*Sr. Software Engineer - Ruby On Rails*, proficient in CoffeScript, RESTful APIs, MySQL
Client Company Description
We are an Internet technology company providing the world's most advanced data management platform and largest data exchange. We process nearly 100 billion user audience attributes per day across hundreds of millions of Internet users and are rapidly becoming the behavioral data backbone of the online advertising ecosystem. We build innovative products, design powerful solutions to big data problems, and sit at the forefront of scientific marketing while embodying the agile, quick moving, and close-knit spirit of a successful startup.
We are the most interconnected media-independent data management platform and data marketplace in the industry. Our customers leverage our data activation platform, analysis and portability tools to connect their data together and use it for a better customer experience. As the leaders in the online space, we are looking for engineers to augment one of our engineering teams to double down on an emerging opportunity.
We're looking for a Rails engineer with 2+ years of experience that can help take our portal team to the next level. You need to have a solid understanding of the Rails library and enjoy snooping around the code to see what surprises wait to be found. When reviewing code, you do not look for correctness, but for best practices. You have a natural curiosity and are willing to bring new ideas, libraries and solutions to the rest of the team. You must be a strong communicator and willing listener; our team and company are geographically dispersed and need team members that can work in a distributed environment.
- Working with the product and engineering teams to design and develop software services
- Document software design and be able to communicate decisions with team members
- Develop unit and integration tests
- Deploy software in operational settings
- Handle operational issues that arise within a software platform with uptime requirements
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science
- 2+ years developing software for the Rails platform
- Proficient in Ruby, CoffeeScript, RESTful APIs, MySQL
- Competent in web service technologies/ideologies
- Strong communication skills, able to clearly articulate, defend and document design decisions and work with a distributed team
- Interest and aptitude for understanding the business models that drive the company
Ideal candidates would also have the following:
- M.S. or higher in Computer Science
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in building complex web applications
- Experience with Rails Engine gems
- Experience in the online advertising space
The company offers great work environment, very competitive salaries for this full time employment. Location: Cupertino, CA.