Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 4,071 reviews matching the search
Job work/life balance great
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNJune 6, 2017
If you want to be in a relaxed culture, generally, this is a good place to work. The most rewarding is working with the people that are passionate with community engagement. Employees are given hours of paid time off to volunteer to non profit organizations.
bcbs
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 6, 2017
I absolutely loved this position, the only things that I didn't like about this position is the fact the job was temporary, I would love to go back to bcbs any day of the week
Pros
good money
Cons
temp
great job----not secure
RN II--medical reviewer (Current Employee) –  Work from homJune 6, 2017
Enjoyed my work. Flexible work schedule (8 hours daily anytime between 6am--8pm) allowed my personal time to be flexible.

Unfortunately being a government contract, presently on furlough due to budget cuts to Medicare.
Very busy
Sr. Health Coordinator, Medicaid program (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 6, 2017
Great place to work if you want to remain busy all day. Atmosphere is friendly and mostly layed back. Goals maybe hard to attain at times. Company encourages community volunteers and rewards for such.
Excellent work life balance
System Analysis Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) is a federation of 36 separate United States health insurance organizations and companies, providing health insurance to more than 106[2] million Americans.[2] Blue Cross was founded in 1929 and became the Blue Cross Association in 1960, while Blue Shield emerged in 1939 and the Blue Shield Association was created in 1948. The two organizations merged in 1982.
Good balance of work/fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 5, 2017
Very good to employees. Benefits, atmosphere were wonderful. High paced job. Did not appear to be many opportunities at entry level to move up the ladder however.
Pros
Benefits, people, great training
Cons
promotions
Short but great experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Rockland, MAJune 5, 2017
For better or worse, I was given a lot of freedom in this role to make the most out of my internship. I elected not to learn about the day to day activities but instead I chose to hold several presentations to improve my public speaking skills.
Worst place I have ever worked
Senior Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
Working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona gave me anxiety and stress problems. I was miserable working here. The management is terrible and turnover is a huge problem here.
Pros
free stress and heart issues
Cons
You'll need the medical insurance
great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNJune 5, 2017
I worked here on contract so I did not get benefits directly from BCBSMN. Management was very supportive. Facilities were great. Culture was productive and fun loving.
No benifits for contractor
Sr. Cognos Developer / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 5, 2017
I worked as a contractor , no befits for contractor. Overall satisfaction was good , its good culture to work. Good learning during the period.
As my contract was over i am looking for new position
Pros
No benifits for contractor
Cons
No benifits for contractor
CLAIMS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJune 5, 2017
My job was very easy and simple. I really enjoyed it. I did not have any communication with customers. All I needed to do was enter data into our systems and make sure what I was inputting was correct.
Pros
I enjoyed everything about this job.
Cons
nothing that I can think of
Very professional great place to work for faimilies, great for advancement to grow.
Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2017
Very busy and fulfilling, great learning opportunites for advancing with the company.I learned several skills one creating excel spreadsheets for differant reports, communication skills, management of work and employees, organization skills. The work culture is diverse for every one. There was no hard part in my job. The most enjoyable part, is always having work to do and helpings our members with their needs.
Pros
Flexible hourr and benefits.
Cons
Health care costs keep going up.
Unqualified Mangement
Recovery Associate II (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 5, 2017
Supervisors and Managers were not trained in the area they were trying to lead. I was employed with this company for 3 years and we had 5 different supervisors and managers in that time frame.

Work practices would be put in place for 6-8 weeks at a time. They never gave the practices time to work before they were changing them. We have 9 people leave our department in 9 months because of this problem.

At the time Blue Cross had the Medicare Secondary Payer contract and they were 10,000 pieces are correspondences behind when I went to work for Blue Cross and they were still that far behind when I left.

Medicare didn't renew their contract with Blue Cross because of their inability to hire qualified people.
Pros
Decent benefits and salary
Cons
Unqualified Leadership
Good organization
Training Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 5, 2017
Good place to work if you have a specific goal in mind, every department is different and your career will depend on what you make it. Work hard and you will eventually move up
Generally good place employer
QA/Research (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 5, 2017
Most middle and upper management in operations areas are professional and respectful. However, there are still a few who are old school and treat employees like children.
Pros
Many opportunities for professional development.
Cons
Some managers in operations do not allow or encourage development
Great benefits
Large Group Auditor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 4, 2017
Clean, friendly, active, and team players. The building is remodeled and modern. Plenty of programs that benefit the workers. Gym. Great cafeteria with healthy food and expresso bar. You can also most the time work at home. Good pay.
Pros
Good health benefits, plenty of training, great office, and you can work at home.
Cons
Meet high standards, eval on monthly. You are QA'd allot. Can be stressful with long work hours.
N/a
Customer Service Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 4, 2017
This is a place of busisness that reallly does not care about or veterans. It is very sad what they have to go through just to get the medical attention they need.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Customer Service Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 3, 2017
My only qualm with this company is lack of job security. Because of credit checks jobs are always placed in jeopardy. Just because someone may not have A1 credit does not mean they are non-trustworthy in the workplace.
Demanding CSR work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 3, 2017
As a CSR there were many things about the medical insurance industry that you were required to know. The company trained you but quality work was expected.
a VERY fun loving place to work at
Front Desk Receptionist / commander center / Rover (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2017
Blue cross is a VERY fun loving place to work at, while working at Blue cross I learn that smiling can take you fare, you will be shock on the amount of people your smile make an impact on, yes just a smile, it will make them comfortable and friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval