BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Fun place to work. Really cares about employees
Command Center Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: working wierd schedule in my position dont get much time with family
Great place. Has employee appreciation day and does all kinds of things for their employees.
Fun place to work. Really cares about employees
Command Center Specialist (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNOctober 27, 2014
Pros: pay is competitive
Cons: working wierd schedule in my position dont get much time with family
Blue Card is a great area to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: nice salary, benefits, and people.
Cons: productivity.
Loved the management, people, job and incentive programs.
Stressful environment
Member Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: micro management in certain departments
The compensation at this job along with the benefits are good but they do not allow much room for advancement no matter how long you have been here.
not sure
Customer Service Expert (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 20, 2014
no advancement

was treated unprofessionally

workload is ridiculous
Not the best place to work
Member Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 7, 2014
A terrible place to work they pay well but the things you have to endure at this place is not even worth it. Good Luck to anyone considering working for this company.
Great place in beautiful Chattanooga!
Manager, EDM Ops and General Services (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2014
Pros: flexibility for most employees
Cons: constant changes and several recent layoffs
I have been with BCBST in varying capacities for 21 years now. Obviously, I think it's a great place to work! There are times when the culture has not kept up with the marketplace, but with our new CEO, that is changing and quickly. Job security is a thing of the past in any industry right now and insurance is no different. You have to remain flexible – more... and willing to move around and learn new things if you want to stay on...anything and everything will eventually change and you won't want to be left behind when it does.
BCBST has fantastic benefits, excellent flexibility for employees and a strong management/executive team. The health and wellness benefits are far above their competitors as well. Stay fit, work hard and reap the benefits! – less
Great Place to Work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville,TNJuly 15, 2014
Pros: supervisor, benefits
I have worked for various managed care companies in the past and I can honestly say that this is the best company to work for.

My supervisor is great. The benefits are excellent. Do not be fooled by some of these reviews. The benefits,especially health insurance,are the best around. The health perks are awesome. Tuition reimbursement is superb.

Blue – more... Cross Blue Shield really does care about its employees. I know that you do not have to "kiss butt" at this company to get ahead. I recommend this company to everyone. – less
Not too bad
Consumer Advisor Expert (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: compensation, job perks and discounts
Cons: strict policies and procedures
Pending you are not in customer service, this is not a bad place to work. Let me elaborate and say that customer service isn't necessarily fun anywhere, but the policies and procedures in place here made it downright hellish.
fairly decent
Pre-Existing Expert (Former Employee), ChattanoogaJune 11, 2014
Pros: great cafeteria, gym, benefits, flexibilty
Cons: trying to move up is nearly impossible
I worked for them for 10 years. My dept was very flexible, had a super easy boss who basically let us do anything. Never fought for time off, was always able to leave early to accommodate other obligations or just "not felt like working" days..I had many many internal interviews to move up in the company but was never chosen due to the fact they know – more... exactly who they want for the position but they have to interview cuz they have to.

I quit because I relocated. I hated the monotony of working there when I was there but I miss it now. I can't say much for job security (unless you're salary and make great money in the company already) because after I left the dept was eliminated. Employees that had been with them for 16 plus years were basically left to fend for themselves. Some of them are still jobless after 2 yrs. They don't really take care of loyal employees. And that's pretty sad. – less
Simple review
Senior Grievance Associate (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 13, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: n/a
I loved the flexibility of the job as far as the working schedule. My co-worker's were great, in my opinion. I had really great managers. The things I learned over my 16 years there will benefit me forever.
Provides a good work environment with strong leadership
contractor for HEDIS audits (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 12, 2014
Pros: the friendly work environment with gym access
Cons: currently there are no cons to the position
Currently doing HEDIS audit abstractions, where I have learned to utilize mutliple programs. I am provided excellent direction and support by management to accomplish the work. As I had worked there previously, I know a lot of the individuals and work well with them. The hardest part of the job is sitting 8 hours in front of multiple computer screens, – more... however, the most enjoyable part of the job is the accomplishment you feel upon completion. – less
Great People!
Lead Data Management Consultant (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TNApril 7, 2014
BCBST is a relaxed place to work. The company takes care of its members and I'm proud to be an employee.
Great learning opprotunities
Claims Examiner (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 18, 2014
Cigna was the first step in my line of professional Healthcare Careers. I appreciate everything that I learn and all the help that was provided by the staff.
Large Health Insurance Company
Change Technology Consultant III (Current Employee), Chattanooga, TennesseeMarch 11, 2014
Great place to start out your career. Overall a fine company
This is a wonderful company to be employed by.
BlueCard Host (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 19, 2014
This company was one that I would recommend to anyone. They allowed me to grow as an employee with great benefits and job advancement.
Company highly invested in world class customer service
Learning Facilitator (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: bonosues
While with this company i received excellent training, wonderful work environment and highly motivated to promote employees within the company
education oriented
PRE-EXISTING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Chattanoga TennesseeJuly 28, 2013
Make sure and keep your own records to back you up.
Some management is helpful some is not. Cross Train as much as possible and have documentation to prove it.
Not a place I would recommend unless you are fake and know how to kiss butt
Expert Correspondent (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMarch 16, 2013
Cons: extreme pressure, high-stress, inconsistencies, favoritism, partiality, discrimination, etc.
BCBST is a place for butt-kissers, 2-faced people who want to get somewhere by who they know and not what they know or what they can do.
blue cross blue shield is a great place to work for
PRE-EXISTING EXPERT (Current Employee), Chattanooga TennesseeFebruary 26, 2013
a typical day is learning something new to help you accomplish your position to best of your ability

About BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (BCBST)┬áis the oldest and largest not-for-profit managed care provider in the state of Tennessee. – Read more