Blue Cross Blue Shield
1,098 reviews

Blue Cross Blue Shield Employer Reviews

I loved helping people settle claims
Intermediate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lodi, CAJune 11, 2014
I loved helping people understand there insurance. My favorite part of this job was correcting and completing claims. I loved that they promote from within and help there employees feel like a team. I had so much fun with coworkers and my team leaders.
REVIEW
(AppleOne) Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), columbus gaJune 9, 2014
Pros: managment awesome
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work is assisting members with there insurance policies from payments to benefits going the extra mile to solve all there needs.
Great place to learn about Health Insurace
Clamis Assistant II (Former Employee), Florence SCJune 8, 2014
Pros: good insurance nobel work
Cons: repetitious work
Working for Blue Cross Blue Shield was my first clerical job during college. I learned a lot about bill coding office life, medical insurance and military insurance procedures I enjoyed this job.
There was a supportive work climate in a large and dynamic health insurance market
Director in Provider Network Management (Former Employee), Miami Fl.June 7, 2014
Pros: flexibility in approaching the work, flexibility as to prioritizing the work, and the resources available.
Cons: frequent need to travel to provider locations or other corporate offices, having to keep up to date with changing reimbursement models
A typical day would involve negotiating provider contracts and resolving reimbursement issues. A key challenge was finding the time to meet in person with selected providers. A plus was the dedication and hard work of the team.
Administrative Services Clerk (Former Employee), Berlin, VTJune 6, 2014
This was a great place to work. The work was not in an area I was familiar with but I jumped right in with both feet and enjoyed learning new things.
A great place to work
Enrollment/ eligibility processor - Large Groups (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAJune 5, 2014
Pros: great place to work for
Cons: quite a distance from home
I learned a lot of things especially HIPAA. I received very good training which made me do my job well. every one was great especially management. Loved all my fun co-workers. All my clients were very kind and generous.
Productive work place
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 4, 2014
Great work culture with high quality. Employee friendly and great Company process
productive and fun place to work
Healthcare Advisor (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 4, 2014
this was an non profit organization who helped foster kids who age out of foster care. I enjoyed helping others
Obama Care
Sr. Business Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 3, 2014
Learned about obama care and got to know how much goverment is spending to help the low income groups
Good Work place
Health Plan Advisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJune 3, 2014
Great Co workers
needs better management
good enviroment
good leads
works good with flexable hours
Extremely high tension that you carried with you all days and the pace was extremely fast every minute of the day.
Underwriters Claim Examiner (Former Employee), Topeka, KSJune 2, 2014
Pros: i realized how important it was to keep the record and i was making a contribution to society.
Cons: the job was actually 2 jobs the way it was set within the system.
The expectations of the work production, for example, 1 and 1/2 minutes per a claim sent by a provider or an individual, was not only extreme, but caused many claims to be processed incorrectly. Their appreciation of the work the employees performed was not shown. Taking a break or having lunch was always tricky because if you were having paper claims – more... and could not read them they took too long to process, so there was no time to leave your desk. They pulled a number out of the sky and it was unbearable. It was a pressure cooker about to explode because management had not perfected the changes in the computers that were coming with Obama care and management resented having to bring their computer system into the 21st century. My philosophy of a good work environment was so different than theirs that I could not work with the kind of management that was more interested in making a few very rich on the back of their workers. – less
n/a
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJune 2, 2014
This one here was also great, everyone I worked with was great and there was a lot of team work and that is how we got stuff done here. Making patients happy made us happy.
CPIM
Channel Partner Information Management (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2014
THIS COMPANY WAS THE BEST OF THE BEST WHEN IT COMES TO TREATING THERE EMPLOYEES LIKE TOP NOTCH EMPLOYEES, YOU WERE HAPPY TO GO TO WORK EVERYDAY TO WORK AS A TEAM
Enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMay 29, 2014
The cozy personalized desks the attire, the convenient meal breaks, the security, the members , the over all job was amazing!
Good Company to work for
Dental Information Center (Current Employee), Hingham, MAMay 24, 2014
Pros: room for advancement
Cons: manager
Wish there was a permanent position opened
You really need to bite your tongue when it comes to certain situations
Good workplace but needs to update business practices
Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 24, 2014
Good benefits, good people. Sometimes the IT solutions and business processes are too small for a company this size
Small bay with good co-workers
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Columbia, SCMay 22, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: working 10 hours overtime every week
The job was alright and in a typical day I would price claims most of the day. I started training other employees shortly after I was hired. Loved the co-workers that were there. The hardest part of the job was working mandatory ovetime 10 hours each week.
Positive, uplifting work enviorment!
Customer Advocate (Former Employee), Ennis, TXMay 22, 2014
HIPPA certified.
Very fast paced.
Very good co-workers.
Positive enviroment.
The hardest part of my job was being yelled and screamed at by upset customers, but it wasnt really awful.
I loved my job!
Caring place to work with great growth potential
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCMay 21, 2014
Pros: flexability
Cons: alot of sitting
Job is 8 hrs a day with a one hour break that can be taken all at once or separated into a break and lunch. I have learned to anticipate what other information the customer may need for future to avoid call backs. I learned billing skills, web support skills and several new system skills. The management really cares about the Customer Service Team and – more... what they can do to make our job better. Co-workers are great and work as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to sit so much. The most enjoyable part is talking with and assisting the customers – less
Work as a CSR for Claims and Customer Service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), MinnesotaMay 19, 2014
Pros: working hours
Cons: poor management, backstabbing coworkers, hiring preferences
Poor place to work, lots of clichés with employees and managers. You have to be the right gender and ethnic group to have a chance to move up. Managers will sabotage advancement chances.

About Blue Cross Blue Shield

Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC) is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned company – Read more

Blue Cross Blue Shield Photos