The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
1. Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
2. Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
3. Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
4. Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
5. Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
6. Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
7. Create, change, and delete user accounts on systems per request.
8. Provide desktop support per requests as required. Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
9. Repair and recover from hardware or software system failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
PLEASE APPLY ON-LINE AT WWW.BLUEBIRDNETWORK.COM