As a leading general agency in Kansas City, Blue Star Benefits partners with leading health insurance carriers, including BlueCross BlueShield, United Healthcare, Humana and Delta Dental to provide a wide breadth of insurance options for clients.
As a general agency, we have in-depth knowledge of insurance carriers’ products and underwriting standards. We pass this knowledge to our brokers, giving them the tools needed to provide individual and group clients with the most comprehensive and cost-effective options.
We are currently seeking a part-time experienced tax accountant to join our team of professionals to help with taxes. Candidate should enjoy challenging work and have the desire to learn and grow with our team. Comprehensive competency in accounting, tax planning, consulting and research required.
- Review or prepare complex individual, partnership, corporate, estate, gift, nonprofit and information tax returns.
- Provide timely, high quality customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Anticipate and identify tax issues and concerns, provide consultative and strategic solutions to resolve identified issues.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of federal and state tax rules and strategies.
- Conduct and comprehend research of tax planning and compliance matters, draft correspondence and summarize conclusions.
- Prepare thorough documentation for tax planning and compliance issues, including supporting research and conclusions reached.
- Analyze accounting and tax information to determine proper treatment for tax compliance and planning.
- Represent BlueStar Benefits in IRS inquiries, including onsite audits. Respond to tax notices and IRS information requests.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Master’s degree in Taxation or Enrolled Agent is strongly preferred.
- Minimum three to five years of recent tax experience in public accounting (more preferred).
- Experience preparing and reviewing individual, partnership, corporate and other tax returns.
- Proficient with tax research and tax software applications
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team with little supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to provide superior client service.
Compensation will be based on qualifications and level of experience
As a leading general agency in Kansas City, Blue Star Benefits partners with leading health insurance carriers, including BlueCross...