Blue Ridge Communications Employee Reviews

Worst company I've worked for.
Sales (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 27, 2016
1. Micromanagement at its best.
2. EVERY customer hates you and takes their frustrations out on you like it's personal.
3. Pay is not at all worth the aggravation.
4. Management is almost nonexistent when you need them but then complains when you make a mistake.
5. You are always being told what you are doing wrong. When you correct that issue, you are being told that something is wrong. ALWAYS a lose/lose.
6. Heavily monitored for errors and on calls.
7. You are treated as a kid and spoken to as a kid.
Pros
None. Not worth the pay
Cons
Many
Terrific work atmosphere!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Duncannon, PAJuly 22, 2016
The training they provided was excellent.
Everyone I worked with on a daily basis was friendly and eager to help.
The company truly values their employees. This shows in many ways, from the perks offered to the management team.
Cons
Limited tuition reimbursement
Slow, steady and secure desk job.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PASeptember 9, 2015
Slow and steady work flow on a typical day. Things like weather and holidays can affect your work as to be expected when dispatching cable techs. Little to no movement at all during your days. Constantly typing and viewing a computer monitor, in addition to talking on the phone. Many people have already retired during my 1 3/4 years here, so the security is there. Just expect a slow crawl if you are eyeing up promotions. Office politics and who you know are key components to moving up at a quicker pace. All that being said, the job does offer security which is very valuable by itself. If you can handle the generally low pay, it's a perfectly fine 8 hour a day job.
Pros
Desk job, steady 40 hours per week, schedule planned months in advance
Cons
Low pay for workload, Slow promotions process, No formal training process (learn something when the need arises)
High turnover/micro management
CSR (Former Employee) –  Call Center, LehightonJanuary 4, 2015
There is a high turnover rate. Can't keep employees because they can't treat them right. Management treats employees like children. Hard to take vacation time. Not allowed to voice your thoughts/concerns. You're scolded if you do. They want employees who are uneducated and don't know what employee rights are. Upper management is very unprofessional and will point out the wrong instead of telling/helping you to fix it. You are not allowed to ask co workers for assistance at any given time. They do not follow through with rules & regulations. Your told/trained about something, literally the next hour it's totally different. You are screamed at and harassed all day everyday by customers. The pay is extremely low for the job you do and the stress is high!
Pros
Free basic+ cable after 1 yr employment
Cons
micromanagement, no advancement if not family, low pay
This place is a joke
CSR (Current Employee) –  LehightonJanuary 3, 2015
poor management very poor very much run on favoritism. there is never something set in stone its always a run around trying to find the right answer when you have a question. the place is a complete joke and waste of time.
Pros
free cable
Cons
rude people
Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Call CenterAugust 11, 2014
I am a former employee. I worked for this company for over 6 years. I finally left after I was passed over for advancement- again. This is a family run company, and the extended family holds the higher positions. I was passed over for a management position- it was given to a family member with no management experience, no college degree, no company training for the position. I acknowledge there are several good branches to this company, and a team is only as good as its leader, and there are few good leaders. I wish HQ would clean house and realize family members are not always best for employee retention and customer satisfaction. The hourly pay is extremely low. My family qualified for assistance even after 6 years on the job and the highest performance reviews I could have received.
benefits
Cons
family run, no advancement, low wages
High call volume not much room for advancement
Customer care specialist (Current Employee) –  LeightonApril 7, 2014
Overall a good company. There is not much room for advancement and a super serious amount of turnover. Training is 6 wks and not enough to cover all that the ccr have to know! Benefits are good that's why I stay
High volume call center
On Line Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lehighton, PAOctober 29, 2013
Assist on line customers with cable, internet and phone service
Great company
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Walnutport, PAOctober 24, 2012
This is an amazing company, but I am just looking for something different, currently.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
can't think of any.
High Stress environment
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lehighton, PAJuly 13, 2012
I love working here, the benefits are amazing, however there is a high turnover due to the amount of stress
Pros
benefits, set hours
Cons
getting cursed at because a channel on bthe tv doesnt work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Ridge Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6