Bluebird Care

Bluebird Care Employer Reviews

Do not work here, worst employment to date!
Domiciliary carer (Former Employee), DorsetFebruary 17, 2014
When I started working at Bluebird care, I was not expecting this level of poor management, including from the company director herself! I think communication is by far the greatest issue in this company:
Failure to recognise when other staff are on holiday abroad and phoning them to cover shifts.
Failure to devise rotas properly and resulting in endless – more... phonecalls to get people to cover shifts and make you feel evil when you don't agree to cover shifts.
Failure to notify care staff when customers are in restbite, so turn up to an empty house.
Failure to PAY correct sums, including for holidays.
Failure to keep their customers due to poor care and resulting in 1 customer left in my area by the time I left this company, so 1 hour per carer per week.

Got a question you need answered? Be prepared to chase a minimum of 5 times with a 2 week wait.
I could go on, but honestly do not work for this company.
I was passionate about the role itself and the wonderful people I worked with, but I could not bare to keep hearing stories of how no one ever turns up when I wasn't around. – less
Worst company ever be kind to yourself stay clear
Care worker (Former Employee), Tyne and WearFebruary 2, 2014
Cons: long hours low wage and fiddled out of mileage
Well where do I start thought this company really did care as they home across like they do in interview and training if you like to call it that don't be fooled the management do not care at all long hours no days off and when you are due a day off you are asked to cover if you say no then you get the worst rota times ever please keep your sanity stay – more... away – less
Went from happy to depressed person working for bluebird! PLEASE don't do this to yourself!
care worker (Former Employee), reigateJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: pay for mileage
Cons: everything else!
This space is not quite enough room to list all the disgusting things about this company! Just put it this way greedy! The office earn a monthly bonus for every time they reach their target of gaining new customers! These customers are just a bonus to them nothing else! All they give two craps about is there bonus at the end of the month! Therfore you – more... are crammed with calls all day every day even when u are not available and if you dare say you can't do it they make you out to be some sort of bad person! (They would have us all out working 7am-10pm 7 days a week as all they want is their bonus for extra customers not care about our welfare) I was actually so overworked I was taken into hospital with a bad infection one day as it was left untreated for so long due to the fact I was working such long hours I could not possibly go to the drs! If you care about your health or the respect for yourself in anyway do not do this! Also no break time is not given on some days I worked, I had heard of many care workers complaining of working a 15 hour day without any break given! Not only is this illegal it is also disgusting for a company to do this! No travel time is payed so therefore you are working nearly 4/5 hours in a full day (I have worked out)which is not paid as it is travel to and from customers! Over the month this is A LOT of money lost! Management is so poor I have been in tears on the phone to my manager several times, she told me that she understands how I feel about working long hours and told me she has done it many times and knows the customers well! ( I later found out she had only in fact ever been and cared for 1 out of our 100's of customers, ONLY 1) I was not the only one with these views I did training with 9 others, within the week I started I had found out only myself and another were still left standing as everyone else left! I have carers always complaining everyday about this company no wonder why people come and go SO often! Its a joke, I went from being a happy person to being in tears nearly every day and dreading work so much I actually handed in my notice with no job to go to as my health, social life and well being is more important then a company that treat employees like this! – less
terrible management and treated horribley
office (Former Employee), no commentNovember 5, 2013
Pros: working hours, was a fulltime job
Cons: management, treatment to staff, stress, money, no praise, constant emails and phone calls
No training, no support, left to own devices. management and care of staff was horrible, numerous staff left within time there. Worst most stressful job I have ever been in, completely knocked my confidence. Do not buy into the way they try sell jobs to you. It is completely nothing like what they claim your job will be like. Even when I was home trying – more... to relax I was recieving work calls and texts and emails out of work hours- harrasing and stressful. – less
Kind and caring
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Ramsgate, ENGApril 6, 2014
I worked for Bluebird care for over 4 years.I would recommend working for this company. They take care of their staff and are always there when u need to talk. I enjoyed working for Bluebird and will miss the staff. They are strong on training and making sure you and the service users are safe.
Sddfgghhh
Carer (Former Employee), Southend and RockfordApril 3, 2014
Cons: plentye
Rubbish company, couldn't organise a in a paper bag only been here 4 months!! Had many jobs none like this cowboy firm, never allowed travel time so always late for clients. Shifts started from 7am-10.00pm big gaps I between calls, always expected to drop everything to do a call at the last minute. No communication skills, never briefed on new clients, – more... always 2nd guessing clients needs. When there was a double man job no one used to turn up and I have had occasions where the client has phoned office to say they were out for the day and I never got the message so when I arrived the client was out and therefore a wasted journey. The wear and tear on your own car is not worth the wage. If you have any planned holidays they freeze you out of any work for the week you arrive back. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS FIRM you will regret it – less
Not able to continue in that line of work after getting injured a couple of times.
Carer (Former Employee), croydonMarch 26, 2014
Pros: very good service, high quality care, very professional and organizational skills.
Cons: if one gets hurt or injured, depending on how bad it is can be a great blow to your health and set-back in your finances.
I have worked for Bluebird Care since November 2011. About a year in work, I was sent to a client on my own, (because we were short staffed) which was a double up call because the use of a hoist was involved, the client lost her balance and fell on me. I had to go to the Hospital in that instance, and a few other times because of clients falling and – more... causing my wound to re-open. I love helping people, but I've got to be careful, because I've had swelling in my knees and veins now about a year and struggling to get to work. My Doctor wrote a letter to my company requesting they reduce my hours to 18 hrs a week, and I ended up doing 14-15 hrs and eventually had to stop because I was in too much pain. I am applying for work that best suites me, because I still get pains and have to take painkillers at times. Bluebird is a good company and they have worked with me and understood my situation. My manager has had talks with me, that the job requires me to be on my feet and I need to consider continuing in that line of work. My last day worked was Frid.31/Jan./14

