Position Title: Senior Electrical Engineer – AC Electrical System Design
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Billable ratio: 80%
Coordinates: Project Engineers and Project Designers
This position shall be focused on designing solar photovoltaic (PV) farm site electrical features including AC collection systems, switchgear, protection devices and Supervisory Control And Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems. All site designs and communications capabilities shall meet or exceed the requirements as described in the local/national codes, the utility company Interconnection Agreement (IA) and any customer requirements. In many cases the solar arrays we are designing are larger than 50 acres in total area and have communications and control features with multiple parties.
- Engineering responsibility for resource efficient AC power system architectures on commercial and utility scale photovoltaic (solar) generation systems.
- Medium voltage (up to 69kV) design and engineering for conductors, protection devices, transformers and switchgear.
- Take responsible charge for electrical engineering projects and coordinating with multiple disciplines to deliver projects.
- Design and implementation of plant power relay and automation systems, SCADA systems and the required Information Technology systems to meet utility and/or regional transmission operator requirements.
- Mentor other engineering staff to document and develop industry best practices and design standards.
- Manage project engineers and designer-drafters to produce AutoCAD-based designs and drawings.
- Proactively prepare and present progress reports before, during and after construction to assess progress and areas for continuous improvement.
- Represent Blue Oak Energy as an experienced and knowledgeable team member.
- Ability to contribute to an amicable team working environment.
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university or equal.
- Electrical and/or general contracting experience. An advanced knowledge of electrical systems, construction practices and construction techniques is required.
- Professional Engineering licenses(s) in California.
- Directly related work experience with 4+ years of increasing responsibility.
- Thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Advanced knowledge of ETAP, SKM, EDSA or other electrical design software packages.
- Self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Proven AutoCAD and other graphical skills.
- Demonstrated qualities of integrity, credibility, and fiduciary responsibility.
- Technology savvy with advanced computer skills. A demonstrated ability with MS Office, MS Windows and project tracking software is required.
- Strong presentation skills.
Blue Oak Energy is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, the presence of mental, physical, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
Please place this job code in the subject line with your email: IN-SR-EE Application
Indeed - 20 months ago
Blue Oak Energy was founded on a singular belief - the transition to clean, renewable energy is an irreversible and irresistible trend....