Blue Diamond Growers

Blue Diamond Growers Employer Reviews

This job is a three star job
Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: a desent job
Cons: not to damage the fright if necessary
tpyical day is clock in and have brief outline
on what going for that day and proceed.
I learned is not to be in one area long because
other ares need attention for moving the fright
smoothly and not to damage the if possible but
some of the fright comes already slightly damage
then i have it to quality control.I work alone
most of the time so i get – more... to talk noone until
lunch time or after work.
the hardset part is getting the fright off the
loading track when come around to me. the enjoyable is set down and relaxing. – less
Good Job
Talent Acquisition Manager/Internal Recruiter (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 16, 2013
• Leads hiring managers and hiring teams through the recruiting/talent acquisition process; works to identify personnel needs, workforce planning strategies, and search assignments.
• Formulates recruiting strategies and goals.
• Analyzes and tracks staffing and business unit trends; makes appropriate recommendations that will positively impact the – more... organization.
• Advises hiring managers and HR representatives on recruiting policies and regulations; works to clarify and resolve recruiting questions or problems.
• Functions as a member of the candidate interview team; uses of face-to-face behavioral-based interviewing methodologies.
• Oversees the post-interview debrief/feedback with the interview team and candidates – less
favoritism
Oil Roaster Operator (Former Employee), sacramentoAugust 9, 2013
blue diamond is number one favoritism company lots of family members working in same department.they always do whatever they want if they say something its complaint if u try to say something office people never ever listen you.
Poor Management
Operations (Former Employee), ModestoJuly 1, 2013
BD Growers overall has poor management. From Corporate Sacramento to newest facility in Turlock. Management operates in "silos' and uses old school managerial techniques to bully employees. Operating moto is: "The only two departments that matter are operation and sales. Sales because they sell the product and operations because they make the product...the – more... rest of you are jock straps...here for support!!!!" – less
warehouse with demanding work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), sacramento, caMarch 5, 2013
Cons: hours, enviroment, etc.
Make you work 12 hour days, 6 to 7 days a week then lays you off when they are done working you. And they also say you are only allowed two sick days in a year an no vacation or you are fired.
no ping pong or anything like that! just an small office with a soda manchine!
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Sanger, CAFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: love working for the company
Cons: no cons
loading and unloading trucks! moving product to get weight and price! loging in log sheet! my co-worker was very helpful and giving directions!
long hours/ poor management
receiving (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAOctober 13, 2012
Pros: co workers/pay
Cons: mandatory overtime/management
The pay and the co workers were the best part of this job. Work hours we're long with mandatory overtime being told at the last minute. Not really a good place for balance of family life and work life.
poor management... some good working people.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), ModestoJuly 4, 2012
Pros: very few
Cons: many... bad culture and values
BDG does have some opportunity for advancement, but management is full of condescending, arrogant, old people. Not all of them, but certaintly most of them. Blue Diamond offers a good benefits package and decent pay, but you're subject to working seven days a week during the busy season. I'm glad I worked there for as long as I did. Training wasn't – more... great but i still learned a lot. If it wasn't for terrible managing in some departments this may actually be a good place to work. – less
great work place to grow into.
Forklift operator (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJuly 3, 2012
Pull orders and put them on the dock.I learned how to use a RF scanner. Worked with team player's. Good management team.
growing company , good benefits
Grower's Inspector (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 14, 2012
Pros: good benefits, good opportunity to advance
Cons: subject to seasonal lay off
An old but growing company. great benefits , good management .
Manufacturing so hard , noisy and dirty.
Overall A Great Learning Experience
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CaApril 12, 2012
Pros: free almonds!
I was greatful for this postion and having it last as long as it did. It was a pleasure working for this company! Though in all honesty, I need to be working in a position offering more challenges and an environment where my skills, strengths and talents can be fully utilized.
A great place to work
Supervisor/Mechanic (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMarch 21, 2012
I worked for BDG 29 years and enjoyed every day. Benefits and pay are great, I left on good terms to learn another trade.The building industry turned so it did'nt turn out so well, but BDG taught me alot in management, maintainece and warehousing.

About Blue Diamond Growers

Blue Diamond Growers is one nutty business. Some 3,000 California almond growers belong to the cooperative, which is a top global – Read more