Blue Ridge HealthCare Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work, great patient interaction and care
CNAI/CNAII/ Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Valdese, NCJune 13, 2016
A typical day at work allows for great patient care and interaction and ability to use my CNA1,CNA11, and medication aide certifications. Management, nurses, and other co workers all work together for the benefit of each patient.
The hardest part of the job is when a patient goes into hospice care and soon dies. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with patients and bringing a smile to their day.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short of help at times
Good benefits and pay.
Certified Nursing Assistant - FT (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMay 23, 2016
Decent pay and good benefits in a poverty stricken part of the country. A company that is trying to lift up the community.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits. Awesome orientation!
Cons
Redneck locals.
Great Place
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valdese, NCNovember 4, 2015
Great place to work and great co-workers. The management is great and very understanding. My skills greatly improved working here.
accounts payable work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCSeptember 15, 2015
Open mail daily and send out for approval. Enter invoices that have been returned for all facilities for payment. Assist staff accountants, manager, controller with any problems that occur. Worked with a great team and enjoyed my job.
Lack of accountability
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 3, 2015
While compensation and benefits are adequate, accountability at BRHC is non-existent. Managers and Directors are not held to any type of standard for maintaining quality outputs, staff engagement or meeting system requirements. Lack of oversight results in an organization that is poor for both employees and patients.
Professional and Enjoyable Workplace
Registered Nurse on Labor and Delivery unit (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work may include multiple triages and births along with postpartum and newborn care. I have learned that teamwork is essential to a healthy and productive work environment. I believe that continuity of care is essential to patient satisfaction, in addition to upper managements involvement on the unit. The unit director does a wonderful job of ensuring that the unit is operating in safe and efficient manner. I have the pleasure of working with some amazing co-workers, who work as a team to provide excellent patient care. I can always rely on my team mates for help when it is a busy day on the unit. My co-workers are kind and supportive to one another, which is an added bonus. The hardest part of my job is having to deal with fetal death and demise. It is a very sensitive and vulnerable time for the patient and the family. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to play a part in the miracle of birth.
Pros
CEU opportunities
Cons
Short breaks
Nice place to work
ER Coder PRN (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 4, 2015
I only worked PRN but it was a nice to work. I benefits looked great. I was allowed to work my own schedule since I was only working PRN.
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCFebruary 24, 2015
Good place to work, long hours, co-workers good people. Learned a lot in the healthcare field.
Contact with lots of folks in the community. Made a lot of friends while working with Blue Ridge HealthCare
Blueridge Digestive Health 6 Doctors Total
Patient & Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCDecember 3, 2014
Answer high volume calls, schedule new patient appointments, check in and out patients, collect co pays and balances from pass due accounts, referrals, medical records, assist doctors and MOA's, .Help other associates as needed.
We had a great manager when I had started the first week ,he had resigned and had no manager that would stay. We as employee's kept this place operating. So Sad to say we had lost a lot of great help. Out of 15 they have 3 left ! The hardest part of the job was not knowing what was going to happen from day to day. And seeing patients get frustrated in how long they had to wait. Up to 3 hour at a time. The most enjoyable part for me is to take care of the patient and give them the best customer care, so when they leave they can let everyone know that I took care of them.
I
Pros
sales reps would schedule lunches
Cons
short breaks/ or eat at your desk
I enjoyed working full-time in a diverse and challenging setting.
crisis counselor (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 6, 2014
I worked as a crisis counselor with people with disabilities. I worked the overnight shift and worked as a team with hospitals, jails, and mental health centers.
Pros
diversity
Cons
overnight shift
Great
Associate Coder (Current Employee) –  NCAugust 30, 2014
wonderful place to work; come in work hard go home complete all given tasks family centered
lad director shows favortism, and harrassment to employees
mlt (Former Employee) –  morgantonDecember 1, 2013
loved fellow coworkers... director show favoritism and does not recongize seniority in job openings. jobs are never posted for everyone to have equal chance. i received constant hateful emails from him..not worth the money to work there
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lab director, low pay wages
Great team to work with.
Marketing Assistant/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCOctober 24, 2013
Busy office, great team, family oriented. Enjoy working with people. Hardest part of the job is telling people no to their "great ideas" and projects they would like to have. Flexibility of work schedule is the best part. They understand family comes first.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lots of demands
Terrible Administrative Director
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  NCSeptember 23, 2013
Lab Administrative Director in my opinion showed too much favoritism and allowed other employees to make management decisions as well as run off great employees. Not a very fair or pleasant work environment. No breaks or lunches at times. No set schedule, lowest pay in all the area, shift switching. Work every other weekend and too many holidays.
Pros
a handful of good co-workers
Cons
terrible pay, poor lab management by ad, no lunch or break many times, no set schedule
productive workplace
Phlebotomist (PRN) (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NcSeptember 13, 2013
Your left alone to do your job. Staff will pitch in to get the job done.
Where I had planned to retire from
Triage MOA / Medication Refills (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 8, 2013
Will discuss reason no longer working there in interview. Lots of corporate changes made to small town office, many not for the best interest of the practice.
Cranky People who have no Morals.
Dietician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morganton, NCAugust 2, 2013
The title pretty much sums it up. Horrible pay, and horrible people.
Exciting Working Environment where patients were like family
Assistant Director of Respiratory Care (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2013
A fascinating wonderful place to work where patients were treated with dignity and respect, We had many patients that beyond the odds of even surviving were given the care and tools they needed and were restored to a level of functionality that they were able to return home.
Pros
belief that nothing was impossible in regard to healing and miracles
Cons
not always staffed adequately/ intensely stressful and emotionally draining
was a good place to work at onetime
chef/cook supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morganton, NCMarch 1, 2013
At onetime it was a great place to work, until they sold us out to a dog and pony show!! I fell sorry for the residents there now. I hope one day they can get there moneys worth, but until they open there eyes and see how they have had a lot of empty promises made that's not going to happen!!!
Pros
had realy good benefits
Cons
sold out to smoke and mirrow magic company
Demonstrating Excellence in Food Service
Food Service Assistant/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Valdese, NCFebruary 16, 2013
Blue Ridge HealthCare is affiliated with Carolinas HealthCare System, one of the nation's leading and most innovative healthcare organizations, providing area residents with ready access to more specialized care when needed. The dietary department is responsible for making and serving nutritious food. My job is all about giving the patients what they need and want. They come first. My co-workers are awesome. We all demonstrate teamwork. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the patients are satisfied and happy with their meal.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, very hot, and on my feet all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Ridge HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

Blue Ridge HealthCare Reviews by Location