Blue Diamond Growers Employee Reviews

Productive and fun with happy people
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 23, 2015
Typical day at work: Working as a team member has been very beneficial. Learning different tasks from management on the importance of sanitary conditions. What I learned: Learn to sanitize properly. The hardest part of the job is: There is none
The most enjoyable part of the job is learning different chemicals for sanitation.
Working with my co-workers has been fun. Getting to know who they are and they things they did in their life.
Management has been a lot of fun to work with because of their personalities.
Pros
Christmas bonus, free safety dinners
Cons
High turn over rate
Great Company, more than fair with its employees
Shipping & Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 5, 2015
In the short time I worked with BD, I found it to be the ideal company especially given the times we live in now.

BD is not one of those companies driven by profit. they pay well, benefits are outstanding and job/life balance is outstanding
sorter role
Sorter, consumer packer, general labor (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 16, 2015
seasonal work, ok co-workers, fair supervisors
very long days kind of difficult for single parents.
a lot of departments
Pros
great pay
Cons
no challenges
Professional Enviroment
Cost Accounting (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2015
Blue Diamond is a great Company with a lot of benefits, very stable and balanced with professional people, close to Sacramento Downtown.
Sanitation
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 6, 2015
Learned a lot got certified as a forklift driver and transporter. Worked graveyard which was hard on our family. enjoyed the work and pay. The hardest part was the shift. I enjoyed my coworkers. Management was not that great they totally overlooked good employees who always showed up on time for any type of advancement. Me being one I tried to move up and they would shoot me down
Pros
great health insurance
Cons
overlooked good employees and wouldnt give a chance to advance
Let me get my homework done and payed really really well
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Sanger, CAOctober 29, 2014
Aside from the fact this was seasonal work and we started working sundays, it was probably the best job I have had yet. However, being a college student planning on getting married in the near future, I need something a little more solid.
Pros
plenty of down time, pay, benefits
Cons
i was bored a lot, late nights, and only seasonal
The Best Place to Work!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Turlock, CAAugust 28, 2014
Blue Diamond Growers continues to experience double digit growth because it provides a high quality product. The Company has a values-rich environment; integrity, partnership, quality, and innovation are a way of life and they are attributed to our success. Sure, there are times when you work long days, but it is production and the increasing volumes and customer orders have to be completed. The Company is growing and it's great to be associated with a name-brand product.
Pros
personal and professional growth for those who work for it.
Cons
absolutely nothing!
blue diamond was a ok work place
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 7, 2014
blue diamond was a ok place to work at i like hours co-worker was ok the work was easy
Pros
we had three 15minutes break we bring our own food
Cons
short breaks long lunch
Very Productive Workplace to work for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 5, 2014
Blue Diamond Growers was a fast paced steady job I was there 5 years and they Laid me off due to lack of work.
Pros
treated fairly
Cons
short staffed not enough help all the time work alone
Hope you like to kiss butt.
production (Current Employee) –  ModestoJuly 25, 2014
Work hours subject to change at a moments notice. Forget a home life, unscheduled overtime & stress are the norm. Get used to it.
Management is possibly the worst aspect of the job. Harassment, retaliation, lies. None of those are Blue Diamond core values, though they are practiced on a daily basis.
The one and only enjoyable part of the job is your co-workers. Everything else just blows. Too bad we all need a paycheck.
Pros
you get to leave
Cons
you have to show up
work hard rewarded great
Receiving Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ballico, CAJune 11, 2014
great place to work for with great management you couldnt ask for a better job.
Good job for starting out
Production (Former Employee) –  salidaMay 1, 2014
For a person with minimal experience and education this is a great company to start with. There are lots of chances for small promotions from sweepers to machine operators. Once you've reached the top of the lower tier jobs then it just becomes a dead end place to work without many chances to move up or learn more then the basics of a job and without any pay raises (minus occasionally cost of living increase which everyone gets regardless of performance).
They only seem to promote to management/supervisor positions if you have an in with a higher up manager. This tends to lead to supervisors and managers that know a lot about almonds but know almost nothing about managing people.
There is not much camaraderie and often fingers are pointed often since everything seems to be a competition for production. Focus seems to have moved to running as much as possible and making the most money regardless of anything else compared to when it seemed more about teamwork and quality.
In summary it's a good starting career, but can turn dead end fast. However pay and benefits are great and seem the only driving force for motivation.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
long work weeks and dead end place to work.
Terrible place to work.
Maint. Mech (Former Employee) –  Sisk Rd. Modesto, Ca.April 7, 2014
This place has the worst management I have ever encountered in my career of 45 yrs. as a maintenance mechanic. Favoritism is rampant. Harassment happens daily to those not in good with the boss.If you want to save your job here you have to curry serious favor.You will be fired at the smallest instigation, without prior knowledge of the problem, for the most trivial things. People are to be used and abused here, so dont think about working here.
This job is a three star job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 12, 2014
tpyical day is clock in and have brief outline
on what going for that day and proceed.
I learned is not to be in one area long because
other ares need attention for moving the fright
smoothly and not to damage the if possible but
some of the fright comes already slightly damage
then i have it to quality control.I work alone
most of the time so i get to talk noone until
lunch time or after work.
the hardset part is getting the fright off the
loading track when come around to me. the enjoyable is set down and relaxing.
Pros
a desent job
Cons
not to damage the fright if necessary
Good Job
Talent Acquisition Manager/Internal Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2013
• Leads hiring managers and hiring teams through the recruiting/talent acquisition process; works to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and search assignments.
• Formulates recruiting strategies and goals.
• Analyzes and tracks staffing and business unit trends; makes appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the organization.
• Advises hiring managers and HR representatives on recruiting policies and regulations; works to clarify and resolve recruiting questions or problems.
• Functions as a member of the candidate interview team; uses of face-to-face behavioral-based interviewing methodologies.
• Oversees the post-interview debrief/feedback with the interview team and candidates
favoritism
Oil Roaster Operator (Former Employee) –  sacramentoAugust 9, 2013
blue diamond is number one favoritism company lots of family members working in same department.they always do whatever they want if they say something its complaint if u try to say something office people never ever listen you.
Poor Management
Operations (Former Employee) –  ModestoJuly 1, 2013
BD Growers overall has poor management. From Corporate Sacramento to newest facility in Turlock. Management operates in "silos' and uses old school managerial techniques to bully employees. Operating moto is: "The only two departments that matter are operation and sales. Sales because they sell the product and operations because they make the product...the rest of you are jock straps...here for support!!!!"
warehouse with demanding work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  sacramento, caMarch 5, 2013
Make you work 12 hour days, 6 to 7 days a week then lays you off when they are done working you. And they also say you are only allowed two sick days in a year an no vacation or you are fired.
Cons
hours, enviroment, etc.
no ping pong or anything like that! just an small office with a soda manchine!
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sanger, CAFebruary 25, 2013
loading and unloading trucks! moving product to get weight and price! loging in log sheet! my co-worker was very helpful and giving directions!
Pros
love working for the company
Cons
no cons
long hours/ poor management
receiving (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2012
The pay and the co workers were the best part of this job. Work hours we're long with mandatory overtime being told at the last minute. Not really a good place for balance of family life and work life.
Pros
co workers/pay
Cons
mandatory overtime/management