Bluegreen Vacations Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace but maybe too fun
Executive Vacation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 28, 2016
BlueGreen as a company is great however, the management and supervision is very poor. There isn't any real assistance and even when you find someone who is available to help and answer your questions, most managers have poor attitudes about giving help. This job helped me learn a lot about time management and how important it is to manage your own time and work. My co-workers are great. The most enjoyable part of this job are the benefits. However, I have been with BlueGreen for almost a full year and have not had a chance to utilize any benefits.
Pros
Vacations for $75
Cons
Low Pay
Sketchy, at best....Sales Associate in Bass Pro Shops
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXDecember 2, 2015
Manager flat out lied about compensation. Promised 60K per year. After training for a week, started asking other associates about compensation, here is what I found out...

Longest employed associate(8 years) made 45K per year. This person got the best schedule and was working during all the peak hours during the week.

All other associates made less than 30K per year. Experience levels ranged between 1-5 years.

I left after 2 weeks. This is not an honest company as you can see with all the complaints. I know for a fact many of the positive comments left on this site are posted by Bluegreen management.

The location I worked at was one of the top locations in the company. I don't see any of the other locations being any better.

Employee beware! Spend your time finding a real job....Good Luck!
Pros
Bass Pro 10% discount
Cons
Everything else
For the most part, great co-workers
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gatlinburg, TNJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day at work was actually pretty strenuous especially when we ended up with just two laundry attendants having to do 100 and more rooms of dirty laundry. I really enjoyed working with most of my fellow co-workers, except for one who gossiped every day and put off most of their work load on me. The worst part of the day was even when I went to management about the previously mentioned fellow employee, they just told me to deal with it. The most enjoyable part of the day was knowing I got laundry caught up, all the day's rooms were turned, and the operations building was quiet except for the hum of the machines.
Benefits
Cons
Hard work isn't genuinely appreciated
worst jobs
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNNovember 7, 2015
This company is a joke, you are given vacation time that CANT BE USED, expect you to work 60 hours a week with no compensation. Management knows nothing about managing ..stay away from the Pigeon Forge location. No good locations for OPC'S , no.money to be made and they will.promise promotions that never happen because they are manipulative and only concerned with themselves. Overall, LOW PAY, NO TIME OFF, and no support from so called upper management.
Pros
Cons
very low wage, no time ofd
Getting to meet people from all over the world and working inside of the Bass Pro Shops
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 15, 2016
I loved the atmosphere here....the location was inside of a Bass Pro Shop. I was able to meet celebrities and people from all over the world. This was a sales job selling timeshares. At times it could be difficult because you have make sure people can qualify. I left this job due to lack of mismanagement. It was out of control and extremely stressful. There was absolutely no support from the management that was there. Half the time they never came to work. It was a revolving door of employees due to lack of knowledge and some serious training and support from the management. We went thru several managers and eventually I was named the interim manager. I did this for several months until I just couldn't take it anymore due to once again no support from management.
Pros
discounts on Bass Pro items
Cons
no management support
Unprofessional at Corporate
Sales/Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Ga,GAMarch 14, 2016
This was a great company to work for, until they changed their rules on how to get sales.(Which they trained us to do). They had trained us to do something that was a lease violation to the company we are partnered with. There was no re-training or apology for the corporate being unprofessional in having us purposely violate the lease. Also don 't try to be the nice employee otherwise your manager will walk all over you, only take shifts if it is convenient, otherwise they will make you their slave and have you cover everyone's shifts.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
corporate is unprofessional
Stressful environment, unrealistic sales goals, and no job security
sales representative (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 29, 2015
What can I say, when I first started working for Bluegreen they promised me the moon and the stars. Although some were true like employee benefits such as, healthcare, employee discounts on rooms, and pto. But don't be fooled! They need to offer all these benefits to lure people to work for them.

Unless you like being one of those annoying people outside the outlet malls, Bass Pro Shops and Wal-Mart stores that people desperately try to avoid then go ahead. Otherwise, stay away and find a more reliable job where you don't have to stress every week over hitting your budget. All it takes is 3 bad weeks of not making over 4 or 5 sales and you're done!

I'm not here to slander Bluegreen, and they have amazing upper management but being on the front line of their sales force will drive you crazy. You work almost every weekend and holiday, and start to hate people because you get annoyed from being ignored or cursed out almost everyday.

There's no mystery why they're always hiring. Their turnover ratio is insane. So many people come and go and all the managers care about are sales. Save yourself the time and find a better job where you can feel good about what you do and not busting your butt off in the hot sun constantly getting denied by people.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Being those annoying pushy sales people desperately looking for sales
Stay Away!!!
Bluegreen Vacations (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 25, 2015
Extremely unprofessional management! A director of the department I work for thinks its acceptable to belittle and make fun of associates in front of others....and then laughs with them about it!!! I have never experienced such an unprofessional manger throughout my whole career. I would NOT recommend working in this company to anyone! Any manager who thinks that this is acceptable behavior to show to fellow associates should not be in a management position and should be disciplined for her actions!! Bluegreen Vacations, you really need to review your management team!

