Blue Cross Blue Shield
1,533 reviews

Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Reviews

Marketing & Sales Intern (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 23, 2015
Good opportunity to move up the ladder. Get great sales experience and have ability to make bonuses based on your level of sales.
Very Challenging and fun work place
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Durham, NCMarch 23, 2015
It was very challenging working with BCBSNC but at the same time it was fun. The management and co workers are very cooperative and make the work environment very enjoyable with team lunches every week. I really enjoyed working with BCBSNC.
good
Senior Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), Richardson, TXMarch 23, 2015
good in management and nice job culture
i had learned so many things by this company
i dont have any hardest feelings in my job
Interesting and challenging work experience with industry leader
Pod Leader / Warehouse developer (Current Employee), Boston, MAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: excellent compensation, work from home allowed, friendly people
Cons: infrastructure: slow, underpowered, overused servers with poor load balancing; personal pc's also slow
I was able to interact with a variety of people with varied skillsets, and learned from all of them, information not necessarily directly related to my role but which provided a broader vista and greater understanding of issues relative to my work environment
this is one of my favorite places to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Highland Park, MIMarch 21, 2015
this is a great place i made lots of friends and had a good time working with others to get the job done. Worked well with others on projects it was fun
Diverse and fun place to work
Construction Engineer/Driver/Mover (Former Employee), Richardson, TexasMarch 20, 2015
Pros: diversity
Cons: not enough help
A typical work day involves completing repair orders in a timely mannaer.
The company was flexible. The benefits were great.
Company seeks employee input to improve workplace; supportive of career advancement; creatively seek ways to increase customer/employee satisfaction
RN (Current Employee), NCMarch 20, 2015
Pros: flexible scheduling; benefits
Supportive work team and department leadership. Strives to maintain customer centered service in meeting best interest of customers. Requires dedication and strong organizational and time management skills.
Great company
Data Entry, Pre-Enrollment, Temporary (Former Employee), chattanooga, tnMarch 19, 2015
I have temped and worked full time for BCBSTN for multiple years and its always a great experience. they are fun down to earth with a go get 'em attitude,
Training is efficient and will provide with skills needed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: short breaks
Schedule is set and days off are provided. Great health benefits and PTO available. The location I worked at had quite a bit of turn over and job security and happiness was an issue. Communication with management was often difficult.
Quality Professional Workplace
CSR/Claims Examiner/Technician/Manager (Former Employee), Springfield, ILMarch 18, 2015
Nothing bad can be said about Blue Cross Blue Shield. Great place to work and generous benefits. BCBS was/is like a family.
Good Company
Teamlead/Claims Rep (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 18, 2015
A good company to work for. Great benefits and wonderful people to work with. This is another company that cares about there employees.
productive, great supervisor attention to workers,
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMarch 17, 2015
Pros: good hours, pay and flexibility
Cons: short breaks
adjusting medical claims, scanning claims into system
Learned the importance for the privacy acts
co-workers were friendly and easy to work with
hardest part of the job was productivity standards
most enjoyable thing about the job was the approachability of the management with my personal information.
good place to work
coder (Former Employee), Florence, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: i can't think of any
I enjoyed working at champus. I learned alot. I developed more computer skills and improved my memory. There was room for advancement,but unfortunately the timing was wrong. My father was diagnosed with cancer and my mother was legally blind so that I had to quit to take care of them. I took the route carrier job because I could take them with me so they wouldn't be home alone. I don't regret taking care of them but it put a hold on my career.
Interacting with co-workers, was an enjoyable part of my work day.I would make copies of the claims that need to be extend, and I did the coding for psych and physical therapy claims.
Productive workplace
medical reviewer for military (Former Employee), Surfside Beach, SCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: work schedule was flexible
Cons: no cons
Although this was a Temp. job, the orientation staff was excellent, co-workers and management helpful. Hours flexible with plenty of overtime.
Busy office environment with great staff
Receptionist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 16, 2015
Pros: fun environment to work in.
Cons: was only temporary position, no health care offered.
The hardest part of the job and most enjoyable part of being receptionist at a busy health insurance office were closely related. It was difficult to assist irate customers and impatient people in person as well as on the phone, but the rewarding part was seeing them through to a positive outcome, using crisis management skills I developed during years of working at group homes.

These skills also came in handy assisting co-workers with difficult clients while balancing incoming phone calls. While stressful, this was rewarding to be involved in solution and building a positive environment to work in as well as building and maintaining a correct and professional image for Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina.
Nice benefits
BI Architect & Team Lead (Former Employee), Oklahoma, TXMarch 15, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: not much to learn
Good company to work with but not much to learn since its 10 years behind in technology.Some groups have a lot of corruption.They have very good benefits
excellent opportunity
Claims & Customer Service (Former Employee), Marshall, TXMarch 11, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: travel distance
Claims Examiner and Customer Service for great insurance company that covered claims for Illinois, Texas, Oklahoma, & now Montana
Very Stressful
Provider Advisor II (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMarch 11, 2015
Honestly, the best thing about working for this company would have to be the benefits. However, you are not really awarded the time to use them.
liked every one I worked with
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Senior Claims (Former Employee), Phoenix AZMarch 10, 2015
It was a fun job learning every thing I can about insurance. Every one I worked with were kind and help you out with anything.
Naperville location stressful job, low pay, bad union contract
Customer Advocate Specialist II (Current Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: The prestige of working for BCBS
Cons: pay, union contact, strict company policies
This is a very difficult and stressful job
The pay at the Naperville location is lackluster and the union specific to the Naperville location is not ideal
Employment is made difficult by the companies very stringent policies further adding to an already stressful job

About Blue Cross Blue Shield

Health Care Service Corporation (HCSC)¬†is a licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The mutually owned¬†company – Read more

Blue Cross Blue Shield Salaries