Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,311 reviews matching the search
Great and fun job
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 6, 2016
I loved working at BCBS of MI. I absolutely hate I had to leave due to relocating to Louisiana. Very great pay and benefits. Job is really easy and the people you work with are a bunch of fun, even the managers! Love going to meetings and loved the cafeteria area. The only hard part, if I had to say, would be the number of calls waiting but that's it!! Everything else was great.
Pros
Lunch area, Pay, Benefits, Coworkers
Cons
Number of calls waiting
Outstanding Company as long as you avoid certain departments
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 12, 2015
I really enjoyed my career with BCBST and was blessed to grow with it. Excellent work environment and compensation/benefits. I was able to work in different areas of the company before landing in a department that is less desired by anyone to work in. Very stressful at times but overall enjoyed my years there.
Pros
Great Company with Awesome benefits/compensation
Cons
Poor management in some departments
Prpductive and very professional
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 14, 2015
Every day was a good day. Very calm and collective.
Helpful coworkers and management is very professional.
Advancement was based on your work performance and how well you understood the quality and quantity. Communication was very up to par when new things arrived. The most challenging part of the job is to keep inquiries down when the call volume was so high.
Pros
very clean
Cons
benefits and breaks
Good starter job
Claims professional (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 2, 2016
Working for BCBSNC is ok. It is a good job to find out where you want to be in life if you are unsure what you want to do with your life. There is a lot that can be learned while working here if you want to learn.
Cons
out sourcing, salary
Fluent
PRPC System Architect/Developer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2016
Dynamic and diverse environment. Growing fast with some growing pains. Loved the experience. Smart people who understand recruiting. Great mission and it really is respected and brought up all the time, it drives the projects.
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Managers
I really enjoy working for the company.
Customer Advocate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 29, 2016
Blue Cross Blue Shield has a diverse environment and is diligent in making sure the needs our met for both members and employees. The training process was in depth and there are always others who are there if needed.
Pros
Benefits.
Good company to work for
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 5, 2016
Interesting work. Wonderful benefits. No weekends. When I worked at Blue Cross there was a shift in the insurance industry that i was concerned about so I sought other oppurtunities
Good company with lots of changes in progress.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 7, 2016
Overall a good company, with flexibility to work from home periodically. Good benefits but little time to focus on professional development with increasing workload.
Excellent company to work for.
Customer Service Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYFebruary 6, 2016
They are a great company to work for. The benefits are wonderful. Always worked as a team. They did concentrate on numbers a lot. The total amount of calls we take, how long we are not taking calls. So it is difficult to just go to the bathroom.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Constantly being timed
I love to work at bcbs of fl
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2016
I enjoyed my eight year as a driver, became a safety and knowledge driver around Jacksonville, manage to finish my daily route with out any problems or accident. Got along with my co-workers.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
free lunch every friday.
Nice place to work
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXFebruary 3, 2016
We were on the phones with our clients most of the day. Enjoyed them very much because I was able to help them to save money and utilize their insurance benefits. Co-workers were all nice and fun to work with. It was easy to be a team player. I learned a lot about the insurance business.
Pros
8-5 job
Cons
was too far from my home
Fun place to work with relaxed but professional environment.
Corporate and Division Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2015
Assist Customers with call inquiries about insurance and benefits. Train and educate staff to handle general and irate telephone calls. Produce and update resources for education. Also, assist the mental health department with inquiries and assessments.
Pros
Excellent bernefits and competent management.
Cons
Pay Raises could be higher.
great place to work and learn about the healthcare industry
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 14, 2015
A typical working day included taking inbound call from providers and members, answering questions on claims and benefits. Explaining to members what copay are due and called the pharmacy to get prescriptions to go thru, this was a very challenging job and I enjoyed the time their.
Pros
great bonus checks
Cons
working seven days a week during the annual enrollment period
Solid company with good benefits
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma, Texas, Montana and New MexicoAugust 27, 2015
This is a solid company with good benefits. It appears that some advancement has to do more with your ability to network with decision makers and not your work ethic, experience or education.
Females tend to do well here, in comparison to any other classified minority group.

Management opportunities are often extended to those who have no prior experience managing people. This can be good or bad depending on the situation an individual finds themselves in and their career goals.

Not a bad place to work, but like all corporations, it all depends on where you land and what type of management is in place.
Pros
Cons
long hours during busy season
Excellent Company to work for
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 27, 2016
This company gave me a start into a new career that allowed me to advanced to a Finance team. Which lead me to obtaining more on the job training and advancement in salary and experience,
Enjoy working for this company.
Claims Examiner Phone (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 9, 2016
I did data entry at this job. I enjoy working there and learned a lot about key claims and adjusting claims.This company has great benefits and I left to advance myself.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
Good Place to work with good benefits
Executive Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 15, 2015
I had a good job working with fellow employees in a fun fast paced environment. The Benefits were very good as well as the hours of work. The hardest p.art of the job was year end when there were very long hours with no additional pay
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
inconsistent policies
Productive Enviroment with the Best Insurance!
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day for me would be arriving at 9:15 am for a 9:30 am shift. Setting up my computer to accommodate me through the day. Taking more than 60 inbound calls providing providers with benefits from members policy! I learned so much from this company including how to handle denied health claims.
Nice place to work as co workers are very friendly and professional
Sr. Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Berlin VtJanuary 27, 2016
This is a nice place to work. The co-workers are professional and fun to work with. The company is highly geared towards having there employees healthy and offer many workshops and benefits to assist you.
Shame based atmosphere - Virginia Minnesota
Member Rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia MinnesotaSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: good pay for this area, good benefits, hours are decent, no weekends, paid holidays. Cons: lack of communication with management, shame based atmosphere, good luck with trying to get time off must ask 90 days in advance and that includes for school events, dr appts. etc.. does not give raises, will hire on new hires at a higher pay grade then the senior reps. Forced overtime
Pros
good pay for area, great benefits, hours are decent, weekends off
Cons
Shame based atmosphere, must ask 90 days in advance for time off, no raises, forced overtime