BLUE TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Good Place To Learn Outside Sales
Technology senior Field Executive (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 27, 2017
Good place to start and learn good habits as an outside sales rep. Monday mornings from 8-12 you are making phone calls. You must start and for the most part, end your day at the office. Wednesday mornings team meetings and first Wednesday of each month, there is a mandatory company wide meeting that does not begin until after 5. Tough sale and industry, but being micromanaged helps to create good habit. Good stepping stone to move onto bigger and better things.
it ok
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2017
it an ok place to work at management is are fair. the work is not hard to me at all. to me there nothing hard about the job. you will learn a lot about copy machines
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 18, 2017
The company Blue Technologies Smart Solutions is a great place to work. With many different departments and cross team effort there is always someone who can help with any problem.
Great Company
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2017
Coming to Blue Technologies was a great decision. Since my first day I have been appreciated and respected in my role. As a millennial I had hesitations coming to a company where there is an obvious age difference among the departments. However, after my first day you get to know the history behind the company and realize it truly is amazing that there are individuals who have been here 10, 15, 20 years and you get to utilize their knowledge and guidance.

Blue truly is an amazing company to work for. If you want to feel respected, valued, and that you are making a difference I suggest you give them a try.
Pros
great atmosphere, good growth within the company when you are performing
Cons
expectations are high for above average results.. always
good company
Driver warehouse (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 24, 2017
they are a good company I left only because there was little room for advancement at the time I was there but the management was good there
Pros
got to meet interesting people there
Cons
some equipment there is heavy
Management negative - negative environment
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Poor work place. Was no structure to the company. The technology that I was selling was outdated. The price of the equipment that I was selling was overpriced. To get a deal, it was always out of book which meant that was out of my salary. My manager was never in because of personal reasons. No management. Very negative place to work. Since I left in July 5 other employees have left.
Pros
Compensation with promo opportuniites
Cons
Management/Structure of business/selling overpriced MFP's
It was a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Not a line of work I wanted to be part of, but it was a good company to work for. If you like sales then it could be a good fit for you.
I got my wings and learned how to fly here.
Major Account & High Volume Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Basically this is where I was born and raised in outside sales. The training is top notch and the management team is fair, firm and consistent.
Pros
Training and great support from upper management.
Sales organization selling Konica Minolta Bizhubs
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 24, 2013
I spent my time cold calling businesses in my territory and attempting to sell Bizhubs.
Pros
I was around some really good sales people, learned a lot about selling
Cons
Tough sale, lots of competition.
Great workplace with true dedication and loyalty from independent owners
IT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2012
I take great pride in working for a company with such hardworking and loyal owners. They truly care about the company and each individual employee. Being in IT, I think that it is great to see foresight from management and the desire to stay ahead of the competition. There have been constant improvements and additions to our offerings and this innovative thinking is exactly what I have been looking for in a company.
Pros
innovation, bonus perks/incentives, community service
Work hard, play hard
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2012
Exciting, results-driven environment where hard work is highly rewarded. Management is supportive and challenges reps to learn new things every day. Competitions and prizes keep things fun and fast paced. Best part is forming long term relationships with new and existing customers.
Pros
great compensation/benefits, fun incentive trips/prizes, learn something new every day
Cons
often take admin work home with me to work on in the evenings
Excellent
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2012
Blue Technologies is a great place to work and excel. Blue always tries to meet the needs of its employees and customers. Blue has proven its success and will continue to do so by growing.

Blue has an open door policy where you can communicate with owners honestly and freely. co-workers are very friendly and diligent about their work. i just started working here in September and i feel i have known some of the employees forever.

Blue is big on giving back to the community and i am proud to be a member of Blue's team.

Hardest part of my job is learning the business and the software but Blue offers needed training.

Most enjoyable part of my job is i get to go workout on lunch hour, a luxury i never had in the past.
Pros
free lunches, flexibility, open door policy
Not fun place to work at bad management
Technology Consultant / Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2012
Your just a number and your only as good as they like you.
Not fair management
Pros
president is a honest person
Cons
management stinks
Horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  ClevelandOctober 9, 2012
A good old boy camp of football has beens wishing they were still in college. They reminisce ad nauseum.
Management leads as if copier business will be around for a while.....no clue about paperless technology and about 5 years behind competition.
Also an uncomfortable environment if you're an attractive woman. There aren't many there except in sales and the "younger & friendlier" the better. Favortism....great place to succeed for a "princess", i.e. relative of owner.
Closest persona to snake oil sales culture in Ohio.
Would have given negative star rating for Culture/Values if an option.
Pros
unless having managers constantly yell and belittle is your idea of a pro
Cons
not enough time or space to list
Mercedez Benz of copier/printer industry
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2012
Great company! The only problem is the copier industry is going paperless very fast. Blue Technologies offeres paperless solutions, but the commission is not nearly the same as selling a $20,000 copier.
Pros
nice base salary, commission, benefits
Cons
industry is evolving, the need for copiers has diminished
Blue Technologies is a small but efficient business...
Owner (Current Employee) –  Rochester nyJanuary 5, 2012
Very Fair Pricing and each job is catered to the customer. Blue Technologies as a small company can handle any job big or small...