S. Abna – less
Offered a job. Bluebird care newcastle
Care assistant (Former Employee), NewcastleFebruary 17, 2014
I applied for a job with blue bird and went for an interview. I must say the person who interviewed me seemed lovely and all staff in the office had smiles.
During the interview I was asked what I would be able to work and that during my probationary period I could not alter the days or times and that was fine by me!
I was told training was continuous- – more... this I was over the moon with. They sounded very client focused which I liked. I was told I would be paid £6.75 per hour and mileage on top... However it was a zero hour contact.
I accepted the job and then came across these reviews. So I asked the question:
If I was to be on a 7-1 shift will I be paid for them 5 hours or only the time I am with the service user? The answer is the service user. Now imagine if that is a 1hr round trip and you spend 15mins with the service user. Your pay for 1hr and 15 mins would be £1.38 this to me is unacceptable. Basically I don't expect payment on travelling to work. So say my 1st stop was 7am I don't expect to be paid from when I leave my house but when I start shift I expect to be paid for all the hours that are being used up in my day in order to provide care for people in different areas not just when I get to their home. Now I'm not in it for the money but I'm not going to take time away from my children and not earn a wage to support them.
I was very excited. Now I am very frustrated.
I'm lead to believe this is normal for home care... No wonder there are so many jobs available!! – less
I enjoy the varied work and meeting people and the flexible hours.
Domiciliary Carer (Current Employee), Swindon, ENGJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: style of management is lacking in communication with carers.
I love my work and have generally enjoyed working with this company, but have become increasingly unhappy with the management.
Very well managed
Part Time Home Care Worker (Current Employee), Weston super MareJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: good salary
Cons: do not get paid for travel time
I enjoy working at Bluebird but I need to start working nights and they have no vacancies available at present.
Good quality company in a demanding environment.
Senior Carer (Current Employee), AlresfordDecember 18, 2013
Good team attitude with office and carers working together to get the job done.
Great company to work for
Care Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Dun Laoghaire & Co. wicklowDecember 9, 2013
Pros: making a difference to people.
Cons: long hours
A typical day for me would be going to my customers from 9.00 up till 22.00 some days,depening on how many customers I have, also what day of the week it is. During those hrs I may have supervisions and reviews to carry out.
I have learned to say no if my work load is too heavy, so that I can give my best to customers and careworkers if they need me.
Management – more... are very professional and will do their upmost to accommodate holidays and sickness where ever possible.
I get on extremely well with my co workers, and find most of them willing to take on extra tasks to cover sickness and holidays.
The hardest part of the job is losing customers, as you become very attached to them, even if you try not to,as you are very much apart of their extended family and they apart of yours too.
The best thing about my job is being with my customers as well as working along side my fellow careworkers. I really love my work. – less
Potential to be amazing
Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Tamworth, ENGNovember 23, 2013
Private care is a hard field to break and with the right attitude and leadership it can be very lucrative. I felt that the owners became more interested in money than the service users which affected the business in a negative way.
However, I can't complain as my direct manager was very good and developed me from carer right through to coordinator to – more... a position where I was ready for care manger myself.
