Bluehost Employee Reviews

Fun and educational work enviroment
Sever Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 7, 2017
Job provided numerous paths of advancement, prioritized promotion within. Great environment for gaining skills and experience for promotion moving up.
Was great to start only got worse
Sales Representative / Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 18, 2017
When I started at Bluehost it was great. You were respected and treated as a human. As time went on you became a number. Then benefits and pay were cut. They then started laying people off saying they wouldn't lay anyone else off. It was a flat lie. Within the next four months they laid everyone off. Management is inexperienced and it shows. Poorly managed they don't know how to manage a call center to ensure good support.
Pros
Benefits (insurance)
Cons
Basically everything
Tech support call center
Server Professional (Tier 2 Support) (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 16, 2017
Inbound tech support for hosting customers, calls could be about billing, domain issues, DNS, Site development, server issues, ect...
Learned new things everyday.
Pros
Commision
Cons
call center
Productive, fun, on site gym, ping pong table weekly fruit provided
web advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 9, 2017
Work is helping customers with server related issues.
I learned a lot about servers, command line and site builders.
I felt comfortable working there with others, no one seemed to judge anyone.
The hardest part of the job was some of the training.
I loved the people I worked with and I enjoyed helping and teaching the customers about what their products did for them.
Pros
Free food, gym, plenty of Paid time off and great benefits
Cons
communication with the lower techs is not very good
If they weren't moving it to Arizona I would defiantly stay.
Server Professional Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTApril 5, 2017
It was a sad day when it was announced that our corporate management made the decision to move the company to Arizona and lay off nearly 600 employees. I understand their decision and hold no animosity towards Bluehost. I had a great opportunity to learn and grow with this company and I hope that it continues to grow and thrive.
Pros
Great Health Benifits
Cons
Micromanaged from a far based off of stats they don't understand.
Not a great place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 23, 2017
Friends are promoted over qualified individuals. Their support department doesn't care about the customer and solving the problem they only care about making money off of up-selling customers unneeded products.
Pros
Techs are a fun group of people
Cons
Management is clueless.
It used to be great
Manager Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 28, 2017
The buy out was something that brought about change, change that was not with the original owners. They are moving everything to Arizona now.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Server Professional (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTFebruary 3, 2017
Bluehost has a great environment centered on learning and growth. As a Server Professional I support our VPS, Dedicated, and Reseller Customers in a Linux CentOS & cPanel/WHM environment.
Educational place
Web Hosting Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 26, 2017
Great place to work and learn how to form and manage a website. As a coach, worked with several great people that improved my life.
Fast Paced environment with little room to grow
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 25, 2017
Work for BlueHost is pretty average place to work. Typically you will spend your full shift talking to callers who are angry and who do actually need assistance but the tools you are given are not enough and there is not enought help when you need it
Not your average call center job
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time at work, you always had someone ready to help when it was needed. they gave you opportunity to grow and learn and they encouraged it.
Was a Great Company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 17, 2017
Company was a great company to work for until they stopped caring about the sales team and cut the whole sales floor. New leadership without experience making changes.
pretty lame, not put together
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 15, 2017
company is not doing very well and there are a lot of issues with management. they fired a ton of the upper level management all at once. that pretty much says it all.
A great place to work, but not a final destination for creatives
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJanuary 6, 2017
I've really loved my time at Bluehost. They're fair, they work hard, and they really try to take care of both their customers and their employees. It's been a great experience, though it's not a good final destination for an illustrator/designer who really wants to stretch their creative wings.
Highly stressful work environment.
Web adviser (Former Employee) –  Lindon, UTOctober 10, 2016
In the beginning we provided excellent customer service to web hosting customers. After changing hands the company work culture changed. There was an increased demand for higher sales and less emphasis on customer satisfaction. At the same time the work force was reduced. This resulted in increased stress and a feeling that there was less job security.
Pros
It was possible to earn quite a lot.
Cons
Often training and communication was slow, new products were released before they were ready, and before training employees.
Was once great
Web Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 26, 2016
The company has lost its way. After being acquired by Endurance International emphasis was placed on a quick buck and less on support. In the last 6 months I was at the company not once was technical support training given to me. All the training I received was with regard to sales. Sales to customers who did not need upgraded in servers. Sales to customers who did not want to get pitched something every time they called for support.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
to much sales
Typical Call Center
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTSeptember 20, 2016
This is an inbound call center and you have to deal with customer's who are not always pleasant. They do offer good benefits and match your 401K which is nice.
Pros
Commission, benefits, 401K
Cons
Dealing with mean customers
don't bother
Web Advisor (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTAugust 26, 2016
Bluehost Host is a company that doesnt care about employees low wage little oppertunity for advancement. the company use to good then got bought by eig a corporaste giant that is ruining the company enviroment.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low wage
Bluehost Web Adviser
Web Adviser (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTAugust 22, 2016
Not sufficient pay for the amount of work expected to accomplish/technical knowledge, you are told to use Google to solve issues if nobody knows.
Really is a sales job although they don't really get that across to you before working there.
Not adequate support staff so long hold times for customers which angers customers by the time they get through to representative.
Pros
a job
Cons
pay low
Bluehost is a great company to work for.
Billing Specialist Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 19, 2016
A typical day would be helping customers with their websites, either by phone or chat. Would be multitasking by being on the phone and helping on chats.

I loved being a billing specialist 2, because I was able to help answer questions for other employees regarding their calls or chats.

Hardest part of the job was when we had downtime and the customers websites were effected by being down.

Most enjoyable part of the job was online chats and helping my fellow co-workers. Great environment and plenty of growth opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bluehost. Our community is ready to answer.

Bluehost Reviews by Location