BLUE TECHNOLOGIES Employee Reviews

Management negative - negative environment
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 28, 2015
Poor work place. Was no structure to the company. The technology that I was selling was outdated. The price of the equipment that I was selling was overpriced. To get a deal, it was always out of book which meant that was out of my salary. My manager was never in because of personal reasons. No management. Very negative place to work. Since I left in July 5 other employees have left.
Pros
Compensation with promo opportuniites
Cons
Management/Structure of business/selling overpriced MFP's
It was a job
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2015
Not a line of work I wanted to be part of, but it was a good company to work for. If you like sales then it could be a good fit for you.
I got my wings and learned how to fly here.
Major Account & High Volume Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 30, 2014
Basically this is where I was born and raised in outside sales. The training is top notch and the management team is fair, firm and consistent.
Pros
Training and great support from upper management.
Great workplace with true dedication and loyalty from independent owners
IT (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2012
I take great pride in working for a company with such hardworking and loyal owners. They truly care about the company and each individual employee. Being in IT, I think that it is great to see foresight from management and the desire to stay ahead of the competition. There have been constant improvements and additions to our offerings and this innovative thinking is exactly what I have been looking for in a company.
Pros
innovation, bonus perks/incentives, community service
Work hard, play hard
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 13, 2012
Exciting, results-driven environment where hard work is highly rewarded. Management is supportive and challenges reps to learn new things every day. Competitions and prizes keep things fun and fast paced. Best part is forming long term relationships with new and existing customers.
Pros
great compensation/benefits, fun incentive trips/prizes, learn something new every day
Cons
often take admin work home with me to work on in the evenings
Excellent
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 13, 2012
Blue Technologies is a great place to work and excel. Blue always tries to meet the needs of its employees and customers. Blue has proven its success and will continue to do so by growing.

Blue has an open door policy where you can communicate with owners honestly and freely. co-workers are very friendly and diligent about their work. i just started working here in September and i feel i have known some of the employees forever.

Blue is big on giving back to the community and i am proud to be a member of Blue's team.

Hardest part of my job is learning the business and the software but Blue offers needed training.

Most enjoyable part of my job is i get to go workout on lunch hour, a luxury i never had in the past.
Pros
free lunches, flexibility, open door policy
Not fun place to work at bad management
Technology Consultant / Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2012
Your just a number and your only as good as they like you.
Not fair management
Pros
president is a honest person
Cons
management stinks
Horrible management
Sales (Former Employee) –  ClevelandOctober 9, 2012
A good old boy camp of football has beens wishing they were still in college. They reminisce ad nauseum.
Management leads as if copier business will be around for a while.....no clue about paperless technology and about 5 years behind competition.
Also an uncomfortable environment if you're an attractive woman. There aren't many there except in sales and the "younger & friendlier" the better. Favortism....great place to succeed for a "princess", i.e. relative of owner.
Closest persona to snake oil sales culture in Ohio.
Would have given negative star rating for Culture/Values if an option.
Pros
unless having managers constantly yell and belittle is your idea of a pro
Cons
not enough time or space to list
Mercedez Benz of copier/printer industry
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2012
Great company! The only problem is the copier industry is going paperless very fast. Blue Technologies offeres paperless solutions, but the commission is not nearly the same as selling a $20,000 copier.
Pros
nice base salary, commission, benefits
Cons
industry is evolving, the need for copiers has diminished
Blue Technologies is a small but efficient business...
Owner (Current Employee) –  Rochester nyJanuary 5, 2012
Very Fair Pricing and each job is catered to the customer. Blue Technologies as a small company can handle any job big or small...