Blue Lynx Media

Blue Lynx Media United States Employee Reviews

Awesome place of Employment, relaxed and laid back
Circulation Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 19, 2013
Pros: free coffee and sodas able to wear jeans daily
Work completed on a "need to be completed by" schedule, learned about the newspaper and its Billing/Accounting side. Supervisors are helpful and courteous helping us to obtain the goals for the quarter. Co-workers have become friends because of the small departments we have. The hardest part will be leaving as our jobs have been outsourced. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, enjoyed the work and the people.
great team
Payroll Processor - Contractor (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 14, 2013
great atmosphere to come in and work. good leadership team.
Expected more and received less than any company before!
Cannot say (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 26, 2013
Pros: can't think of any except the coffee & soda
Cons: management is horrific
I expected at least average management from a company that was created from and with a Chicago Tribune prior management team but discovered that the pay was low and the expectations were much higher than one person can accomplish even with overtime. When I was hired, I was informed of the position responsibilities and soon after, discovered that I was expected to do the job of 2 people and not at all what I was hired to do. Co-workers were great but management was the worst that I have encountered in over 20 years. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to end a day after 10+ hours. I would NOT recommend that anyone accept a position with this company or any of it's Tribune counter-parts.
Great but unstable place to work
General Ledger Accountant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 12, 2013
This company's accounting department is being outsourced.
Advertising Receivables
Principal Team Lead (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJuly 2, 2013
Pros: good department management
I have learned alot about how the advertising industry works and what is required to place ads in News Papers and Online. This has been a very educational company
Good Colleagues Bad Management
Senior Accountant II (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXDecember 8, 2012
Pros: free coffe and drinks, easy work, good colleagues
Cons: bad manangement, very bad accounting process, no bonues, no raises
Company started 2 years ago a subsidiary of Chicago Tribune Company. They lost 60% of the origianl hires since the company started due to bad accounting process and very incompent management. Would be good place to work if only want a pay check anyone who is looking to enhance their career should stay away from this place.
Very casual.
Data Support Specialist (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXOctober 7, 2012
Pros: gourmet coffee, free soda. casual attire.
Cons: short on desktop support.
You can grab some gourmet coffee in the morning before you head to your work station. Very laid back and casual. Just don't wear shorts and your fine. Work is simple and straight forward.
Blue Lynx Media
Senior Accountant (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 17, 2012
Pros: good work life balance and decent pay
Cons: bad management, lack of growth, high turnover
a shared service center for the Chicago Tribune Company.

More data entry than regular accounting work.
Empty Promises
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 17, 2012
This company started out being a fun and laid back environment, with a lot of promises of growth opportunities as it was an up and coming company. After almost two years with the company, none of the promises have been fullfilled. What was once perks with the company have now been taken away with the growth. Looking for a more fullfilling position with an established company.
Over all Blue Lynx Media is good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Lewisville, TXJune 14, 2012
New company with some great ideal and a little growing pains

Blue Lynx Media Salaries