Senior Software Engineer – UI Developer
Location: Denver, Colorado. Expected to be long term contract.
US Citizens or Permanent Residents only. No Third Parties.
Job Description: Member of a project team developing software applications for government customers. Primarily responsible for designing, developing and testing of a suite of rich internet applications (RIA) accessible from a common portal; working with subject matter experts (SMEs), requirements analysts and user interface (UI) designers to understand the business functionality and implement a UI based upon standards; using object-oriented design, UML modeling, patterns and model-view-controller (MVC) frameworks to design and explain behavior of rich UIs ranging from CRUD data management to complex business work flow; developing a common framework to reuse security, session, browser history, complex visual, error handling, event handling and data binding components; working with back-end services and integration developers to retrieve data, persist data and apply centralized business rules; and developing JUnit tests to provide a library of regression tests for UI functionality. Responsibilities include analyzing customer requirements; developing software requirements and software design specifications to meet the customer requirements; coding, unit testing and integration testing of software in accordance with the requirements and software design specifications; working closely with the customer, requirements analysts and test engineers to deliver high quality software; development of presentations for customer review; and configuration management of work products.
Requires a Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or other related discipline with twelve (12) years of Technical / IT experience; or a related Masters degree with ten (10) years of Technical / IT experience. A Bachelor’s degree may be substituted for eight (8) years of Technical / IT experience in addition to the required twelve (12) years of Technical / IT experience. Considered an emerging authority.
- Specific experience with Flex, BlazeDS and Flex Frameworks
- Designing, developing and testing of an Adobe Flex Rich Internet Application (RIA)
- Adobe Flex, Flex Builder, Action Script, MXML.
- Object Oriented Design
- Unified Modeling Language
- Flex Framework such as Cairngorm and Parsley.
- Messaging using AMF, BlazeDS or LivecycleDS.
- Experience developing common components for reuse within Flex for security, session, browser history, complex visual, error handling, event handling or data binding components.
- Experience with Java, J2EE, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, and WebSphere Application Server.
- Knowledge of and experience with key software engineering practice areas, such as configuration management, automated builds and continuous integration, change management, detailed requirements analysis.
- Experience working with UNIX and Windows operating systems
- Communicating effectively
- Interacting professionally with both clients and peers.
- Willingness to take the initiative
- Ability to organize and manage time.
- Working independently and collaboratively in teams
- Prioritizing work and working on multiple tasks
- Analyzing and solving problems
- Unit testing of Flex applications using FlexUnit.
- Continuous Integration and Build tools including Ant and CruiseControl.
- Middle tier Java experience with Spring and Hibernate (data mapping)
- Senior level SQL and RDMBS experience with the ability to construct complex SQL statements and an understanding of indexing, triggers, and transactions using Oracle databases.
- UNIX shell scripting
- Automated testing tools including Flex Monkey, FlexUnit, SilkTest, ITKOLisa, SOATest, or JUnit