Blue Sky Therapy Employee Reviews

Low Stress
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PANovember 3, 2017
The therapy department has a good group of people that work well with each other. The staff is always there to help out even the district manager if we need help in the therapy dept.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Wanting the employees to use their PTO when hours were low for the week.
Employee (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 24, 2017
I had a working relationship with all of my team members. I usually worked many hours hours per day. There are many wonderful and hardworking people that work at Blue Sky Therapy.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Not very transparent
Friendly and knowledgeable staff
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHAugust 3, 2017
Enjoy working for this Therapy agency as PRN COTA/L traveling to SNF in Trumbull and Mahoning Counties. Continue to learn information pertinent to my occupation from knowledgeable staff. Easy to get along with and good attitudes.
Pros
Free lunches during company celebrations with various SNF. Free continuing online courses
Cons
Expected high productivity demands
Terrible Company
PTA (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHMay 21, 2017
They call you and hire you PRN. Send you an e-mail "Welcome to our PRN team." Demand you get ALL your paperwork done ASAP including paying out of your own pocket for background check as well as a physical and then NEVER, NEVER call you!!! Contacted me on March 8th, 2017, and completed all paperwork within two weeks. Called, called and called to set up orientation. Two months later, received a text message asking if I "Was still interested." Very unprofessional and unorganized!!! Terrible company, they will not return phone calls, especially HR. Highly recommend you do NOT pay for background check or a physical out of your own pocket due to they'll tell you you'll get reimbursement for background check, but they'll never really hire you or even call you to work PRN. Never have I had a company in my entire career act this unprofessional!!!
Pros
Cons
Very unorganized and will lead you on as well as getting your hopes up for a job!!!
Fun place to work with well qualitifed people.
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 19, 2017
Blue Sky provides educational opportunities. The staff in each facility is very helpful and qualified to perform their jobs. Overall Blue Sky is a good company. Their scheduling is disorganized. There is a very high turn around with hiring. Their benefits are expensive.
Pros
great co-workers, good education and experience
Cons
90% productivity, high demands on documentation, disorganized scheduling.
No Job security, if you are looking for hours and job security this is not the place to work
COTA/L PRN (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHMarch 22, 2017
I was hired on in November 2016 as a PRN COTA completed orientation and all the necessary procedures, was told I would be getting a call within a week to work. It is now March 2017 and I have never been called 1x to work. When asking why I was told the census is down and they are slow although job postings keep appearing. There have been 5 job postings for the same job PRN COTA since I was hired on in November. I called the rehab manager inquiring as to why they are not using already hired on PRN and was once again told it is slow and they are only posting to build up the PRN list which makes no sense at all. Why would you build up a PRN list when you are not using the PRN staff you already have? There is no job security in this company, I have since found out they get a kick back for hiring and signing PRN staff. Once the hire process is complete they don't use you. Very unprofessional.
Pros
Other disappoints very easy to work with
Cons
No job security
Good team of therapists
Director of Rehabilitation (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 11, 2017
Do not get promoted for your hard work or commitment to company. Some of the craziest personalities get promoted.
One of the regional directors has a personality issue and will sabatoge staff instead of supporting them.
Pros
Corporate tries to promote fun in workplace
Cons
Poor regional manager, promote staff who are poorly respected
Did not provide the work promised.
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OH 44406February 21, 2017
Great learning environment for computer documentation, treatment techniques, long term care treatment flow/expectations. When the work load decreased my patient schedule was significantly affected and I was unable to maintain a consistent salary .
Pros
friendly environment, friendly and helpful coworkers
Cons
not enough consistent work for a part time position
Worst company and unprofessional management
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2017
Management is completely unprofessional and ... psychotic. The schedules vary, documentation for evaluating therapists is high. Poor follow through.
Poor experience.
