Blue Diamond Growers Employee Reviews

Great work envirnoment with room to grow
H.R Assistant (Starting) (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 11, 2017
Best job I ever had with great benefits and uplifting managers. I've learned from behind the desk duties to out on the floor in the plant. If you wanted to learn they wanted to teach you.
Pros
Great health benefits, great work envirnoment, room to grow
Cons
none in mind
Great employees and management
Seasonal Employee (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 17, 2017
Busy seasonal work with friendly colleagues and supervisors. Competitive benefits and salary. Management makes sincere effort to show employee appreciation.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 25, 2017
Blue diamond gave me a chance to work in the office in stead of staying in the warehouse it was so many things I do in that building from answering phone marketing copies delivering office supplies to other biuldings.
Cons
Terrific place to work and grow professionally!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2017
I am proud to work for Blue Diamond Growers and to be with a company with such rich California history, well respected brand and products and great workplace culture. A very nice place to work at!
Pros
Company culture, good work/life balance, wonderful products and great people!
Cons
401K is fair, there could be a better match
August 31, 2017

Thank you for your comment, Blue Diamond Growers strives to be a great place to work and are glad you agree!

bad management
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 29, 2017
Management does not care for it employees. to quick to want to let you go. Training is a sink or swim. Forced to work long hours. Some people can take it easy while others have to work harder that are doing the same position.
August 9, 2017

We take your concerns seriously and we care very much about the type of work environment that we offer and are dedicated to being an Equal Opportunity Employer.

ok place to work
Laboratory Technician/Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2017
Physically demanding.
Good exercise.
Almonds taste good!
Shift work on the production line.
Variety of employment opportunities.
Historic building.
Employee discounts at the gift shop on site.

Thank you for your feedback and being part of the Blue Diamond Growers family

productive fast paced work
Grader room production lead (Former Employee) –  4800 sisk road modesto caMay 24, 2017
Work days are different day to day depending what is going on. I learned 5s and to make and sop. I learned to be a forklift instructor. Work moral is low with new management and changes in handbook. The hardest part of the job is dealing with so many people. The most enjoyable part is seeing progression in others and in the workplace.
Pros
luncheons, awards
Cons
mandatory overtime, favorites
Everyone there is so nice
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 13, 2017
It was great working there they taught me a lot the people I was working with were so friendly always made me feel welcomed and the bosses were understanding and if you ever got hurt doesn't matter if it was just a tiny cut they always worried and made sure you got the help you needed
Pros
Fun people and work Kept you busy so it went by fast
Cons
No cons it was honestly a good job
August 31, 2017

Thank you for your comment, we are glad working for Blue Diamond Growers was a positive experience for you!

Could of gone better...
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAApril 8, 2017
Not sure what it is about the salida plant could be the people or the team leads that make this place a nightmare to work. Benefits are great some co workers are great but I feel sorry for the people that have to put up with the team leads especially graveyard.
Benefits
Cons
Having No life
May 16, 2017

Growing Company
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2017
Management exhibits strong leadership and a commitment to making Blue Diamond a great place to work. The largest company in a growing industry, with plans for continued growing.
good job
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Salida, CAMarch 9, 2017
i was with the company about 2 years and i miss working with them, they do care about the people at work, they do what they can to make everyone happy.
Pros
fun job
Cons
best place
Beware of ineffective management
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CaliforniaFebruary 11, 2017
BDG is the poster child for the "good old boys" club. One Site Director is a great admirer of self-help books on manufacturing and leadership so he can mask his shortcomings in both areas. Director of Engineering is an autocrat and his inept management of both contractors and scope creep is costing the growers big time. If you can check out your brain and leave your integrity at the door this is the place to work so go for it!

The best thing I can say is that the Turlock maintenance department is the only bright spot in this entire organization.
Pros
Good pay and benefits for hourly employees
Cons
Lots of drama, office politics are rampant, management is weak and ineffective
A very decent job.
Truck Scales Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2017
I don't think there is a such thing as a perfect company, but Blue Diamond is probably as close as it gets. The pay is generous, the working environment is positive.. Holiday time is wonderful, plenty of time off to spend with loved ones. They're pretty considerate. You learn a various amount of skills in whichever department you work. Management teams seem to work well together and get things across efficiently. I don't think you'll have any real complaints working here.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
No pension plan
Ok
Main Production Line (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 16, 2016
They hire through a temp agency if you are luck enough to get in. It is boring, tedious work. Too much drama. Loud. Gloomy.
Got performance review early
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 19, 2016
Same like last year. How is it no matter how hard you try, the result same and I was told my merit before I finished my review? Saving grace, most people I work with and see regularly are pretty decent, long time employees who are my family.
Pros
Good long time employees
Cons
No longer happy place, no more future opportunities
Horrible managment team that has no care in the world for their employees.
Advanced Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAOctober 18, 2016
Great pay, poorly managed facility in Turlock. This place pays well so they expect you to work extra hard, even unsafely! They fire employees for any reason, like asking too many questions or someone else was fired because he took too much time after his father died! The management creates a very harsh work environment. My co-workers were the best part of this place.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Hostile management creating a horrible work environment.
Top heavy
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2016
This company hires too many chiefs not enough indians. Long time employees are overlooked from what i was told. I see high turnover certain areas.
Pros
Day to day people are pretty nice, pay ok
Cons
High turnover, no advancement :(
Decent pay and benefits with the worst management I have ever encountered.
Maintenance Mechanic B (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 4, 2016
The work was not bad, but the mandatory 6-7 days a week really leave you no room for any sort of life. Management in maintenance keeps people against each other in order to cover their own short comings. I never received any sort of training or coaching. Lot's of family working under family members and are given a free pass on a lot of things. The Favoritism is rampant with management promoting the people who talk bad behind peoples backs and bring them food or just generally suck up. Blue Diamond as far as maintenance jobs go is the bottom of barrel, I would highly recommend not taking a job with this company.
Pros
some co-workers, pay/benefits.
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Inept shift leaders, Lack of job security.
General Labor/sorter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I love working for this company, there is always things to learn and do I find working in the diverse atmosphere is good great place to work.
Pros
Good Pay, and benifits
Cons
seasonal work for the first few seasons
Productive and fun with happy people
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 23, 2015
Typical day at work: Working as a team member has been very beneficial. Learning different tasks from management on the importance of sanitary conditions. What I learned: Learn to sanitize properly. The hardest part of the job is: There is none
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning different chemicals for sanitation.
Working with my co-workers has been fun. Getting to know who they are and they things they did in their life.
Management has been a lot of fun to work with because of their personalities.
Pros
Christmas bonus, free safety dinners
Cons
High turn over rate

Comment – February 21, 2016

THERE IS A LOT OF DRAMA AND EXTREMELY UNHAPPY PEOPLE THAT WORK AT THE BLUE DIAMOND COMPANY. IT'S REALLY SAD THAT MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE COMPANY THAN IT'S EMPLOYEES. WHEN I FIRST STARTED THERE I WAS A VERY HAPPY PERSON. THEN AFTER SEEING HOW PEOPLE TREAT OTHER PEOPLE I BECAME VERY UNHAPPY AND WANTED TO LOOK FOR ANOTHER JOB. SURE THE MONEY ISN'T BAD, BUT FOR ME IT WASN'T WORTH DEALING WITH THE DRAMA AND THE STRESS THE PEOPLE PUT ON OTHER PEOPLE.