Blue Shield Of California

Blue Shield Of California Employee Reviews

Senior Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Work-Life balance
Cons: None I can think of
Good place to work. Work life balance is great. People I worked with were very eager to learn from each other. Overall, it was a very good experience.
BSC
Intermediate Customer Service Concierge Claims (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2015
Management style is not employee friendly and very misleading. Co-workers are a variety, which is a great part of the company, however the working environment is unnecessarily stressful and ethically discouraging.
Great Co-Workers, Fun enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Redding, CAJune 11, 2015
Blue Shield is a great place to work. You learn through trial and error but have alot of positive support. If given the chance I would go back in a heartbeat. Then I would really work hard and take it more seriously.
Blue Shield of California
Claims & Eligibility and Benefits Agent (Current Employee), El dorado Hills CAJune 5, 2015
An Overall Good Company, with advancement into other departments.
Be willing to travel because it is a ways away from Sacramento, Attendance is the reason most do not continue on with company however they will and are willing to up- train.
Fun people to work with
Senior Claims Processor (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAJune 3, 2015
People were very nice to work with. They have potlucks several times a year and everyone was encouraged to participate.
Good people, misrun company
Marcom Lead (Current Employee), San, HPJune 1, 2015
A company of good, smart people at the worker bee level, but everyone seems to buy into the functional dysfunction for some reason.
Great Company that cares about their customers and their employees
Intermediate Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Alot of Team building excercises especially on fridays which was great.
Cons: the rattle snakes at the location I worked at is the only bad thing.
It's been quite a while since I worked for the company and then I left and moved to the UK. They are a great company and it was great helping people to understand the underwriting process and what their benefits were as well as processing premium payments.
Good
Product Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good benefits with work life balance
Cons: Growth is stagnant as it depends on the discretion of senior management more than the talent.
fast paced customer service for health insurance
Customer Service, California (Former Employee), CAMay 10, 2015
Pros: great benefits, promoted well living
Took inbound calls during a high call volume. Assisted members with claim, benefit, and policy information. Assisted management with lowering average handle call time by 23 seconds.
A day at Blue shield of california
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), lodi caMay 3, 2015
To educate broker's on applications status, benefits, and took payments as well. learned how to operate a computer software system called facets. Co-worker were nice and helpful, management made it a point to make sure we knew correct info to perform the job at task. Most hardest part of the day is when a caller calls in with a question and has already got different answer from different repensitive about the same question.
Fun Working Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Helping people
Cons: Shorts Breaks
Typical day at work was good, attending daily basis meetings, schedule meetings with stakeholders to get the requirement. I have learned new software called ALM (Application Life Management). Great helping people. The hardest part was commute. Enjoyable part when we get snacks on the random day.
SIMPLY PUT CHAOS...
IT Asset Management Sr. Analyst (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: Pay increases
Cons: Stress, Lack of Teamwork, No value, Belittlement
Beware of the following:

- IT department of any kind ESPECIALLY IT Shared Services

- No teamwork

- Cliques

- Lack of Diversity

- No overall organizational structure
great place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: people, career growth
Cons: understaffed
BSC has great employees who lend a lot to their corporate structure. The managers really do care about career development and growth.
Co-workers are the best
Eligibility and Benefits Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Lodi, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: n/a
On a daily basis, I assist many members. I have learned a lot about the health care industry. I love my co-workers and how we come together as a team.
Great Job Culture with Focus on Affordable Healthcare for Everyone
Intermediate Business Analyst (Current Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAApril 8, 2015
Working at Blue Shield for the past three years has really given me a chance to see a huge non-profit company really take excellent strives at making healthcare affordable for all. They really value their employees and keep them motivated to want to help all of their customers get the best customer experience.
Good working place
System Analyst - FACETS (Current Employee), CaliforniaApril 8, 2015
i have learnt about various lines of business in US healthcare . It is fun working at this place and a lot of learning. All co workers are very supportive and energetic.
Very old school
Project Manager (Current Employee), San FranciscoApril 6, 2015
The IT department is mostly a vendor management department. Very silo-ed. Hard to have collaboration among various vendors.
Good Working Environment
Business Analyst (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAApril 6, 2015
Pros: Good people with positive environment
Cons: I can't think any
During a typical day at work, i like to meet first thing on Monday to discuss our priorities for the week. I make sure i have completed all necessary communication for the week via email and in person, and create a list of priorities for next week. I have learned so much in my previous work. I never have hardest time at work, unless I have some work to do before my due date. Enjoyable part is Lunch time with my co -workers.
Productive, Fast-Paced Environment
Wollborg Michelson, Group Processor (Current Employee), El Dorado, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great Working Environment
Cons: Temporary Assignment
There are no typical days at Blue Shield of CA. But the majority of my work consists of processing requests from the member level team through a program called EC+. This consists of building new classes, adding all plans or specific plans to those classes. Also some classes require subgroups to be built along those classes and billing entities. Plans built are also linked to commission arrangements done by me the processor. Another assignment is to audit Manual Renewals processed by other processors. This entails going into groups and confirming that plans are accurately built according to group selections and all plans have been linked to the commission. Also, must confirm members have been moved to new corresponding plans for the upcoming plan year and notes have been made in the group as to what the processor had done.

What I have learned is teamwork is key. Being able to rely on co-workers and management is nothing but beneficial in a heavy work, fast paced environment.

My co-workers are like my family. We have a closeness where we are able to share thoughts, feelings, questions, concerns about anything work related.

Hardest part of the job when complicated senarios occur and there is no current supervisor around to confirm which senario to proceed with, in which case I must put to the side until that confirm is made.

Everyday is enjoyable!
HIgh-stress, and not transparent
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), El Dorado Hills, CAMarch 25, 2015
This company does not value it's employees. It outsources every thing it can, and lays off department after department, all the while swearing that won't happen. They announced it to our department just before Christmas. It is an extremely high-stress environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About Blue Shield Of California

Blue Shield of California, an independent member of the Blue Shield Association, is a not-for-profit health plan dedicated to – Read more

Blue Shield Of California Salaries