This job contributes to the success of Blue Wireless by leading store operations in the greater Buffalo area to create and maintain the Blue Wireless experience for our customers and partners. The district manager is required to regularly and customarily exercise discretion in managing the overall operation of the stores within the assigned district. In particular, a majority of time is spent, overseeing the district's store workforce, making management staffing decisions, ensuring district-wide customer satisfaction and product quality, managing the district's sales and operational performance, and managing safety and security within the district. The incumbent is responsible for modeling and acting in accordance with Blue Wireless company principles.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Leadership - Setting goals for the work group, developing organizational capability, and modeling how we work together:
- Develops the store personnel within the district to deliver a superior customer experiences in all stores.
- Drives the implementation of company programs by motivating and supporting the store teams within the district to develop and implement action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Manages through unusual events to keep the district operating to standards.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Blue Wireless.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates key responsibilities and practices to store personnel to ensure smooth flow of operations within the district.
- Reviews store environments and key business indicators at each location within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement in order to provide coaching to the store personnel to take action and achieve operational goals.
Planning and Execution - Developing strategic and operational plans for the work group, managing execution, and measuring results:
- Creates district implementation plans to support execution of company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results. Follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans.
- Monitors and manages all staffing levels within the district. Ensures development and talent acquisition in order to achieve and maintain district operational requirements.
- Utilizes existing tools to identify and prioritize communications and filters communications to the store teams within the district. Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective operations at the store and district level.
Business Requirements - Providing functional expertise and executing functional responsibilities:
- Accesses company resources to support operations and to execute district initiatives.
- Ensures adherence to applicable wage and hour laws for exempt and nonexempt employees and minors.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes reports to identify and address trends and issues in district performance.
Personnel Development & Team Building - Providing coaching, feedback, and developmental opportunities and building effective teams:
- Challenges and inspires personnel to achieve business results
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with personnel in the district by understanding and addressing individual motivation, needs and concerns.
- Ensures personnel adhere to legal and operational compliance requirements.
Summary of Experience:
- Progressively responsible retail experience (5 years)
- Experience analyzing operational and/or financial reports
- Experience in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Experience in a multi-unit environment
- Retail management experience
- Wireless sales experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage the overall operations of multiple stores independently
- Knowledge of retail operations
- Organization and planning skills
- Strong operational skills in a customer-service environment
- Supervisory skills
- Team-building skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to build relationships
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Working knowledge of business processes and system development
- Knowledgeable of trends and changes in the market/retail landscape
- Established time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead functional teams to deliver results
- College degree is required