Bluehost Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Web Advisor & Social Media Lead (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 15, 2017
The company was bought out by a larger web hosting company and ever since then the only thing they cared about was trying to sell more product to the customer when you were trying to just support the customer. Lots of downtime for failing and old servers.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Managment
Unfulfilling work with distant management policies
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UT 84057August 14, 2017
Management and their policies are directed toward expecting a very high turnover rate, and so does nothing to try to keep employees happy at the company. Rather, they prefer constant training and low wages to new staff. No one stays there for very long. I saw immense turnover, with nearly everyone I started with in about a one year term.
Laid back and fun culture
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 31, 2017
Bluehost was a great place to work, one of the best jobs i've had. My manager was great and my team was even better. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Fun place to work, free soda, air hockey table, some perks, bad customers
Web Advisor and Wordpress specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 26, 2017
Just like with any call center, your job can get boring, but the overall culture and experience at Bluehost is good. I was always learning. Management was sometimes unhelpful at resolving concerns but otherwise I loved Bluehost!
Prior to IPO, it was once a great company with a great culture
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 20, 2017
At one point, Bluehost was one of the most revered tech companies in Utah. I had the opportunity to work there and advance in my career in a high performance culture. Things started to dwindle (quickly) after the IPO. Bluehost's mission was changed from a service-oriented company, who put their employees and customers first, to having a greater responsibility to their investors. As a result, the culture decayed and upper/middle management with great leaders ceased to exist because EIG decided to change its direction.
Pros
Great people, hard workers, good benefits, ability to advance career before I left
Cons
Since Q4 2016, a major shift in EIG created 100's of layoffs in Utah, no trust in uppoer management, they create an environment of fear
Stressful and poor management by leaders in the company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 19, 2017
Managemeny is Number driven and cares little 5o nothing about customer success and longevity. Terrible insurance options. Continually raised goals and lowered commissions.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Cut throat environment
Competitive and fun workplace with great activities
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 17, 2017
phone calls were competitive, coworkers were cool and competitive, management was outstanding but annoying (micromanagers). commission pay was good. the sales tactics they tried to enforce were too harsh for the target market of most customers. good activities for holidays, and hard working end of the month rewards for everyone
Pros
good schedules, activities, great commission structure
Cons
rude coworkers, vulgar language, horrible/unhealthy food intake from employees
Used to be a great place to work...
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 12, 2017
My review is based on my time there, which ended 7 months ago. Endurance International Group decided to move all of the jobs down to Tempe, AZ. I hear good things about the culture there, but have not actually worked at the Tempe location personally.
Pros
Solid product
Cons
It's in Tempe now
Fun and educational work enviroment
Sever Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 7, 2017
Job provided numerous paths of advancement, prioritized promotion within. Great environment for gaining skills and experience for promotion moving up.
Was great to start only got worse
Sales Representative / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 18, 2017
When I started at Bluehost it was great. You were respected and treated as a human. As time went on you became a number. Then benefits and pay were cut. They then started laying people off saying they wouldn't lay anyone else off. It was a flat lie. Within the next four months they laid everyone off. Management is inexperienced and it shows. Poorly managed they don't know how to manage a call center to ensure good support.
Pros
Benefits (insurance)
Cons
Basically everything

Want to know more about Bluehost?

Ask a question
Tech support call center
Server Professional (Tier 2 Support) (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 16, 2017
Inbound tech support for hosting customers, calls could be about billing, domain issues, DNS, Site development, server issues, ect...
Learned new things everyday.
Pros
Commision
Cons
call center
Productive, fun, on site gym, ping pong table weekly fruit provided
web advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 9, 2017
Work is helping customers with server related issues.
I learned a lot about servers, command line and site builders.
I felt comfortable working there with others, no one seemed to judge anyone.
The hardest part of the job was some of the training.
I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed helping and teaching the customers about what their products did for them.
Pros
Free food, gym, plenty of Paid time off and great benefits
Cons
communication with the lower techs is not very good
If they weren't moving it to Arizona I would defiantly stay.
Server Professional Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 5, 2017
It was a sad day when it was announced that our corporate management made the decision to move the company to Arizona and lay off nearly 600 employees. I understand their decision and hold no animosity towards Bluehost. I had a great opportunity to learn and grow with this company and I hope that it continues to grow and thrive.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Cons
Micromanaged from a far based off of stats they don't understand.
Not a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
Friends are promoted over qualified individuals. Their support department doesn't care about the customer and solving the problem they only care about making money off of up-selling customers unneeded products.
Pros
Techs are a fun group of people
Cons
Management is clueless.
It used to be great
Manager Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 28, 2017
The buy out was something that brought about change, change that was not with the original owners. They are moving everything to Arizona now.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 3, 2017
Bluehost has a great environment centered on learning and growth. As a Server Professional I support our VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller Customers in a Linux CentOS & cPanel/WHM environment.
Educational place
Web Hosting Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work and learn how to form and manage a website. As a coach, worked with several great people that improved my life.
Fast Paced environment with little room to grow
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Work for BlueHost is pretty average place to work. Typically you will spend your full shift talking to callers who are angry and who do actually need assistance but the tools you are given are not enough and there is not enought help when you need it
Not your average call center job
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at work, you always had someone ready to help when it was needed. they gave you opportunity to grow and learn and they encouraged it.
Was a Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 17, 2017
Company was a great company to work for until they stopped caring about the sales team and cut the whole sales floor. New leadership without experience making changes.