
Cons
na
Good company to work for
Customer Advocate-Call center (Current Employee) –  TULSA, OKMay 12, 2016
I work in a call center with friendly coworkers. I enjoy helping members with the support of a good support team. I would recommend the company to others.
horrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 12, 2016
I would not recommend anyone to work there they are very disorganized and to not train properly. Lots of people who have been there for 20 plus years who do no like change and lots of favoritism over the CSR who brown nose the supervisor. Worst place to work
Productive and very comfortable atmosphere.
Input Processor / Inquire Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2016
I consistently followed corporate and departmental guidelines, policies and procedures. I really enjoyed working for Blue Cross Blue Shield.
Based on Production
Inquiry Analyst (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2016
Process Claims and Inquiries. Production based. Flexible schedule. Good benefits. Ability to work from home(depending on department)