Blue Rhino Employee Reviews in United States

delivery driver
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILNovember 9, 2015
delivery of 20 lb propane tanks count and remove empties and replenish, talk to store managers make sure everything is ok.
Management is very supportive works with its employees , they do ride along to ensure all is going well. Employees help one another with any questions or problems.
Pros
managment and they way they go out of there way to listen
Cons
no cons at this point
productive fun invironment but many stressful moments throughtout the shipping season
Logistics Specialist/Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCJanuary 15, 2016
I loved working for this company and all of the employees. Everyone works together well and helps each other out when seasons come and go through both sides of the company.
A tipical day at work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, CAApril 29, 2013
I start my day at 3AM, I route myself & do my log book, download my hand held computer, go outside and do my Pr-Trip, close the doors on my truck and head out on my route. Once at my destination I count all the tanks and give the appropriate amount of needed tanks and charge them accordingly. And continue to do this until my route is complete. I have learned even more customer service skills, how to maneuver a tractor-trailer in small places safely. I feel Management over-all tries there best, but they seem to forget how hard we work and it would be nice to get rewarded for all the time and work we put in. I am a very easy going person and get along with everyone So my co-worker and I have a good team work relationship. The hardest part of my job is unloading the tanks from the truck and carrying them to the cage. Most enjoyable is being behind the wheel and driving especially when I get to go long distances.
Pros
good benefits, good work enviroment, paid vacation, paid sick days, personal days
Cons
very physical, no pay raise in 3 yrs., no incentive for hard work.
productive and fun work place with lots of perks
Senior Customer Service Sales Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Winston Salem, NCJune 1, 2015
I worked 8 hours a days and 40 hours per week. I assisted customers with product purchases, replacements, and troubleshooting and customer escalations. I lead a team of 4-6 members and provided guidance, support, and feedback for my team and our department. I loved my co-workers and my team. The hardest part of my job was realizing no matter how hard I tried it was impossible to make every customer happy. The most enjoyable part of my job was offering first time customer resolution on each call.
Pros
Nice company perks; free baseball games, etc.
Cons
Not many opportunities for advancement;
Friendly enviroment, great benefits.
Customer Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2015
A typical day at work in the Customer Care department of Blue Rhino consists of taking inbound calls or making outbound calls. I have learned a great deal of analytical skills and data entry skills. Co-workers are friendly, hardest part of the job is disgruntled customers. Most enjoyable part of the job is department outings.
Good job with great hours and good work enviroment.
Stacker/Filler (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXOctober 23, 2012
Safety first at all times. Start the day off with good energy so what ever goals or set for the day or met. How to work different machinery .Co-workers have to be on the same page has everybody else.the hardest part of the job is when some don't hold or do there job it make it hard on everybody.
Pros
not having to go any where to get lunch it's all ready avaliable to you.
Cons
good with making sure all employees have good benifits
didn't like
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 18, 2015
just didn't like it kinda confusing to work here onl spent a couple of months here didn't care for how they did things i don't know whittles to say
Summertime work plentiful
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  bordentown,njOctober 8, 2015
ton of work during the summertime. Not so much after labor day though. Hardwork moving propane tanks all day. Nut meeting new people is a plus.
A very high strung work ethic is needed for this job.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXJuly 16, 2015
Must be fit to work, and have a mindset for success. Must love outdoors and be willing to work in all kinds of weather. Great benefit package followed by competitive wages.
positive and a good learning expirince
producion (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COJune 9, 2015
fill cylinders, recertify tank, a little of forklifting. as for co workers and management needs to work on communication. its a great job experiment. the hardest part of the job would be getting threw the first week of soreness. the most enjoyable id say the co-workers
Not satisfied
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 3, 2015
Not really satisfied with working for Blue rhino , wasnt enough money for me to better my life . wanted better income and a better place to be productive
Job was miss represented
Truck Driver/Delivery/Class A (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, PAJuly 6, 2014
Long commute, long hours, the details of this job were misrepresented to me. working 15-16 hour days then having to unload and reload the trucks after 15-16 hours, before leaving work for the long commute home.
Cons
long commute, long hours
I am pretty much self managed.
Delivery Driver. Class A with tanker and hazmat. (Current Employee) –  Channahon, ILAugust 3, 2013
Daily I map my route, drive between 100-450 miles and hand deliver up to 540 20lb propane tanks to various gas stations, convenient stores, drug stores and various big box stores.
I have learned safe handling of liquid propane.
My direct management is always accessable and professional.
My co-workers are always up-beat and friendly.
The hardest part of this job is the physical nature of delivering a high number of tanks.
I enjoy driving the "country routes", ie. longer local distances south and west.
Pros
safety is pushed.
Cons
hours are getting lower each year. 70 hrs. weekly year one. 40 hours is the company goal.
Positive Workplace, Fast Pace Environment
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 15, 2014
It is a very great place to work. There are several opportunties to grow with the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with hard working and positive people. I have learned how to multi-task better and to have better time management.
Blue Rhino
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCAugust 25, 2014
although work can be slow its a really good job and they make sure that you get your 40 hours
Pros
when work is available you can get your hours
Cons
a lot of down time
hard labor
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 9, 2014
We always got to move at a fast pace so we can get the job done at the right time. I have done 1000 propanes a day. i enjoy everyone company there we all still had fun and talked to make time go by but we worked harder than anyone else where.
the account i worked was great corprate no so good
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYNovember 17, 2014
the account i work was great the benfits are terrible my account manager was great corprate saftey department not friendly nor helpful
nice work enviroment, steady company growth
Production Lead/ Fork Lift Driver (Current Employee) –  Centralia, WAJanuary 23, 2013
fast paced physical job. requires ability to multi-task. co workers and management work closely togewther creating a good work enviroment
great job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tavares, FLJuly 25, 2012
when i started i was a Driver then became an installer for the state of florida setting up new custmers accounts and installing the propane cages and crash poles in the ground then was moved to delivers going to custmers and deliving propane
Pros
good people and happy to come to work

Comment – February 12, 2013

YOU CALL THAT A GREAT JOB SOUUBD LIKE YOU TOOK A SLAP IN THE FACE IF THEY TOOK YOU OF INSTALLER TO DELIVER PROPAIN OFF ABOBTAIL . NICE COMPANEY TO WORK. FOR NO RAISE FOR HARD WORKING MEN. BLUE RHINO ALL THE WAY RIGHT ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS YOU MAKING THE DELIVERY . DOING BOBTAIL OR CYL .

Comment – March 30, 2013

hey leave that blue rhino installer alone lol. Hey likes to work there.

The barbeque lunches went a long way to keep the morale high.
Production/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Henderson, COApril 28, 2012
Blue Rhino was the best company I had ever worked for till Ferrel gas purchased the company. It went downhill rapidly from there.