Bluefly Employee Reviews

Great Opportunity (If you make the most of it)
Marketing (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Great culture, company happy hours, friendly/fun people, challenging, lots of face time in meetings and with executives
Cons: Limited Time Off During Peak Holiday Season
This company is very demanding (in a good way), in the end is worth it if you can stand on your own two feet, make decisions quickly and most importantly be open minded. The new executive team cares about their employees and the well being of this company and are trying to make Bluefly the best place to work... They've done a great job so far and are 100% supportive.

I've been able to really grow and learn a lot from every single person here at Bluefly, this opportunity is definitely what you make of it! If you come in here with a negative attitude and aren't willing to grow, be challenged and most importantly embrace change then this place is not for you.
productive and friendly workplace
Developer & SQL Server Admin (Former Employee), NewyorkJune 4, 2014
Worked on different projects involving ASP, VB and ORACLE application development, and SQL server 2000 data migration from ORACLE to a SQL Server data warehouse using stored procedures. The data warehouse is designed for use by different departments such as Finance, Marketing, Buyers and the production team
terrible company to work for
Production (Former Employee), New YorkJuly 9, 2013
This company is an absolute joke. I was an extremely valued and hard working employee for many years. After excelling in my department and receiving glowing performance reviews as well as the promise of a promotion and a raise, I received nothing. Literally. The company went back on their word and decided that the money they owed me "was no longer in the budget" after keeping me waiting in the dark for months. The salary I started with was my salary for my entire employment. The management is absurd. You have supervisors running around who do not understand the operating system, a necessary basis of Bluefly's function, let alone have any idea what tasks their employees do on a day to day basis. This is a company who mistreats their employees, strips them of their benefits, their promotions, their raises and their respect, and then is baffled by the fact that productivity and moral are in the toilet. My last few months consisted of employees banding together to help one another try to find outside work. There is minimal, if any, job security. Employees' jobs and salaries are held at the whim of higher ups, who have no problem slashing already understaffed and underpaid departments in order to save the company money. If you want to see the visual representation of a sinking ship, then hop aboard SS Bluefly. But if you would rather work in a supportive environment where hard work and diligence are rewarded and praised, run the other direction.
Fun workplace in close environment.
Email Marketing Intern (Current Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Pros: free coffee, occasional free lunches, birthday celebrations
A typical day includes pulling metrics from reports of past email campaigns, and putting together future email campaigns. Occasionally I will pull style features to be used in email campaigns, or create subject lines to attract our client base to new sales and products.
Easy going workplace
Email Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 14, 2013
Management is close and will listen to you. Departments work closely together and with other teams. Small company that works closely together on a day to day basis.
Not a good experience
Bluefly, Senior Production Artist/Retoucher (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2012
Cons: bad compensation and raises, horrible work environment, no feeling of job security
When I started working here it was a great company. But over the years the CEO stepped down and it became a horrible place to work. All the extra little benefits we had were taken away. No raises for 2 years and then when we did get them, it was more of a bonus than a raise. About 1/2 of what we used to get as a raise. Super Opaque company, do not discuss what's going on with employees, lots of secret meetings, bred an environment of distrust. People would just disappear without explanation. Absolutely no feeling of job security. Completely unsupportive team members, very hostile environment. If you were let go, many occurances of fighting employees unemployment benefits. Basically a company of sneaky managers and higher ups weaseling their way up in the company and stepping on employees in the process. They do not care about their employees at all. Continually looked over for promotions in favor of less experienced employees despite my outstanding reviews year after year. I would not recommend anyone working for Bluefly.