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 5, 2017
A typical day with this company was stressful. Although they provided continuing education, the overall learning was not there. The expectations for this job were not reasonable and staffing support was not there. This company took on a contract they could not maintain and made promises to employees they were not able to keep and possibly had no intention on keeping.
Great place to work.
PRN Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHJune 25, 2016
Blue Sky Therapy offers the PRN therapist the ability to work at multiple nursing homes to provide skilled therapy, The therapy staff have been both friendly & helpful in getting me acclimated.
Flexible work schedule
Occupational Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHApril 21, 2016
Very flexible work schedule. Difficult to acquire vacation days. Involvement from rehab manager was non existent. Poor support from mgmt., regarding work related issues.
Excellent company to work for!
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 2, 2015
Blue Sky Therapy promotes a family first culture in which people work hard and are rewarded. Clinical outcomes in which the patient are put first is driven from the top down. Blue Sky provides great advancement opportunities at all levels. Blue Sky is innovative and creates excellent opportunities for the staff to meet the needs of each person they encounter with unique Centers of Excellence and continued training. I have really enjoyed my time at Blue Sky Therapy, and I look forward to many more years.
Pros
Many opportunities at all levels
Cons
N/a
Once you work for Blue Sky you'll want to stay with them forever!
Rehab Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHNovember 8, 2015
I have worked for Blue Sky for almost 7 years and I couldn't imagine ever being with another company. Blue Sky cares about quality resident care and is always seeking out innovative ways to deliver that care through niche programs. The other great thing about Blue Sky is not only are they passionate about maintaining quality of life for the residents they serve, but they truly care about their employees. They offer educational opportunities in which you can better yourself as a clinician and also obtain free CEUs; lots of support from the field support center as Blue Sky truly wants every employee to succeed; competitive wages; and an employee bonus program. I could go on and on. As mentioned in some reviews, there may be time in which a caseload is difficult, but it's up to the therapist to build a caseload in order to be able to maintain hours and Blue Sky gives you all the tools and support you need to be able to do that and be successful. It is a great asset to you and your team to have the ability to build a caseload. Any seasoned therapist with realistic expectations will tell you that a caseload just doesn't fall into your lap when you work in long-term care.
Pros
Competitive wages, free ceus, employee support, bonus program, discount program, overall positive atmospheres and a happy company to work for
Cons
Zero
Great job satisfaction
therapist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2015
Wonderful company to work for! Blue Sky Therapy is without question the front leader of contract therapy services in PA.
Flexibility, family friendly, great management
Rehab Manager, LPTA (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHAugust 5, 2015
Supportive management and excellent quality assurance at the corporate level. Blue Sky Therapy really cares about its employees!
Pros
great corporate team, flexibile, advancment
Cons
health insurance
Best Job
Rehab Manager (Former Employee) –  East Liverpool, OhioApril 29, 2015
Managed therapy staff and assessments for MDS. Great company, staff, work environment and experience. Flexible schedule, minimal travel and good benefits.
Productive and excellent teamwork
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OhioFebruary 6, 2015
Working with this unique team, we all have a special bond in which productivity was 90% at all times, Spirits are high, pt return home rate is high and we are a family. By far the best co-workers I could ask for.
It was close to my house
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worthington PaSeptember 16, 2014
Responsibility included a Site Supervisor assistant position. The responsibility where attending a morning staff meeting for the facility, The PPS minutes, assisting staff with questions, ADL, therapeutic activity, therapeutic exercise, billing, ultra sound, E-stim, moist heat, ice, positioning, self feeding, education of family, and training on adaptive equipment, following the plan of care and meeting the goals written by the OTR, communicating any problems with achieving the goals and keeping the OTR up to date with progress. My supervisor was easy to get along with.
Pros
easy to work with the other employees
Cons
I moved and was over an hour away
Blue Sky Therapy
Assistant to VP Operations (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 24, 2014
After leaving Delphi I was fortunate to find this job during the peak of the 2008 recession.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Blue Sky Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8