Bluegreen Vacations

Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Ok environment with limited fun
Sales Rep / Sports Marketing Rep (Former Employee), orlando, flMay 22, 2015
I had to stop people at a mall to get them to buy a vacation package. I also had to pitch, and close my sale in order to get paid.
Timeshare job at Bluegreen
Sales Representative (Former Employee), FountainsMay 14, 2015
Pros: Easy and fun work to do.
Cons: The ups and downs of the business make this the hardest job to stay.
This is the most easy hard work I have ever had. I learned to talk with different people with the emphasis in listening to use all said in the selling process.

I loved the managers at Bluegreen. We had a lot of fun during the training classes.

I made very good friends at Bluegreen. The most dearest people to cheer you up and to solve all kinds of problems one may have during the work time. Everyone was so happy with the improvement of each other.

The hardest part of the work was the management of people stress and the for today business nature of the sale to explain to the guests.

The enjoyable part of the job was the ton of fun one had every day. Plus the friendly people one get to know. Not to say the beautiful relationship that many times we created with the guests.
Clean and fun environment, with upbeat and professional co-workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Glendale, AZMay 11, 2015
Pros: Income potential
Cons: Highs and Lows of the seasons and income
Great people to work along side, Training new individuals needs help, certain people in management could use help in people skills and professionalism, but over all good.

Hardest part about the position is, you do not control how many tours/appointments you receive, so on a slow day you could sit around for quite some time.

I enjoy the people I worked with and working with people during the sales process. Overall the position is not difficult for the potential income, but I needed a more steady income at this time.
It's a good place to work, co workers and bosses are nice.
Preventative Maintenance (Current Employee), Harbour LightsMay 11, 2015
I start out retrieving the carts, then I go and check if I ant of the rooms on schedule to be PM'ed are vacant. Once I get a room I go through the list and check everything and fix what needs to be fixed. Lunch at 12 and 12:30 I'm right back at it. I've learned a lot in my short time here. Sometimes I am asked to cover call's (Guest needs, or housekeeping finds) if one of my co-workers are off. The best part of the day is at 8:45 am everyone gets together to discuss how we are doing and what changes are occurring. Its when everyone gets together and it's a nice 15 min meeting.
Fair
Administrative Marketing Support (Current Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCApril 30, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Being treated like a child
Busy
How to/not to speak to the public.
Not very understanding when talking to guests/staff.
Enjoyed working with all co-workers.
Dealing with unhappy guest.
Meeting new people everyday
Good pay when you hit bonus...That's about it.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Saint Pete Beach, FLApril 28, 2015
Pros: Good bonus pay, easy job
Cons: NO job security, NO advancement without a real estate license
Worked at Bluegreen for 7 months. Started in marketing, which was flagging people down and talking them into a "free vacation" along with a sales presentation. Marketing paid terrible, so I was moved to sales. Let's just say, it's all luck in the sales job. Unlicensed reps make $10 an hour, plus monthly commission IF you hit bonus. Bonus is fairly difficult to hit because of cancellations. Sales reps are not allowed to stay in touch with former clients and it's the sales managers responsibility to follow-up with former clients. In turn, if you have a high cancellation rate for more than two months, they will terminate you, even if your managers are following up or not. Reps with low numbers will be approached by managers and sat down and talked with on a daily basis, generally a week before termination. The managers will ensure that the rep will not lose their job if they improve their sales numbers, but the next day the rep will be approached by the director of sales and fired on the spot, with or without write-ups or any type of warning. They push reps to obtain their real estate license so they don't have to pay out the base salary. Even a licensed rep with a high cancellation rate will be terminated. Bluegreen loses a lot of great sales reps because of their way of dealing with sales numbers. I feel a sales person should not be terminated because of cancellations. After all, they did THEIR end of the job by getting the guest to sign the paperwork and submit their payment. I DO NOT recommend this job to anyone with a family that is looking for a position with job security. Sales reps are disposable workers at Bluegreen.
Tough work with little job security but good pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Daphne, ALMarch 26, 2015
Pros: good pay, good benefits
Cons: short breaks, little job security, emotional distress
It seems like easy work but when you're standing on unforgiving concrete in one place for six hours a day all the while being rejected by person after person, this job definitely starts to wear on your psyche. On the other hand, the pay is really good. You get hourly pay on top of commission and cash bonuses for each sale you make and the more sales you make, the higher the commission percentages and cash bonuses are. Plus, there is a specific number of sales that you have to make per week. If you do not meet that number for a certain number of weeks then your job is terminated. Your sales can be effected by the number of people in the store so there is no telling how many people you will actually get the chance to talk to. Your job security is based more on luck than anything else.
Nice company to start timeshare in
Reservationist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2015
This has been great company to me. They are very understand and just want the best. You learn almost everyones name. Depending the department you in there is job security...
Incredible Culture
Funding Specialist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 19, 2015
Bluegreen has an incredible culture that truly brings their motto of "Share Happiness" to life. I am happy to get up each day and enjoy being at work.
fun workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
Pros: rewards staff for hard work
Cons: open 24 hours
It was a great place to kick start my career right out of college, the staff was friendly and motivated to better you. The PTO hours for this job is amazing for this line of work.
Corporate HQ
* (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLMarch 15, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, pay and bonuses. Onsite cafeteria, gym, amenities in complex.
Cons: Getting laid-off
Nice place to work, good atmosphere, nice employees and decent management staff. Good pay, in 5 years my salary went up 6 dollars per hour. I was never micro-managed, as long as you do your job and give at least what they expect, mind your own business, you won't have any issues.
Getting laid off in 2009 was another issue, where I find fault not with my direct supervisor, but the supervisor over him and the whole dept. he calls me that morning from across the room tells me to go to the conference room in a few minutes, I asked if everything is okay he says yea and said I gotta go, then he dissappears. What a cowardly weasel.
Other than that I had a great 5 years, wish that never happened, changed my whole life.
Very fun, competitive workplace with fantastic coworkers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Clarksville, INMarch 11, 2015
Pros: 30 hour work weeks.
Cons: success depends on number of people in the store on a given day.
A typical day includes going into work, being mentally prepared to be positive and excited for what your day will entail. You go and get your sales materials to begin your day. You have a couple of lead slips, intended to stop the customers to give you a chance to talk to them about the services the company provides. Once you stop them you gauge interest in the product, present it, overcome any objections, and close the deal within 3-5 minutes.
Very proud of the our hard work to make what started out as....
Sales Manager- (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 7, 2015
Pros: as a sales manager, getting to work and lears from agents older and under then me.
Cons: working clode to 70-80hrs a week.
....... a small call center that our cooperate office was very hesitant on keeping open..... but the amount of solid, hard work to make what started out to be small, not profitable, in relation to it's location on the strip.... became a well oiled machine.

