Blue Shield Of California

Blue Shield Of California Employer Reviews

Finance Manager (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CADecember 16, 2014
I have and continue to enjoy my time at Blue Shield. I enjoy being part of a growing organization that is so focused on improvement.
just review Glass Door before making any moves
Lead Finance Analyst (Former Employee), EDHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: can't say at this time
Cons: lack of work life balance
Typical workday was anywhere from 10 - 12 hours a day, expect you to know everything on day one and unfortunately there wasn't anything enjoyable about the job.
High productive environment
Claims Supervisor (Former Employee), Lodi CADecember 7, 2014
Pros: paid holidays and 401 options and paid time off
Cons: long hours
Very high productive environment, managing 27+ employees to keep them engaged and focused on their daily job of serving our members Helping them build their career.
productive, opportunity to improve overall organization culture
Project Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoNovember 17, 2014
Opportunity to improve overall organization culture and work life balance.
great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Woodland, CANovember 12, 2014
working in a cubical was difficult. Management and co-workers were great. I enjoyed learning about insurance
Senior HealthCare Coding Analyst (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CANovember 10, 2014
Pros: annual incentives
Cons: i would rather not say
This company is a great place to wor although the process of review for advancement can be difficult.
Productive workplace
Intermediate Appeals & Grievance Coordinator (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: management
Worked in two Medicare Operations departments (Member Services and Appeals & Grievance).

Fast paced working environment with a small team of co-workers.
Learned various tasks as stated in resume.
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee), Woodland HillsNovember 2, 2014
Pros: staff
Cons: 401k provider
I love my coworkers and could not ask for a better supervisor. However, the benefits leave a little to be desired and I specifically hate the 401k provider, Fidelity.
Enjoyed my time there
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 27, 2014
Served as a contract PM. Pretty good pay, professional, mature, culture, changing industry.
good place to work for family and single
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee), el dorado hillsOctober 26, 2014
good place to work as family and single. Lots of learning around the clock. it improves technical skills
Amazing place to work
Electronic Processor (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
This was the most amazing job I have ever had in my entire life. Even though unfortunately I was let go almost 10yrs ago I wish I was still there and retired out of of the company. I still have nothing but great things to say about this employer. They make each and every employee feel special and valuable! Everyone is in such a good mood, beautiful – more... positive office environment. Quarterly and annual raises, amazing inexpensive benefits the pros just go on and on I encourage anyone and everyone to work for Blue Shield. – less
Blue Shield of ca
Auditor (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: flex schedules
See other review in regards to this company. This time of my employment was ok but there was a lot of favorites going on within teams. Not very great moral at the time.
Large Insurance Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lodi, CAOctober 4, 2014
Pros: local, good training, organized structure
Cons: low pay, stressful job, management has a lot of expectations.
Great company to work for. Slow to recognize hardworking challenge driven employees. Many training programs and a excellent company to work for to get some experience.
Shield Advance
Consultant (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 29, 2014
Pros: focus on what needs to be accomplished understood companywide
Cons: no longevity
Shield Advance was treated as its own company. Worked out well since we were only concerned with the overall project and how it would impact the Shield Advance teams.
I regret taking this job
n/a (Current Employee), n/aSeptember 21, 2014
Pros: pay is decent
Cons: everything
The organization is chaotic--way too many competing priorities. The company just woke up a year or so ago and realized they need to grow up.

150% is never good enough. Little to no supervision from my boss, then get punished for not doing the right thing.

Managed by fear. "Performance Improvement Plans" seem to be commonplace.
Blue Shield of California
Senior Sales Agent/Producer (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: health and wellness fairs, employee arts a crafts in cafe.
Cons: sorry no cons truly a great place to work.
Blue Shield of California is a nice place to call home for an employer, they keep employees well informed with @Shield work day site to keep up to date on co-workers chat, health and wellness. This employer overall gets a 5 star rating as the most positive and safe work environment.
Fun place to work
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CASeptember 19, 2014
Great environment
good co-workers
great benefits
lots of learning potential
Every dept. is different, so maybe other depts offer better experiences...
Senior Data Analyst (Former Employee), San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: some very nice co-workers.
Cons: some not so nice managers.
If you are looking for advancement and experiential growth, I would not recommend working for this organization unless you have a strong network relationship with someone with influence that will support you in your efforts. Mine was a pretty bad experience.
I&B Electronic Enrollment (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAAugust 20, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule/benefits
Cons: short lunches
My typical day consists of:
Review of large group health plans
Member eligibility
Enrollments for new hires
Fixing discrepancies
Billing
Training

Blue Shield has excellent management with an open door policy. Very supportive in every way. I have a tremendous relationship with my co-workers and we are a very close knit unit.

The hardest part of my – more... job is completing my tasks and duties when the systems malfunction. In my position I am required to know all facets of the Blue Shield business, which can be challenging.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the camaraderie that I share with my co-workers and the tremendous responsibility that is placed on me. I value being relied upon by so many people for their health benefits and the knowledge that I have gained. – less
Enjoyed working for BSC from beginning to retirement.
Lead Representative to present (Former Employee), Chico, CAAugust 20, 2014
Overall I learned all about the process of a claim from beginning to end when a claim is submitted for payment, etc. As shown in my resume. My supervisor was the best and the co-workers were a fantastic group to work with. I loved my job - I learned something new everyday. And whenever new processors were submitted to me i dug in and learned it from – more... A to Z. Being a lead rep it was important to know the task in order to teach others. Best part was being admired by my peers. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Blue Shield Of California

Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to – Read more

Blue Shield Of California Photos