This was very demanding and highly stressful. I would not have worked there at all if I'd have been more aware of the care industry before I applied for the job... Sorry BBC. x – less
A very rewarding place to work
Administrator (Current Employee), Colchester, ENGOctober 17, 2013
Pros: hours that fit around my family
My days are never the same, i can be out attending to customers, or in the office completing risk assessments and care plans, filing and coordinating. I am learning all the time in different areas and am currently studying for NVQ level 3 business & admin. i work closely with my colleagues and we are a good, solid team. the hardest aspect of my job – more... is as a company we are not always able to make every customer completely happy. this can be somewhat disheartening. for me, this is one of the most rewarding jobs i have had the pleasure to experience. – less
Don't waste your time
Carer (Former Employee), SussexOctober 10, 2013
Cons: not enough space!!!
Worked for a branch in West Sussex please don't waste your time. Poorly run and poor treatment of staff!!!!!
Badly managed company
Care Assistant (Current Employee), Belper, ENGSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: lack of hours
Very rewarding job but poorly managed company with little communication.
great management team and a great workplace to learn
Care Assistant (Former Employee), Glasgow, SCTAugust 28, 2013
Pros: meeting new people, management keen to train all staff and help them gain qualifications
Cons: 0 hours contract, no job security, long days and long travelling distance
Visiting service users in their own homes assisting them with tasks such as personal care, housework, meal preperation or doing some shopping for or with them. I enjoyed interacting with the service users and facing the new challenges that would arise on a daily basis. The hardest part of this job was the travelling in between service users as it was – more... a small conmpany the service users at times had big distances betweeen them and this travelling time i was not paid for which would mean i spent for time travelling between service users than actually working. – less
No care all about money
Carer (Current Employee), East HertsJuly 24, 2013
Pros: good co workers
Cons: too much driving clients too far apart
Worked for Blue Bird as I wanted a rewarding role and hopefuly make a difference. The Directors of the branch had no idea about care and only cared about the money. I drove around 200 miles on my first week for the company and they told me to take a loan out as I said I couldnt afford the petrol. We only had three days training most of it irrelevant – more... and I learnt more from one of the other carers on a half hour double up shift than on the three days training. The Directors want to remember that with out the careres and Service users they wouldnt have a business they are rude and uncaring to both. The Managers were good they had both worked in the care sector as carers so knew what they were talking about. Pay day came and I earnt next to nothing what with petrol, paying for my CRB and uniform and the directors taking out the money they loaned me for petrol so I could do their work. – less
Fantastic job but no company structure
Domiciliary Care Worker (Former Employee), Daventry, ENGJune 29, 2013
Pros: rewarding
Cons: poor management, long days, a lot of travelling.
nature of the caring element of the job is brilliant, a lot of diverse care needs, really self rewarding.

Management and structure of business is severely poor.
Good company to work for
care worker (Current Employee), petersfieldJune 20, 2013
Pros: most managers were easy to talk to, enjoyed meeting new people and feeling valued.
Cons: long hours, dragged out through the day. out the hours for 12 hours but only earning 6 hours worth of money
Enjoyed communicating with people I visited, learned many new skills. Enjoyed working independently yet still socializing. Often didnt know where I stood with work hours as they changed often, had long breaks inbetween visits which wasnt too useful. Lack of communication in office.

1 2 3