After to working with a good, make that wonderful group of people, for such a long time, it becomes almost a tight nit family.

It was indeed a blessing to be around older agents to learn from, but allow learning from Agents much younger then me.
No Family Life...But Great Pay Oppertunity
InHouse Sales Manager (Former Employee), Gordonsville, VAMarch 6, 2015
Pros: oppertunity to make over $100k a year
Cons: no summers, no weekends and no tolerance for poor production
This is a great job for an individual with NO kids/family. Management has no clue or education, and have been promoted only off of sales numbers. This leads to very bossy managers with no proper managerial training and this can be hard to deal with daily.
Although you can make a ton of money, not having any weekends or summers can be very tough on a family man or woman.
fast paced and fun work enviroment
Sales (Former Employee), Sevierville, TNMarch 4, 2015
Working here helped me gain more confidence in dealing with guest and helped me learn how to overcome objections and create a great guest experience.
productive, fun work environment.
Activation Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
very fun, energetic work environment. management is very encouraging and positive. i learned a lot about making people happy and going above and beyond.
ehhhh
SENIOR VACATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: 2 weeks free pto, $75 for a week resort stays, pay is good
Cons: not flexible
You are answering phones all day either making payments, booking reservations, or just answering questions. Training is one month and paid 10/hr. After training you go straight to the floor. Its itimidating at first but you eventually catch on.
No Advancement Opportunities
HOA Accountant (Current Employee), Boca RatonFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: 4 weeks vacation
Cons: poor management, tight deadlines, company culture means nothing
This just is right for you, if you want to to stay stagnant. Many employees have been with the company in the same role for over 10 years.
Nice job if you are a people person
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grapevine, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: short shifts, benefits
Cons: inconsistent, affected by too many things
Personality makes you succeed at this job. It is very inconsistent. Income is mainly earned by the amount of sales. coworkers and management are great. Great opportunity for advancement. Fantastic benefits.
4 weeks PTO every year and access to all resorts. 6-7 hour shifts.
ok
Sales (Former Employee), Saint Charles, MOFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the pay
Cons: how it was run
i sold vacations face to face to people in bass pro shop in st louis mo. It was not bad of a job . I work with a team .also on weekends too.

1 2 3 4 5

About Bluegreen Vacations

Founded in 1966, Bluegreen has always provided opportunities for busy families to slow down, relax and share time together. Bluegreen – Read more

Bluegreen Vacations Salaries