About Blue Harbor:
Based in Portland, Oregon, Blue Harbor Senior Living is a growing senior living company, currently operating senior living communities in seven states. Blue Harbor’s home office provides top-level support services for all of our senior living communities. This open position presents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced culinary professional to join the home office team of our growing and dynamic organization.
The Regional Food Service Director will provide education and training for community management team members and, in particular, the community chefs, regarding policies and procedures governing the food services program, through in-service learning modules, staff interaction and hands-on training.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Culinary arts degree and/or chef certification or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum five years experience in fine dining or high volume cooking including at least three years of multistate regional responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of nutrition as it applies to the management of recipes, menus and senior health.
- Ability to develop a food services budget for multiple facilities and assist facility management in successfully maintaining that budget.
- Ability to be a team player that interacts with facility personnel in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability and willingness to travel, often with little or no notice.
- Ability to delegate duties and responsibilities while motivating personnel.
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) and health and safety regulations regarding food service.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
To visit Blue Harbor communities to evaluate food program, enhance culinary knowledge of staff, ensure Blue Harbor procedures are being followed, establish work plans for kitchen and confirm that all assigned facilities are in 100 percent compliance with HACCP/ServSafe guidelines to ensure clean, safe and sanitary kitchen environment by:
- Interacting with community managers, community chefs, food services staff and residents regarding the food services program.
- Planning and implementing menus and recipes that reflect a high standard for quality and provide nutritional value, variety and appeal to residents.
- Monitoring community food quality and providing suggestions for improvement. Establishing standardized menus, recipes and purchasing.
- Providing orientation and training for community managers in all areas of food service and serving in a consultant capacity as a resource for information and support. Planning and providing training for food services staff as needed.
- Developing and implementing food services policies setting standards for food purchasing, preparation and service, sanitation, inventory and cost control.
- Developing sanitation standards and ensure that facilities meet these standards.
- To perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular attendance is required.
- Ability to keep all business and operations information confidential.
- Desire and ability to be a team player.
- Ability to communicate in English.
To Apply - If this sounds like a place you can invest your creative passions for quality quisine and serving seniors, please click "Apply" and submit your cover letter with salary requirements and resume.