Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews

Eat you up and spit you out.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 26, 2017
They bring you in for a project and when done fire you. They tell you they love your work and push you to get done. 15+ hours a day is not unusual. In the end you're fired for no reason.
Pros
Cons
You're expensive.
Not a bad company to work for
Senior Financial Analyst / Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 25, 2017
Limited growth potential, senior management should get more involved with the all day to day operations of the company, especially employees. There is favoritism when promotions are concerned.
Not a long-term fit
Title Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 22, 2017
Temporary position, which I found out upon entering the building could take almost a year to become permanent. On my first day, my manager did not even introduce herself to me until after lunch, which was supposed to be provided for the two of us. After two weeks on the job, I still did not have full computer access and had to constantly hear my trainer complain about it to anyone who would listen. When I worked on what I could do, basically paper shuffling, my trainer would tell me to not work so quickly. Trainer quickly became unfriendly when I addressed with a manager the complaining about computer access. It became so unfriendly that I could not stay.
Pros
It's a paycheck
Cons
unorganized, poor communication, no team spirit
Absolutely terrible!
Just interviewed (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 17, 2017
I went in for an interview and management was very very rude! I was at the interview for an hour and a half waiting for the manager to interview me! I have never been to an interview where management has been so rude!!
productive and easy
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 14, 2017
i loved that because my salary was per hour plus commisions, but its a really bad management and then i found a better company which i feel happy all the time
Pros
time to clock in
Cons
poor management
Sharing Happiness
Welcome Center Representative (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 13, 2017
Depending what site you work in, it's an awesome opportunity. Room for growth, you gain experience. It is never a dull day at Bluegreen. I learned to work with all levels of management.
Not a good opportunity to lead towards
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 13, 2017
Working outside in weather conditions isn't worth the pay along with having a manager that will lie to get you in trouble. Co workers who talk bout you and tell when they feel like your competition.
Pros
Eh
Cons
The weather conditions
fun work place
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 11, 2017
inbound and outbound calls, follow up calls, schedule reservation for vacation get a ways , process paymts, maintain daily h.p.p , promote vacation packages to callers from sweepstake entries,
Pros
fun work place
Cons
short breaks
Some of the management isn't professional... top sellers excel here
Inbound Vacation Sales (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2017
I'm a middle of the road sales person so the money is average. If you're a top seller you'll make MAJOR money here!!

The guests are lower/middle class so be prepared to deal with broke people.

Some managers are micromanagers so be prepared for that too
Pros
You control how much you can make, young managers
Cons
Cracking down on break times, inexperienced management styles
Fun workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2017
This was a job that I took to make some extra money. This job went against everything that I was taught. I felt that this company is not thenough right fit for my level of experience.

Want to know more about Bluegreen Vacations?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace with many great bennefits
Frontline Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNApril 6, 2017
Fun environment where you can help families spend better quality time in better quality places on vacation. On the job training is provided along with qualified prospective clients.
Fun workplace with friendly staff and management
Lobby Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2017
It's an excellent work environment with kind friendly staff and management with plenty of opportunity for growth. Guest are also very friendly and connections are often genuine and exciting.
Great atmosphere and close group of workers
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKApril 4, 2017
A great company to work for. I would recommend this company and its employees to anyone. It is a fast paced sales environment that has unlimited potential. The job just didn't work with my schedule anymore.
Pros
Hourly wages plus commission
Cons
Work every weekend, late nights
Sales
In-House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 1, 2017
Good for certain people but no stable career. Management changed where it made it hard to be happy at work. Also the comp plan was much different when I originally started with the compan
Pros
Ok comp plan
Cons
Changed Managment
Working at Bluegreen is fun and enjoyable! You must be willing to do the job to be successful, compensation is great and hard work pays off!!!
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at Bluegreen is meeting new people all the time. It is fun and enjoyable.

I learned to step out of my comfort zone and talk to strangers and get to know them in just a few minutes. I learned from different people their vacation habits, wants and needs. I enjoyed the most the smiles when I shared the power of affordable vacations with the people and to know that they will be creating memories that will last a lifetime!
Management is always supportive. The hardest part of the job was to work when you are tired. I suggest that you always and I mean always take your rest.
The work culture is really neat, care, trust, passion and humility :) :) :)
Pros
Commissions are great as well as spiffs!!!
Cons
You have to work weekends and holidays - I personaly didn't mind
Decent Place to start a career
Director (Current Employee) –  USAMarch 20, 2017
This is a good company if you are looking to improve your resume, and develop professional skills. You have constant contact with upper management, and are coached on improving over time.

The company pays less than most competitors in the industry, and has a very low glass ceiling on advancement.
Good working conditions
Telemarketer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 18, 2017
Work day is dialing and selling vacation packages to existing timeshare owners. Hours are good at 6 hours a day. Base pay nominal but money is made on commission. The place has an active atmosphere of fun and comradery with management and coworkers are always there to help. Sales training is constant. Hardest part of the job is to keep smiling and dialing if you are having a difficult day. The best part is satisfaction of reaching sales goals and helping owners book the places and times they want.
Pros
Great hours and good benifits
Cons
Sometimes tedious dialing and getting no answers or no for an answer
lots of papet work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMarch 9, 2017
Mainly booked guests, paper work, answered phones, filed guests, was over 12 employees, payroll, bank deposits. Also helped when needed in other departments.
A Great Place to work!
Real Estate Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 8, 2017
A great place to work with exciting and challenging managers and co-workers to help you be a success! It is a productive workplace with
a nice break room to eat, relax, study, or visit with co-workers.
Pros
Great contests
good job for outgoing person
Senior Vacation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 7, 2017
The typical day involved answering the phones and helping customers plan vacations and pay their bills. You get a lunch break and two other short breaks but the rest of your shift is spent on the phone talking to customers. The staff and other employees are very friendly. This is a great job for a very outgoing person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluegreen Vacations. Our community is ready to answer.