Bluegrass Supply Chain Services Employee Reviews

Sad place to have to work
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 25, 2016
Stay away from this creepy, dishonest company. They have an Old South plantation mentality toward their workforce. Their timekeeping and payroll is sloppy and when you ask about being shorted for 8, 10, 12 hours every check they act insulted and blame it on you. Stay away. Creepy, creepy people.
Vehicle part inspector
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 21, 2016
Responsibilities consist of much manual labor, however the work environment was keep clean and operations were implemented in order to ensure the workplace was safe. The job enhanced my attention to detail skills along with hand-eye coordination.
Productive and fun work place
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNOctober 26, 2015
A typical day involved the inspection of car parts and documenting how many parts were inspected and how many of those parts had flaws. I learned to pay close attention to detail and be very alert during work hours.
it is ok
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  bowling greenJanuary 21, 2015
Not a very stable job. You are a third party sort company waiting for the day they tell you that you are no longer needed. One wish was to be a more stable position
poor place to work
parts inspector (Former Employee) –  Portland, TNNovember 3, 2014
management does not know how to treat their employees fairly. i got fired for taking my scheduled break for being an inspector on a line.
Good co-workers but poor management
TRUCK PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJanuary 15, 2014
Good co-workers, however, your schedule was never definite and management was lacking.
Great Learning Experience
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNJanuary 1, 2014
I started with Bluegrass when I was a senior in College. They allowed for me to work in the Sales, Warehousing and Quality Assurance department. I learned an array of skills that advanced my knowledge and skill based from day one. I am always wanting to advance myself and become as successful as possible. I'm very ambitious and self-motivated with a passion for learning and gaining new sets of skills. My co-workers were great to me as well as my bosses. The best part of my job was the development of teams. I have done this my whole life and I feel that you are only as good as the people around you which stresses on how important it is to have a well diverse and skilled team with high morale. The hardest part of my job was the development of customer relationships with foreign customers. Working with the Japanese was a pleasure, but the difference in culture was something to get use too. I'm very open minded and enjoy challenges so Bluegrass was the perfect place for me to start my Career.
Pros
The people, diversity, challenges and the broad set of skills that you develop.
Cons
Unstructured
Don't Let Them Fool You. Stay Away!!! Unstable Crazy People and Wannabe Company
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PORTLAND, TNDecember 19, 2013
Pros:
Compensation

Cons:
Unstable
Not a Real Company - They act like leaches and work inside everyone else's.
Claim to be logistic professionals.. HAHAHAHA - Ain't that a joke.
They are nothing but Staffing Company with Pretty Shirts!
They resell labor - If they pay you 12 an hour they are making 30 an hour off of every hour you work. So of course they will expect 60-80 hour work weeks - the more they slave you the more they earn.
Benefits Suck
No Job Security
Make sure you stroke their ego or you will be in need of other employment.
They have no idea whatsoever of what they are doing....AT ALL. Don't try and help them though they will just make you a target.
Turnover rate = Approximately 5-10 employees removed/added to their payroll weekly.
You will be just a number don't think for a minute that they care about you.
No stability, No Organization, No Structure, No Communication
1 Year wait for Vacation Days - Don't worry if you make it that long with the company to actually acquire vacation days they won't let you take them.
They promote people too quick. Work for them 3 days they will make you a supervisor. Constant promotion demotion termination and movement
No discipline no training. Mess up once and they will come to your facility and just ignore you. A few weeks after they will terminate the person.
No one has any idea of what they are doing.

Hey don't say you haven't been warned.
Difficult manager to work for.
Daily worker (Current Employee) –  Moody, ALDecember 17, 2013
Our Team Improved Safety And Reduced Cost. That Was Not Enough. Don't Make A Mistake Someone Will Lose Their Job Over It. Company Changed During The Time I Was There.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Don't make a mistake
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  PORTLAND TNNovember 13, 2013
A typical work day would be at least 12 hours of craziness. Training new employees and complying with the engineers.
Not a good place to work
something (Former Employee) –  KYJuly 24, 2013
I worked there for a few years, the boss tries to micro manage everyone, even the ones he puts in charge. they will ask you to do something and keep checking back about every hour or so until you get it done. The worst part is they don't hire enough people so that you can get it done........there is only 24hrs in a day.
Pros
I got paid fair
Cons
boss tries to micro manage everyone, even the ones he puts in charge.
Kept busy, good pay and ot, taught me things I didn't know
QA Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 19, 2012
My typical day at work; I would go in, get started on my assignment. I learned an extraordinary amount about cars. I learned how to put a seat together, how to check for problems within different materials. My co-workers were not very nice, but they were also from a temp service so we had new people almost everyday. The hardest part of the job was working over time or coming home after 8-10 hours and then getting called back in for a few more hours at night, if we wanted the over time. I enjoyed how friendly the bosses were, they were just not very professional and talked behind peoples backs.
Pros
getting to go back and forth from customer to warehouse, your own free time
Cons
the bosses and people who worked there
Highly Motivated/Skilled Logistics Manager
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 12, 2012
Monitored all operations within the ACSC (Alabama Customer Service Center) facility. Shipping, receiving, repacking and assembly line operations were the main focus for our customer, Honda Manufacturing of Alabama.
I have been working in the automotive industry for the past eight years and have become very knowledgable in this area. I have learned an extensive amount from the Tier II supplier that we were contracted through (SEWS-Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems). I spent a great deal of my time training my associates to be the best employees for our company/customer.
Trabajo con ánimo
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 19, 2017
Es un trabajo cómodo, se trabaja 12 horas, tienen facilidades de turnos
Pros
Temporal
Cons
No es seguro

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegrass Supply Chain Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9