Blue Raven Solar Employee Reviews

Be Cautious
Sales Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTSeptember 5, 2017
I was terminated the day before my grandfathers funeral. If you are the type of person that can hit the ground running and make ZERO mistakes while at it then maybe you might have a chance to work longer than a month there. If not, then you will be gladly terminated as I was. I'm not sure if that's how it was in other departments however that's how the ship is sailed in the sales ops department.
Solar Sales
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 3, 2017
Working for Blue Raven has been an interesting endeavor. The potential to make money with the company is very real. You get out of it what you put in. This is a door knocking job, you set your own leads and when you close them the potential to make money is very real. The goal is to get 1 sale a week and a sale is easily $1,000 for an average or larger system. There are all sorts of incentives to encourage you to work harder and I want to continue to grow with the company.
Pros
Good Commission.
Cons
1099 contracted employee, no benefits.
Field Ops Tech
FOT (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2017
I've had 29 jobs now in my life, and this is one of the best. I am mobile, supported by a great, hard working team, and do well monetarily.

I read the other reviews...1 and 2 stars? I'm not sure what happened with them, but from my experience with the Field Ops team, I can say this is one of the best companies I have worked for.
Team approach good but work can be nerve racking
Appointment Setter (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 18, 2017
Team approach was great but training was lousy kind of sink or swim but new manager is much better. Knocking doors is wearing on the attitude and many people say NO very few items now sold at the door nowdays.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Extremely low starting pay
You will be better off elsewhere
Setter (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDAugust 14, 2017
Company full of lies. Lie about pay, lie about setter pay, lie about leads, lie about setters, lie about product. Don't even think about applying here you will get ripped off
Pros
Cons
Everything they pay everyone poorly including closers i hear
Fun and great pay
Independent Solar Energy Consultant (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCMarch 19, 2017
Great managers and very good pay. help was always there when i needed it. A new and exciting industry to work in. Saves customers a lot of money. Easy to learn and catch on.
Pros
incentives, good work schedule
Cons
door to door sales
Bad Experience
Assistant Manager of Sales (Former Employee) –  MDFebruary 17, 2017
Company gives no support to sales guys. Purely commission'ed job so they don't really care. If you have n issue it takes forever to resolve. Company allowed sales team to continue selling a product that they knew would never be installed, so guys didnt get paid.
Fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTFebruary 6, 2017
Good company to work for ..need to invest more in training and marketing.Would like to see implementation of drastic advertising and events to promote solar in local communities.
Why wouldn't you work here?
Manager (Current Employee) –  UtahJanuary 4, 2017
I have worked for others and nobody can compete with Blue Raven. Pay is excellent, the people are awesome, the industry is booming! Notice I didn't say it was easy, BRS has a culture of work hard play hard. I bust my butt every day, but I have a ton of fun doing it and I really really think I have found my place here.

I think the biggest thing is I know that people here care about me, my development, my entire situation. It is rare to find a co-worker, a boss, a leader, let alone an entire company who cares about you and your well being. Come join the family, you won't regret it.
Pros
We are family, exciting industry, financially stable, honest, caring leadership
Cons
If you are looking for a free ride, this isn't the place for you
Great People
Installation Manager (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 29, 2016
I work in the Installation Department. I really like the people around me, all great guys that know how to get things done. A lot of focus on quality and customer experience.
Pros
People
Cons
Working outside

Want to know more about Blue Raven Solar?

Ask a question
Great part time job for college students
Solar sales rep (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTDecember 28, 2016
I worked with Blue Raven for a semester. I really enjoyed the flexible work hours. the pay was great! If door to door works for you this is a great place to get started.

A typical day at work would include going out with a small group of people who live around you to a neighborhood and knocking doors, setting appointments for people to learn about solar.

Co-workers are great! Very helpful.

Door to door can be tough, but if you've got what it takes the pay off is great!
Pros
Flexible hours and great pay
Cons
door to door can be pretty tough
Better management could take this further
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTNovember 1, 2016
The job was a sales job, in that it paid really well but was not something that you could really hang your hat on. If there was better management, I would have stayed
Lucrative and fun position
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 6, 2016
A typical day at work was meeting the team around mid-day then setting off into groups into a neighborhood of your choice, or you could skip the meeting and go out on your own at whatever hours your desire.
Almost as if your were you were your own boss!
Motivational and Hardwork
Sales Representative/ Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2016
A typical day at work involved knocking on doors and engaging customer about solar panels.
I learned to not allow customer mood affect mine and turn negative energy into positive energy.
Management could have been better with better training as i learned most of my sales experience first hand.
My co-workers kept me motivated to do better and strive to be the best.
The hardest part of the job was to overcome objections and deal with customer excuses to not move forward with sales process.
most enjoyable part of the job was to encounter a vast majority of people and conversate with them.
Pros
good commission
Cons
poor management
Poor Training, Good Pay
Solar Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 22, 2016
Manager does not know how to motivate or train and do not know how to lead. Blue Raven Pay is Good and CEO is great. Need more Training Classes and more incentives
Pros
Great CEO and Good Pay
Cons
Poor Training
Its a great job but...
SALES REP (Current Employee) –  California (all over i traveledSeptember 15, 2015
working for blue raven solar is was awesome, although I work alone more of the time since I was a independent contractor. the pay was great the only thing the solar industry is really saturated in the market and working purely of commission was starting to become more difficult. I did enjoy meeting new people everyday.
Pros
When the market was good the income seemed limitless.
Cons
its purely commsion pay and the way the market is now its just not the same.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Raven Solar. Our community is ready to answer.