BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Employee Reviews

Great place to leave at the end of the day
Business Research Analyst III (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 6, 2015
Pros: Co-workers
Cons: little to no chance of advancement without leaving and coming back
The people are the best part of the job. Most teams foster professional and personal relationships easily. Depending on the department and position the workload can range from minimum to unrealistically obtainable.
Beautiful work environment - great people!
Project Manager (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 22, 2015
Pros: gym
Great place to work, fast paced environment, team focus, flexible word schedule, leading edge technology, beautiful campus, cafeteria on site.
Good job
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 21, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Very difficult to maintain productivity.
It is a great place to work, especially for women or single parents. You also have great perks, such as an onsite gym and pharmacy.
BlueCross BlueShield cares about their members
Provider Inquiry Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 13, 2015
BlueCross BlueShield cares about the members of our communities. The company has ventured into the Behavioral Health market; a much needed specialized area.
RUN-- this is no longer a decent company to work for.
research (Former Employee), Chattanooga TnApril 9, 2015
Pros: FLEXTIME
Cons: Micromanagement, Managers who have no idea what your job consists of.
WARNING------ this company no longer cares about it's employees in any way. Each year our benefits are reduced and we are told it's because the company is offering 'comparable' benefits as other companies. Senority means absolutely NOTHING anymore. An employee with the company for 2 years will make the exact amount as someone who has been there 25 years. This works the same for vacation time as well.

Management makes all these changes to procedures without having any idea how the job is actual done and then doesn't understand when performance drops. You spend more time having to track different things than you do actually able to complete your work.

BOTTOM LINE. STAY AWAY. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. IS NOT WORTH YOUR SANITY.
Do NOT take any job for PIO!
Claims Examiner PIO (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 22, 2015
Pros: cafeteria, gym, and pretty campus.
Cons: prison mentality, hard to advanced, strict polices.
Claims Examiner Trainee -
Provider Interplan Operations
***RUN and Do Not Apply***

The training never ends for this job and you can still be fired for training a year+ out.

The PIO dept treats their employees like it's a prison, emailing you for being a minute late and following you to the bathroom and walking up and down the isles.

So, ready to go to another position/dept ASAP. Praying that happens soon.
Quality healthcare is most important
CASE MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 19, 2015
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: college graduates are not promoted to higher paying jobs within the organization
this organization is very committed to building better health and delivering better health care options to employee's and enrollee's. The organization was a safe and fun enviroment to work in. I would like to see this organization support college adult graduates with pay raises and promotion.
customer service and claims
CSR/Claims (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: great job and pay with great benefits
Cons: claims is not my favorite job
claims was hard to learn, prefer being on the phone with providers to give benefits
Great environment
Senior Care Division - STARS Intern (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TennesseeDecember 26, 2014
Overall, great experience. The focus is on quality improvement and top talent with current employees.
Wonderful opportunity
Senior Claims Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNDecember 7, 2014
Pros: benefits were great
Great company! Lots of room for advancement. Made a lot of life-long friends. Left this job only because of the work from opportunity I was offered at the next job.
Fun place to work. Really cares about employees
Command Center Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: working wierd schedule in my position dont get much time with family
Great place. Has employee appreciation day and does all kinds of things for their employees.
Fun place to work. Really cares about employees
Command Center Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: working wierd schedule in my position dont get much time with family
Blue Card is a great area to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: nice salary, benefits, and people.
Cons: productivity.
Loved the management, people, job and incentive programs.
Stressful environment
Member Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: micro management in certain departments
The compensation at this job along with the benefits are good but they do not allow much room for advancement no matter how long you have been here.
not sure
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 20, 2014
no advancement

was treated unprofessionally

workload is ridiculous
Not the best place to work
Member Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2014
A terrible place to work they pay well but the things you have to endure at this place is not even worth it. Good Luck to anyone considering working for this company.
Great place in beautiful Chattanooga!
Manager, EDM Ops and General Services (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility for most employees
Cons: constant changes and several recent layoffs
I have been with BCBST in varying capacities for 21 years now. Obviously, I think it's a great place to work! There are times when the culture has not kept up with the marketplace, but with our new CEO, that is changing and quickly. Job security is a thing of the past in any industry right now and insurance is no different. You have to remain flexible and willing to move around and learn new things if you want to stay on...anything and everything will eventually change and you won't want to be left behind when it does.
BCBST has fantastic benefits, excellent flexibility for employees and a strong management/executive team. The health and wellness benefits are far above their competitors as well. Stay fit, work hard and reap the benefits!
Great Place to Work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville,TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: supervisor, benefits
I have worked for various managed care companies in the past and I can honestly say that this is the best company to work for.

My supervisor is great. The benefits are excellent. Do not be fooled by some of these reviews. The benefits,especially health insurance,are the best around. The health perks are awesome. Tuition reimbursement is superb.

Blue Cross Blue Shield really does care about its employees. I know that you do not have to "kiss butt" at this company to get ahead. I recommend this company to everyone.
Not too bad
Consumer Advisor Expert (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: compensation, job perks and discounts
Cons: strict policies and procedures
Pending you are not in customer service, this is not a bad place to work. Let me elaborate and say that customer service isn't necessarily fun anywhere, but the policies and procedures in place here made it downright hellish.
fairly decent
Pre-Existing Expert (Former Employee), ChattanoogaJune 11, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, gym, benefits, flexibilty
Cons: trying to move up is nearly impossible
I worked for them for 10 years. My dept was very flexible, had a super easy boss who basically let us do anything. Never fought for time off, was always able to leave early to accommodate other obligations or just "not felt like working" days..I had many many internal interviews to move up in the company but was never chosen due to the fact they know exactly who they want for the position but they have to interview cuz they have to.

I quit because I relocated. I hated the monotony of working there when I was there but I miss it now. I can't say much for job security (unless you're salary and make great money in the company already) because after I left the dept was eliminated. Employees that had been with them for 16 plus years were basically left to fend for themselves. Some of them are still jobless after 2 yrs. They don't really take care of loyal employees. And that's pretty sad.

1 2 3

About BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST)┬áis the oldest and largest not-for-profit managed care provider in the state of Tennessee. – Read more

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Salaries