Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Found 3,947 reviews matching the search
I very much liked working there!
Billing & Enrollment Auditor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 4, 2017
I very much liked working there! The managers were great, felt a part of the team even starting through a staffing agency! I would love to return to Blue Cross at any time if possible!
Great Company
Sr. Provider/Member Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2017
I loved working here. Everyone was great to work with and the culture was great. Management was great to work for. The drive to work was nice. Enjoyed my time here
great place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 3, 2017
great hours, pay, co-workers. tuition reimbursement and minimal travel for most positions. ease of computer programs and great benefits and PTO time accrual
Pros
pay, Pto, work hours
Cons
had to transfer to other positions
nice place to work very diversify
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAMay 3, 2017
Learned a lot. Training class are get well informed teachers. Very team was all ways will to help you. Great benefit and very flexible. The typical day was talking on the phone to providers.
Pros
free lunch dressing casual. Part time work
Cons
being on the phone all day
great enviroment
Pharmacy Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 3, 2017
good enviroment fun to be around, met a lot of outgoing and energetic people, i learned a great deal about medications, and how the insurance side works
enjoyed most of my time there
Registered nurse case manager (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAMay 3, 2017
Love the people I met was an overall great experience. the work life balance could of been better. The management was not good. job security was a problem at times as well. also very micro managing
Pros
co workers
Cons
micro managed
Caring company
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 3, 2017
A typical day at work is dealing with day to day clients. Providing the best customer service as possible. I've learn to not take irate calls personal
Pros
bonuses
Claims Customer Service Advocate II (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCMay 3, 2017
I enjoy being a Bluecross Blueshield of South Carolina employee because management makes sure their employees have the tools they need to get the job done efficiently and to meet service level needs.
Type of work
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMay 3, 2017
I respond to any messages in our scheduling system, and walk the doctor through the plan for next day. The the majority of my duties include assisting patients, both in person and on the phone – I schedule their appointments and help address any issues.
Busy atmosphere
Client Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 2, 2017
Workplace culture was busy and never boring. Always a problem to fix. Co-workers were a fun and knowledgeable group to be around, The hardest part of the job was staying after hours if the problem was not resolved.
Wokr life balance
Service Advocate V, National Strategic Accounts (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 2, 2017
I was there almost 19 yrs and they never took my personal life serious enough on what was going on with it and let me go. I didn't make the amount of money I should have been making for the valuable employee they called me. They gave me so many excuses but I was blessed to have this job for so long. Time to move forward
Pros
lots of bonuses, gifts and they fed the eemployees well
Cons
Company didnt value the employees as they should always
good
Performance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2017
performance engineering. good to work here. worked in various applications. Worked with the monitoring team non production support. good place for growth.
Just ok
Customer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 2, 2017
The position I held at BCBS isn't for everyone I felt that it was too difficult to advance. The breaks and lunches were maddening and the endless amount of calls.
nice place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIMay 1, 2017
flexible work schedule,, I have an excellent manager, typical workplace culture, company offers a lot of opportunities to volunteer and help the community
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great Company
Mail Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSMay 1, 2017
Easy going company that has to follow federal regulations regarding health insurance and client standards to keep the information secure. I have worked in multiple departments and have made a lot of friends. The first department i was in I was a delivery clerk, then progressed up to an assistant supervisor in that department. Then I moved into the Cafe where I was an assistant cook that prepped the meals for about 500 to 1000 people for breakfast and lunch, then I moved into the outgoing mail department where I deliver mail interoffice and post office mail that we have metered.
Looking for job stability and a great pay?
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 1, 2017
Well, AR BCBS is the place for your to be. This is a GREAT company with many benefits. The opportunity for advancement is available and you will receive all of the necessary training to fulfill your job duties and expectations. Don't miss out!
Pros
Cons
When you find it, let me now
Excellent Workplace Culture
Network Manager I (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 1, 2017
A typical day at BCBST is fast-paced but balanced. The company fosters a culture of health, providing plenty of support for a healthy lifestyle. Benefits are generous and competitive.
Benefits
Cons
Sometimes work more than 40 hours/week as needed
Fast-paced, stressful, and chaotic
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 1, 2017
The company offers great benefits such as healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time vacation, and discounts. In addition, they will also pay to further your education.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and engaging
Testing Analyst, Adjustment clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2017
We were a small team that coordinated our test plans. Each of us applied different knowledge as we all came from different areas of the company. Management was hands on and very helpful when we required additional help to complete all projects in a timely manner. To apply the knowledge from the years made me very happy to be able to do my projects in a timely manner and that I am contributing to members satisfaction.
Pros
Flexible start time
Didn't seem to be room for advancement at the time
Customer Service Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 1, 2017
Assisted customers as well as medical personnel with benefit and claims information. The job was pretty easy (customer service side), the claims were a little harder because we didn't get adequate training on the claims. There was a lot of mandatory overtime. When I worked there, it was said that if they liked you on the phones and you had good chemistry with the customers, they would keep you there. Thus was my issue and why I said that I didn't have room for growth. Although I did get invitations to go to other departments, it was up to my manager to approve it. She never would, nor would she give a reason why. She has since retired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Cross Blue Shield. Our community is ready to answer.