Bluehost

Bluehost Employer Reviews

Good place to work.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 2, 2014
A good company to work for because they make an effort to create a good environment for employees. Benefits are nice too.
Decent, if your supervisor isn't incompetent
Web Advisor (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: graveyard supervisor
Working at Bluehost was one of the coolest experiences that I've ever had, intellectually and professionally. If you are about to start here though, I recommend NOT taking the Graveyard position. The head supervisor on that shift is extremely cold and unforgiving. He has no interpersonal skills, and his entire team hated him right up until the time – more... that I decided to leave. – less
Bluehost was a challenging place to work
Terms of Service / Compliance (Former Employee), Orem, UTJuly 24, 2014
Pros: air hockey, pool, food
Cons: unforgiving
A typical day at work would include reviewing spam reports from security companies such as Spamcop and SpamHaus. I would take those reports, view the email headers and deactivate an account due to sending spam emails, deactivate the mail services on a hosting account for spam or spamvertising, or take another action

My day also included providing Terms – more... of Service support to Technical Support agents on the call floor and directly to customers. I would review customers accounts with them and use SSH / Bash to detect malware and viruses on their account.

I learned a lot about the Linux environment as well as SSH / Bash as i was needing to use them on a daily basis. This was also the hardest part of the job. The learning curve to learn SSH is quite steep. – less
fun people to work with
Supervisor/Recruiting (Current Employee), Orem, UTMay 16, 2014
Pros: free food, lots of activities, ping pong, pool table, and more
Cons: not much room for advancement
There isn't much room for advancement. Management requires that everyone does Helpful Recommendations (Up selling) with every call.
Great place to work and fun managers
Outbound Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), orem utJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: talking with anger customers
They managers were really fun to work with. Really nice people. Had free food and basketball courts and ping pong tables for breaks
A great place to work
Technical support level 1 (Former Employee), 1600s. Lindon UtJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: great compensation and twenty dollars a month for the snack bar.
Cons: high stress environment.
Working at bluehost was great, they really take the time to help you if you don't know the cause of any issue you are seeing. I learned a lot about the workings of a website, and every day I got to speak with at least 30 people over the phone with unique issues. The employees are very friendly, honestly the hardest part was how many different things – more... you had to know for each individual issue. – less
Growing company but Diminishing culture
Chargeback Specialist (Current Employee), Orem, UTJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free $20 balance for food/snacks each month
Cons: cold/apathetic workforce
When I first began working for this company, I enjoyed the employee benefits as well as the management. However, over time I saw the company turn from a family-friendly local business into a corporate environment where taking care of its employees is on the lowest tier of importance.
Fun workplace with ping pong tables and arcade machines
Level 2 Technical Support (Current Employee), Orem, UtahOctober 1, 2013
Pros: $20 a month for food, arcade machines, pool table, ping pong tables, air hockey table
Cons: poor upper level management
My experience with Bluehost has been pleasant for the most part. My only qualm is upper level management has a tendency to push for numbers over quality of work.
Great place to work, and had a very awesome break room.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Orem, UTSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great break room, nice people
Cons: really early shift
I would just help customers with their billing accounts. I learned a lot about the interface they used, Everyone there was really friendly. The hardest part of the job were my hours, but the most enjoyable part was being able to help people.
Sweatshop
Technical Support (Former Employee), Orem, UTApril 4, 2012
Pros: dual monitors
Cons: everything
After taking 90 calls a day, you were dead tired. Barely enough energy left to make it home at night. Quota was 45-50/day, and doubling that earned me no advancement, no reward, no anything but a headache.
Good pay, good people...not super great managment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Provo, UTFebruary 25, 2012
Pros: snacks and games
Cons: training is not sufficient, breaks are short and billing supervisor is unfair
My supervisor seemed to find the smallest errors and ended up getting me let go because they did not care enough to help me instead of writing me up. I feel that the supervisor personally didn't care for me and was looking for excuses to get rid of me.