NS BlueScope Coated Products is a joint venture between Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metals Corporation and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to best serve the Western U.S. market
FUNCTION SUMMARY Operations
The Plant Maintenance Engineer is accountable for leading the development of maintenance plans and strategies for the equipment they support as well as the processes utilized in the execution of all Maintenance and Engineering activities.
The key role of this position is one that of a Reliability Champion whose primary responsibility is one that of development, implementation and execution of maintenance strategies for Improved Plant and equipment reliability by designing preventative maintenance plans, follow up on Plant Equipment issues to Root Causes and implementing fixes, follow up on contingency planning around equipment spares issues and implementing Standard Operation Procedures (SOP’s).
ROLE SUMMARY AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role is primarily responsible for:
- Follow up on line delays to identify root cause
- Lead the development of a maintenance strategy through chosen defined processes
- Develop equipment spares contingency planning
- Develop a maintenance budget for required area
- Lead technical troubleshooting where required
- Report on plant reliability Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Champion plant reliability improvement capital related projects
- Lead execution of improvement projects
- Routinely Conduct Customer Base Contact through reliability reviews across all shifts
- Ensure routine safety meeting and observations are routinely carried out, identifying and ensuring any identified improvements are put in place
- Conduct regulatory training for site employees
- Assist in achieving plant reliability targets
- Lead technical troubleshooting as required
- Report on KPI’s in monthly report and update maintenance personnel
- Complete assigned projects on time and within budget
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to deliver outcomes through productive relationships with others. Important role relationships include:
- Maintenance & Engineering Manager
- Plant Manager
- Production Associates
- Peer Roles
EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCE REQUIRED
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or related field
- 5+ years experience in related process or equipment specific role
- Experience working in a steel processing environment desired
- Experience with management of capital projects
- Reliability Improvement Methodology (RCM type) training required
- Specific Process Related Knowledge is Important in this position as it requires Hands On technical coaching, as well as Technical Troubleshooting when required.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form
- Deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operation and maintenance manuals, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Maintaining environmental regulation compliance
- Ensuring compliance with all safety policies and procedures
- Establishing low cost, high quality and efficient manufacturing techniques
- Maintaining superior equipment reliability
Job Type: Full-time