"Share Happiness" is the company's motto. More like "Share making fun of other employees"!! I will be leaving this joke of a company as soon as possible.

I expect that a member from the HR team will respond to this review and request that we meet to discuss this further. Will they really do anything about it? Most likely not!
Pros
None!
Cons
Extremely unprofessional management
Good company with significanttly good benefits
Assistant Resort Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2016
Good company interested in your professional advancement.
Great opportunities for advancement and relocation for the company is rapidly growing.

Great training programs and development for those interested and willing.
A great day in the office
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 25, 2016
Answering guest calls. Addressing the situation. My coworkers were AMAZING. I learned about different destinations. My favorite part is when they had theme days. Hardest part is when you couldn't make the guest happy. My management was always there when you needed them for personal or job related..
Pros
Free Lunches, Happy environment, Pay
Cons
Location, Disrespected
Excellent work environment (corporate office).
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 28, 2015
Enjoyed working at Bluegreen. The culture is great!
Salaries are good, but not great unless you're upper management.
There are great opportunities as far as advancement and other job placements.
Pros
work life balance, health insurance, great culture, paid holidays, resort stay benefits
Cons
salaries, location, communication
Great work environment
Time share sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Pete Beach, FLDecember 11, 2015
•Guest touring of the property, explaining the benefits of timeshare and answer questions, book and participate in events, billing and account management
Sales it was good while it lasted
Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe,KSJuly 22, 2015
Selling vacation packages with a timeshare presentation. Pitching people and overcoming any objections they have. Listening to what people are looking for in a vacation. Closing the sale in a timely manner. Management is isn't what it used to be when I initially started. The hardest part was being micromanaged. The constant no's and negative comments about the timeshare. A lot of people will waste your time and not buy. The most enjoyable part would be selling vacations for families to enjoy.
Pros
Paid vacations, decent comissions, healthcare.
Cons
Short breaks, micromanges employees, no job security. Cancellations and timeshare constant complaints can be challenging.
Great benefits but absolutely no possibility for advancement if you fall in a certain group.
Guest services supervisor (Former Employee) –  NortheastMay 8, 2016
The company offers great benefits which is what keep most employees from leaving. There are no growth for black people in this company and they pay minority less than other groups for performing the same job. I can't say this is true for all properties but where I work that is difinately the case. Unrealistic goals are set and then used against you when they are not met. As a guest service associate you are expected to get a rating of 9 or ten for check in experience. Guest checked into a room that wasn't properly cleaned and gave a bad score for their check in experience. How is it front desk fault....you are constantly monitored to see if you are getting any score less than 9. The system is flawed...Promotion is not based on talent and qualification it's base on who you know...that's what I was told....sad.
Pros
Good benefits, meeting the wonderful owners and getting to know them. Proving memorable vacations.
Cons
No growth, favoritism, unequal pay for minority.
Working with the public
OUTSIDE PERSONAL CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 15, 2015
Atypical day starts with a meeting so we could get the amount of openings we can book people in to visit the Lodge Alley Inn. Then we are told which spots we are being put at down town. While out, we are responsible for giving out information on vacationing better and give out information on the best restaurants and attraction to do while in the Charleston area. My co-workers were wonderful and we helped each other. Management was ok just so long as you know someone. The most enjoyable part of my job there was meeting and greeting the tourists and locals.
Pros
kickbacks for some of the attractions
Cons
not enough training
Has always been a great company to work for.
In House Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 5, 2015
Great company to work for. Growing and upgrading a lot of their resorts. Offers great benefits and people are great to work with. Only draw back is lack of job security if you have a slow month in sales. Other than that...excellent!!!
Pros
Pays on time
Cons
no job security
Enjoyable workplace where all departments are team players
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 18, 2016
Speaking with clients on the phone and helping them in the moment of their need. Helping the Off Property Consultants with keying in their tours. Making sure every employee is matched with their tour so they may get paid properly.Calling clients to set up a small vacation that they have asked for. The hardest part of this job was not being able to always answer or help our customers. In our department we had a great team that would answer any question and help with problems that you may not be able to figure out.
Pros
discounts to stay at any property, team players, secure job
Cons
some employees clash with others, not able to resolve certain problems for clients
Good and Bad at the same time.
Telemarketer/Sales (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 13, 2016
This job is great for me . I have retired from another agency. Benefits are good and fit perfectly with what I am looking for.
However the immaturity of the mangers on the sales floor are ridiculous. They believe that because we are in a Right To Work state that they can treat us any kind of ways. Most days are good but we have many days of poor management and lack of resources.
Pros
$75 Resort Stays, Great 401K and all benefits are good
Cons
managment needs some outside real training or at least needs to listen to their staff.
Good environment, positive atmostphere
Vacation Club Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2016
Company is customer service and sales based. You're expendable unless you make an effort (just like at any other place). Coworkers are pretty awesome and the management teams are great.
Perfect beginning into sales.
Salesman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 20, 2016
i excelled very quickly at Bluegreen. i learn that selling isn't just talking. but more like a win/win for both. Management was very willing to train anyone willing to learn.