Client Company Description
We are an Internet technology company providing the world's most advanced data management platform and largest data exchange. We process nearly 100 billion user audience attributes per day across hundreds of millions of Internet users and are rapidly becoming the behavioral data backbone of the online advertising ecosystem. We build innovative products, design powerful solutions to big data problems, and sit at the forefront of scientific marketing while embodying the agile, quick moving, and close-knit spirit of a successful startup.
We are the most interconnected media-independent data management platform and data marketplace in the industry. Our customers leverage our data activation platform, analysis and portability tools to connect their data together and use it for a better customer experience. As the leaders in the online space, we are looking for engineers to augment one of our engineering teams to double down on an emerging opportunity.
Our Server team –Pixel is responsible for the core technologies of Company which ingest data across the Web and mobile platforms, classifying profiles in real time across over one million rules. That done, we then deliver tens of billions of consumer profile signals to our clients to help them to drive more value from their marketing dollars. Company is a Big Data company and the Pixel Server team runs the engine that generates and acts upon those data.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will interact with our senior executives and across several teams requiring expertise in written and spoken communication skills. You will also define, develop and refine our software platform for ingesting, classifying and delivering anonimized data on hundreds of millions of profiles, over three billion times each day. You’ll work in an environment where we value, expect and reward peer-to-peer collaboration and you will be positioned to make a significant impact on how Company’s mobile strategy unfolds and develops.
This role Requires candidate to have *mobile app development experience –SDK, IOS*, others.
- Decomposing complex software engineering projects and stories into individual tasks
- Designing and implementing algorithms to process and display client data
- Optimizing your code to run in a high-performance real time environment that generates billions of events a day
- Scaling to meet the demands of a data-hungry internet
- Creating and maintaining unit tests
- Supporting the software your write and deploy in our production environment.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years in C or C++
- 3+ years developing and operating software in a Linux environment (incl. working with Perl, Python, bash, or your favorite scripting language)
- Competent in web service technologies/ideologies (e.g. JSON, REST, RESTful, XML, SOAP, other newer technologies)
- Exposure to Scrum/Agile methodologies
- Experience in Mobile App development – SDK, IOS, others
- Strong communication skills: able to clearly articulate, defend and document design decisions and work with a distributed team
- Interest and aptitude for understanding the business models that drive the company
Ideal candidates will also have the following:
- M.S. or higher in Computer Science
- 7+ years of industry experience, heavily weighted towards C and C++
- A demonstrated record of delivering projects in the face of significant ambiguity and complexity
- Experience designing and implementing scalable systems processing large amounts of data
- Familiarity with Amazon’s EC2 and S3 product offerings or similar technologies
- Experience in ad technologies and/or the online advertising space
Candidate Personal Attributes
- Love of Problem-Solving: You attack problems and solve them rather than raise barriers or pessimism
- Self-starter: You like results, take initiative and have a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Fun: You have good people skills, are humble and fun to be around
- Passion: You have a natural curiosity and desire to excel
- Ownership: You sign up, are accountable and follow through – whether you succeed or fail
- Creative: You believe there is always a way to solve the problem
- Data-driven: You gather data to make decisions and use data to convince others
Company offers competitive salary, excellent work environment.
Location – Cupertino, CA (strongly preferred) or Seattle, WA.